R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #8581
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Come on Paul, don't be shy because you are FAST. Anyone can call me what they want........Although grapes sure sound very delicious right now
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #8582
Tech Apprentice

You have issues Andy!... Lol
Pcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #8583
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcoleman View Post
The only issue that I have (according to my wife) is that I LOVE racing these awesome GT cars ALMOST more than I love her ha...ha...ha...ha...ha
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #8584
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Wow!.......Andy, so your new name is grape vine!!!

Paulo, I just look forward to running with the best!!!
I love this class of on-road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman2 View Post
Come on Paul, don't be shy because you are FAST. Anyone can call me what they want........Although grapes sure sound very delicious right now
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman2 View Post
The only issue that I have (according to my wife) is that I LOVE racing these awesome GT cars ALMOST more than I love her ha...ha...ha...ha...ha

LOL... wow i guess that grapewine was easy to spot.... Anyway, it's all about having fun.. and bringing some smack talk to the forum as well..

Guys, anyway, i know there is a bunch of people that are coming that are not registered.

Please just go on the race thread and put your name, like a roll call. The organizer will appreciate it very much
Old 12-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #8585
Tech Regular

Smile

How good does Paolo need to get before we have to petition 'handcuffs' on him while driving ??????

Good luck Paul on trying to pass him......last time I saw you was at Las Vegas but it looks as though you shook off the 'rust' pretty quick. I'll be rooting for my 'mentor' ....'The Flying Hawaaiin'........unless 'Spooky' shows up, then it'll be a tough call.....

(time for some 'winter kimchi').......
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #8586
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Paolo,

I still dont see your name on Copa del Pacifico in March 2013 - Lima Peru. Hope you can attend the event, more than 30 GT drivers already registered for the race.

I always amazing to see how a driver of your level, handle this GT cars with the "magic touch", hope to see you in Lima !

cya !

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #8587
Tech Addict

http://youtu.be/pVVC_MfSp4c

A Little video our friend Fabian took from our last race of the year. We had 38 entries in GT class. This class continues to grow.
jneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #8588
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneg View Post
http://youtu.be/pVVC_MfSp4c

A Little video our friend Fabian took from our last race of the year. We had 38 entries in GT class. This class continues to grow.
Jneg,

I heard that there are some guys running electric GT down in PR now. Is that true? If so, how many are running? Might bring mine down the next time I come to PR to race.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #8589
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Jneg,

I heard that there are some guys running electric GT down in PR now. Is that true? If so, how many are running? Might bring mine down the next time I come to PR to race.
Correct! We were 9 electric GTs. The guys are still getting the cars dialed but theyare fast. Mine kept up with the nitros everywhere but I had a few problems with my solid center shaft and had to race with a center diff. Since I didn't have the correct size spur I lost all the top speed and the gear ratio wasn't anywhere near what I started with. But I was a blast. If you look at the pictures, mine was the one with the truck body. I had an SC8 that I converted to GT and then to electric. Bring yours when you get back here.
jneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #8590
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneg View Post
Correct! We were 9 electric GTs. The guys are still getting the cars dialed but theyare fast. Mine kept up with the nitros everywhere but I had a few problems with my solid center shaft and had to race with a center diff. Since I didn't have the correct size spur I lost all the top speed and the gear ratio wasn't anywhere near what I started with. But I was a blast. If you look at the pictures, mine was the one with the truck body. I had an SC8 that I converted to GT and then to electric. Bring yours when you get back here.
Cool deal!! Like you, I am working on what diff oils I need to use in mine, especially the center diff. I get enough diffs built for my nitro GTs with various diff oils so it is a matter of popping them in and out to see what will work. More gear to bring to PR, will need another box!!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #8591
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen View Post
I'm @ work right now so I don't have much time to post all the pic's I want with a good description of what's been done...but here a few quick clicks...I'll post more later>>>---<<<Maybe I can sneak a few descriptions in

paint job by CR GRAPHICS...this the body I won from Jojo @ Blue Diamond Park...and Jojo said ...and I qoute..."this body's coming home with me" not ...the wheels and tires are premounted Sweep 45's

with the addition of the longer cb and the center diff moved forward, the electronics box and servo has to be chopped for clearance.

steering servo chop.

The shaft on the left was cut down from the original, the other was sleeved and then welded for more strength...so far the latter is the winner!

my first, we named him "piece of $h!+"...may he rest in pieces

The rear drive shaft is the Losi 8T front shaft...perfect length...the top of the center case has to be dremeled inside for the big gear to spin free and the brake cam from the front brake is now used in the rear, notice the "race bend" on the brake lever !

fits like a glove.

I'll give a better write up later with more pic's<<<
How did this work out.was it competitive
bigjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #8592
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I would say this was very competitive I use to battle every Sunday with this beast and it won its fair share of races with some very fast guys at the track.
facebook.com/Dashhobbies/shop
nitrodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #8593
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to adidasink

I want to convert an Associated RC8 into a GT class car. Since I am new to this, and have tried searching through the 400+ posts in this thread, what is needed to convert it to a GT class car? If there is a conversion kit great, if not what are the specific parts needed.

Thanks!
adidasink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #8594
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasink View Post
I want to convert an Associated RC8 into a GT class car. Since I am new to this, and have tried searching through the 400+ posts in this thread, what is needed to convert it to a GT class car? If there is a conversion kit great, if not what are the specific parts needed.

Thanks!
There is no "conversion kit" for a RC8. The best person to get info to convert a RC8 is jneg from Puerto Rico. He ran his this past December at the Winter Cup race at his home track in PR at Barceloneta. PM him for the best info.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:32 AM   #8595
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi

Can anybody please tell me what kind of Nova and pipe and header did Juaquin DeSoto in the Gt race in the Caribbean Winter GT Cup ?
favo is offline   Reply With Quote