Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cestaric
Its a Serpent 966 2 speed transmission.
With the serpent 2 speed did u need to modify the cv axle as kitchen did with the ofna tranny?
Old 06-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Thanks Daniel,

The 2-speed and a few other goodies have been completed since

We will be at the TimeZone race in 3 weeks how about you comming there

We still have a few dates across the country to make this season we will see about comming back, maybe we can make a Dallas race too

Hope you have good fortune with you Serpent it looks great

Thanks Andy. Making the A main at the Nationals with the Single speed and without the other improvments and finishing 6th that day really said alot to me about the cars potential.

Now with the 2-Speed and other improvements we just need seat time to dial it in, speed is not a issue

See u at the Timezone Andy
Leon,

It's been tough just making it to any races here in Texas due to work and my daughter's tennis. Hoping next year I can do more racing. I will be heading up to Dallas for the next series race and plan on making the Region 9 event and the Gulfcoast Grand Prix. Where and when is the Timezone race? Maybe I can try and make it to that one. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Daniel
Old 06-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
Leon,

It's been tough just making it to any races here in Texas due to work and my daughter's tennis. Hoping next year I can do more racing. I will be heading up to Dallas for the next series race and plan on making the Region 9 event and the Gulfcoast Grand Prix. Where and when is the Timezone race? Maybe I can try and make it to that one. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Daniel
Timezone GP is July 19-22. Located in Battleground, Washington. 30 minutes north of Portland, OR
Old 07-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Cool video, excellent production quality, fun to watch too!
Old 07-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Help a brotha' out pls...

I have been running the basic Jspeed seet up for a LONG time - and I even have the sheet. BUT it's printed somewhat small when compared to the 'new' Inferno GT sheet and I'm having trouble reading it since it got near some form of oil that soaked through the sheet...

Jspeed or anyone else still have a copy of this that they could either post or post a link to????

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Anybody know where I can get Alpha tires from? IGT hobbies and maxvelocity both show out of stock. Looking for pre-mounted white wheels, hard shore.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

I believe brucknerhobbies.com has them
Old 07-12-2012, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris K
I have been running the basic Jspeed seet up for a LONG time - and I even have the sheet. BUT it's printed somewhat small when compared to the 'new' Inferno GT sheet and I'm having trouble reading it since it got near some form of oil that soaked through the sheet...

Jspeed or anyone else still have a copy of this that they could either post or post a link to????

Thanks!
Chris, that older IGT1 set-up is around somewhere, but we’ll have to go way back to 2007-2008 to find that one.

Off the top of my head here’s something new you might want to try on your IGT car depending on surface condition and driving style now:

Front Toe out: +0.5 or 0 degrees
Rear Toe in: -2.5
Ride height: front 9mm – rear 10mm (8mm – 9mm if track is super smooth)
Front upper pin – lower shock tower position
Rear inner upper link – lower shock tower position
Rear anti-squat lower pin holder – Optional Red
Rear wheelbase – plastic spacer behind uprights
Springs: Stock
Shock oil: 80W
Shock location: front outer lower- inner upper & rear – outer lower-middle uppers
Droop – front 1mm, rear 1 to 2mm
Camber – front -1.5, rear -2.5 (change angles depending on tire wear patterns)
Diff oils:
Small tight tracks: Front - 30K to 50K & rear 10K
Big open tracks: Front 200K to 300K & Rear 20K to 30K

Hope it helps!
Old 07-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks!!!

I think it will; I hate it when I SAVE a set up sheet, find it and then can't read it....

I consider the Lincoln, NE onroad track a medium track so I'll probably start with 100 - 120 front and 10 rear - possibly fill an extra diff at 20k just to settle it down if it needs settleing!

Otherwise, I can read it and it seems pretty much what you have posted here!

Thanks again for your help!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Thanks!!!

I think it will; I hate it when I SAVE a set up sheet, find it and then can't read it....

I consider the Lincoln, NE onroad track a medium track so I'll probably start with 100 - 120 front and 10 rear - possibly fill an extra diff at 20k just to settle it down if it needs settleing!

Otherwise, I can read it and it seems pretty much what you have posted here!

Thanks again for your help!
Chris, you going to race in Lincoln this weekend? If so stop and say hi.

Mark W.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Chris, you going to race in Lincoln this weekend? If so stop and say hi.

Mark W.
LOL!!! Actually, I *think* I won't have to go too far; I think we'll be pitting side by side! Billy invited me to pit over that direction since I'm the only one coming from down here with IGT and I didn't wanna' wrestle an easy up by myself.... So, I'll be the old fart with the white Taurus and the freshly prepped Kyosho nitro and a shiny new GT8e to 'shake down' and see if it's even worth trying to perfect!

Glad to see you're making it back over this direction - I really wanted to make the Fireball BUT my wife seems to be a bit grumpy when I race on holiday weekends!

So, as long as everything goes as planned today, I'll finish prep on the Kyosho, start to break in motor and PACK MY JUNK so I can leave about 7:00am in the morning!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

LOL!!! Actually, I *think* I won't have to go too far; I think we'll be pitting side by side! Billy invited me to pit over that direction since I'm the only one coming from down here with IGT and I didn't wanna' wrestle an easy up by myself.... So, I'll be the old fart with the white Taurus and the freshly prepped Kyosho nitro and a shiny new GT8e to 'shake down' and see if it's even worth trying to perfect!

Glad to see you're making it back over this direction - I really wanted to make the Fireball BUT my wife seems to be a bit grumpy when I race on holiday weekends!

So, as long as everything goes as planned today, I'll finish prep on the Kyosho, start to break in motor and PACK MY JUNK so I can leave about 7:00am in the morning!
So YOUR the 3rd GUY!!!

Now that is funny. I'll leave mid afternoon today, as I have a little farther to travel.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grenade10
So YOUR the 3rd GUY!!!

Now that is funny. I'll leave mid afternoon today, as I have a little farther to travel.
LOL!!! You think it's funny NOW.... Hopefully you won't loose your sense of humor before the weekend is up!!!!

AND, I may toss the Easy Up (one of the worlds GREAT oxymorons) just in case we need more shade or a coctail lounge area or such....

Looking forward to running the IGT for the first time in almost 2 years!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Is anyone running the rear exhaust kit in their GT2 from KYOSHO I like the scale realism of GT based cars and that exhaust looks killer.....any thoughts?
Old 07-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by J-milz
Is anyone running the rear exhaust kit in their GT2 from KYOSHO I like the scale realism of GT based cars and that exhaust looks killer.....any thoughts?
Looks awesome on the track! Makes your car a PIG though. Sssooooo restrictive. I say stick with a good tuned pipe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.