R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #8401
Tech Regular
 
scary_jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 427
Default results of pre-race voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Stupid Flame Out ..............

I'm still not happy that I let that happen at the race ....... Next year!
He He He......that 'Voodoo Doughnut' backfired on you didn't it.......Just by looking in that box caused my Locktite to fail but I was able to finish the B Main with that screw dragging on the track causing erratic 'doughnuts' to left and right in front of traffic........sheeeesh, what a panic.
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #8402
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,341
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Trickle View Post
So if Xray is looking at doing a long GT car, why is Rino's Xray proto a short chassis car? From a research and development pov, that wouldn't make any sense.....
That is because this is an independent project that he is working on. He is getting technical informational help from Ralph and some folks at RC America on it. I will leave it at that.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #8403
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,341
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Stupid Flame Out ..............

I'm still not happy that I let that happen at the race ....... Next year!
Next year it is then!!!
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #8404
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,671
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
He He He......that 'Voodoo Doughnut' backfired on you didn't it.......Just by looking in that box caused my Locktite to fail but I was able to finish the B Main with that screw dragging on the track causing erratic 'doughnuts' to left and right in front of traffic........sheeeesh, what a panic.
Jerry - Not really, as the main was my best run of the weekend, Got to thank my pit guy for puttin up with the issues and keeping it going. Next year he gets one as well ....... So be prepaired!

JLock - You may see me again prior to Joliet. But I'll povide a soda if you finish ahead of me next year at the Byrons race. Plus I want another shot at Howard ......

Always fun racing with the Texas guys!!!
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #8405
Tech Master
 
J-milz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Staten island
Posts: 1,456
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Anybody got a website for the KYOSHO GT1 bodies? I want an untainted f430 or 350z..
__________________
💫XRAY addict💫 sponsored by the secret stash.....tee-hee-hee.
J-milz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #8406
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 602
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

what are guys running for clutches? im looking for medium punch with good mileage. anyone running the buku? is it outlawed?
__________________
Brett Adams
Mugen MGT7
o.s. savox futaba
66 Box Nova all motor LSX
1966ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #8407
Tech Adept
 
FLoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-milz View Post
Anybody got a website for the KYOSHO GT1 bodies? I want an untainted f430 or 350z..
I have 3 kyosho brand new in bag clear ferrari bodies , $200 each shipped .. if you can find it anywhere in the world go for it
__________________
KYoSHo iNFeRNo GT1-E RCMoNSTeR CaSTLe2200 <> KYoSHo iNFeRNo GT2Ve Tekin 2650
oFNa LM DO CaRBoNFiBeR CaSTLe2650 <> TC4 FT
ZDRaCiNG TRuGGy <> HPI NiTRo RS4 .21oS
PRoBoaT STiLeTTo <>TRaXXaS SPaRTaN
FLoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #8408
Tech Master
 
J-milz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Staten island
Posts: 1,456
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
I have 3 kyosho brand new in bag clear ferrari bodies , $200 each shipped .. if you can find it anywhere in the world go for it
At $200 how can I go wrong? I'll be better off buying the Audi r8 and the longer chassis. I'll still have money for fuel. But thanks anyway.
__________________
💫XRAY addict💫 sponsored by the secret stash.....tee-hee-hee.
J-milz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #8409
Tech Adept
 
FLoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-milz View Post
At $200 how can I go wrong? I'll be better off buying the Audi r8 and the longer chassis. I'll still have money for fuel. But thanks anyway.
Yea I feel you bro , some just cant afford what they really want so settle for less. Me on other hand will pay the extra dollar just to have somthing that the rest of world cant get their hands on anymore .
If you find the longer chassis and r8 body cheaper and still have money left for anything let me know , ill take 10 of them now and get all my buddies to start racing no bs
__________________
KYoSHo iNFeRNo GT1-E RCMoNSTeR CaSTLe2200 <> KYoSHo iNFeRNo GT2Ve Tekin 2650
oFNa LM DO CaRBoNFiBeR CaSTLe2650 <> TC4 FT
ZDRaCiNG TRuGGy <> HPI NiTRo RS4 .21oS
PRoBoaT STiLeTTo <>TRaXXaS SPaRTaN
FLoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #8410
Tech Regular
 
C-Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
Yea I feel you bro , some just cant afford what they really want so settle for less. Me on other hand will pay the extra dollar just to have somthing that the rest of world cant get their hands on anymore .
If you find the longer chassis and r8 body cheaper and still have money left for anything let me know , ill take 10 of them now and get all my buddies to start racing no bs
The street price of the R8 is about $65, the red GT2 chassis kit is $65. So $130, and money for a couple gallons of fuel. You better get those buddies racing.

At that price you're better off ordering a BYSM or Deltaplastik Rally Game body for your GT1. Super tough, great handling, and look great on the track.
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #8411
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,671
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Body Needed

Guy's ......

I am putting a friend in a Spec DM-1 GT ride for the Sweep Race at the end of the month, but he needs a body to paint and likes more realistic rides. So trying to find a clear Porsche / Ferrari 430 for him and can't find anyone that has one in stock.

Any one know a shop that has one or have one they would part with????


Thanks in Advance

Mark
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #8412
Tech Master
 
J-milz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Staten island
Posts: 1,456
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
Yea I feel you bro , some just cant afford what they really want so settle for less. Me on other hand will pay the extra dollar just to have somthing that the rest of world cant get their hands on anymore .
If you find the longer chassis and r8 body cheaper and still have money left for anything let me know , ill take 10 of them now and get all my buddies to start racing no bs
What I can afford and what I'm willing to pay is apples and oranges. I'm not looking to pad someone's pocket for a want. Especially when there are better options. My local track (FBF) is not a tight track so the longer WB is ideal. But thanks anyway.
__________________
💫XRAY addict💫 sponsored by the secret stash.....tee-hee-hee.
J-milz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #8413
Tech Regular
 
mosaics12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

@j-milz u can use protoform, alpha r2 or ipanema body if u want for ur gt1. and for gt2 alpha r1, ipanema and corvette body. bruckner has them on stock

absolutehobbyz has a few bodies available also
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/index.php?cPath=225_267
__________________
kyosho inferno GT2 pro.. kyosho ultima sc.. HPI savage X.. tamiya m-05 pr
mosaics12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #8414
Tech Adept
 
FLoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-milz View Post
What I can afford and what I'm willing to pay is apples and oranges. I'm not looking to pad someone's pocket for a want. Especially when there are better options. My local track (FBF) is not a tight track so the longer WB is ideal. But thanks anyway.

its all good my man !!!
you posted " untainted Ferrari body " not sure what better options you speak of but its all you . I was jsut throwing it out there not forcing anyone to buy anything . I dont think you can call it paddin somones pocket for somthing that is discontinued or unavailable to the rest of the world unless somone lets go of their personal collection . I been seachin for months and luckily came across mine . I paid well over 2wice retail cost so im sure theres other suckers out there also I know I am not alone lol . That said there is a used Ferrari body on ebay right now .. I know its not unpainted but doesnt look bad .. Might be out of your willing to spend range though but who knows ..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/kyosho-infer...item19d418d487
__________________
KYoSHo iNFeRNo GT1-E RCMoNSTeR CaSTLe2200 <> KYoSHo iNFeRNo GT2Ve Tekin 2650
oFNa LM DO CaRBoNFiBeR CaSTLe2650 <> TC4 FT
ZDRaCiNG TRuGGy <> HPI NiTRo RS4 .21oS
PRoBoaT STiLeTTo <>TRaXXaS SPaRTaN
FLoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #8415
Tech Master
 
J-milz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Staten island
Posts: 1,456
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
its all good my man !!!
you posted " untainted Ferrari body " not sure what better options you speak of but its all you . I was jsut throwing it out there not forcing anyone to buy anything . I dont think you can call it paddin somones pocket for somthing that is discontinued or unavailable to the rest of the world unless somone lets go of their personal collection . I been seachin for months and luckily came across mine . I paid well over 2wice retail cost so im sure theres other suckers out there also I know I am not alone lol . That said there is a used Ferrari body on ebay right now .. I know its not unpainted but doesnt look bad .. Might be out of your willing to spend range though but who knows ..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/kyosho-infer...item19d418d487
I appreciate the help, but I already started getting the parts to make it a GT2. I really like the Audi R8 and it seems to work at my local track. Thanks!
__________________
💫XRAY addict💫 sponsored by the secret stash.....tee-hee-hee.
J-milz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro Off-Road 5 03-20-2012 12:03 PM
JRX-S based 4wd buggy?? Why was the idea scrapped? cpatel529 Electric Off-Road 33 12-08-2007 07:19 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-26-2006 12:40 PM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 13 09-30-2006 11:31 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 03-21-2006 02:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:45 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0