R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2012, 04:20 AM   #8086
Tech Master
 
chicky03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,949
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post

Just show everyone here a list of links where the Nova N21-5T engine you guys used in our $200 dollar or less GT Spec class and where it can be purchased for $199.99?
Here are some links to the N21-5T engine for 199.99

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/advanc...n21-5t&x=0&y=0
http://184.168.95.92/shop/product.ph...&cat=87&page=1

I think some of these guys want the $280 rule because it allows a higher quality, broader range of engines from more manufacturers. With the $200 rule you have less of a choice of quality engines. With just $80 more you get engines that have a lot better parts in them and better reliability.
__________________
Serpent America, Picco, Desoto Racing, Motiv, J Concepts, Nitro Pro fuel, PT RC Racing Oils, TQ Wire(best wire ever!), BSR tires, Arrowmax, Xceed, Sanwa, Amain Hobbies, MIP, Getcustomized, EZ Customs

Last edited by chicky03; 04-03-2012 at 04:39 AM.
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:59 AM   #8087
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: toulouse/france
Posts: 509
Default

Hello from France,

we choose another way to create and promote our GT class.

A lot of "offroaders" wants to play on concrete so, they decided to convert their buggy to GT chassis. But they allready have their buggy engines (cheap or expensive, italian or asiactic.....).

We decided to allow all the chassis and engine and for equity, we decided to block the transmission of the power to the ground.

We choose to allow only one type of tyre (provided by the organisation).
It's in real rubber and in hard compound.
We have only one set of tyres for a race day.

But, the year after, all racers bought race bodies (from italian brands) to improve the traction.
And then, we choose to allow only some bodies looking like real cars (Porsche, Subaru, Mercedes...)

It's our choice, adapted to our racing scene.
Maybee not possible by your side.

Au revoir,

Romuald
romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #8088
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 824
Default

[QUOTE=zobeida;10518016]Congrats to all the winners

A Main Open
TQ Paolo Monganti



Guys thanks for the props. I had a really good time in PR. I have to say that even if a few years a go i was skeptical about the GT class, now i can say that i am a believer and i am hooked.
The tires have improved a lot providing great and consistent traction. My Alpha tires worked great the whole event, no fading even using super soft compounds.

I will like to thank the organizers of this event and my friends in PR for the hospitality.

Also i will like to thanks my sponsors Serpent, Desoto Racing, Novarossi, Ko Propo, Byrons, Avid, Team Titan, Enneti, Blitz, Alpha R/C

Next stop Mikes Hobbies in Porter TX.... See you there
__________________
RCtarget, Capricorn, Novarossi, Maxima MX Fuel, Matrix, Xtreme Aero, Avid, Ko Propo, Veytrex Lab, Blast RC, PMR
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #8089
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,363
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
Here are some links to the N21-5T engine for 199.99

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/advanc...n21-5t&x=0&y=0
http://184.168.95.92/shop/product.ph...&cat=87&page=1

I think some of these guys want the $280 rule because it allows a higher quality, broader range of engines from more manufacturers. With the $200 rule you have less of a choice of quality engines. With just $80 more you get engines that have a lot better parts in them and better reliability.
Thank you for posting the links to the Novarossi engine. If I decided to purchase one later this year, let's hope the price doesn't increase as then it would not be a Spec-legal engine for Ipanema's Spec-class racing.

The $200 dollar and under rule has been working for the Midwest Series (from where organized GT racing started) and Ipanema races since their inception. No one that has raced in either series has had any issues or difficulties finding good quality engines that fit within their rules. In fact, at the 2010 Ipanema US GT Nats, most of us running in Spec were using the OS .21VG and the lap times weren't that far off from the Open class (less than 1.5 sec).

The main point is if you want to run in the Spec class and the rules presented are clear, abide by the rules or run in the Open class where any engine, regardless of price, is legal at Ipanema-sponsored races. Respect the rules of the organizers of the races being presented.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #8090
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 85
Default GT class--buggy--based on road

Even though I did not attend the worlds due to medical condition, and for all those ungratefull , I would like to thank Jeff Vargas and Eggie for putting on a great race(as per everyones reactions to it).IPANEMA,come say it, you are not going to die. Give thanks and credit where it's due and use their names so everyone knows who were responsible for you having a good time,nuff said.
oskygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #8091
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,673
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Question for my fellow GT racers. I'm putting new bearings in my DM1 car, but having a hard time getting the hex drives off the universals.

Has anyone come up with a tool or process to press the pins out.

Thanks in Advance
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #8092
Tech Master
 
DRRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,505
Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)
Default

Anyone know the parts to convert a mbx6 to GT? Is it readily available?
Read that there were some conversions in a previous race
Thanks
__________________
Team Wife
Mugen Seiki Racing
Mugenracing.com
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #8093
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Question for my fellow GT racers. I'm putting new bearings in my DM1 car, but having a hard time getting the hex drives off the universals.

Has anyone come up with a tool or process to press the pins out.

Thanks in Advance

If you used threadlock on the pin set screw, just heat it with a lighter and will come off easily,

regards,
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #8094
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,673
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
Anyone know the parts to convert a mbx6 to GT? Is it readily available?
Read that there were some conversions in a previous race
Thanks
I'm playing with a conversion my self. Found shock towers at SNR, but have really not found much else.
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com

Last edited by Grenade10; 04-03-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #8095
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,673
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
If you used threadlock on the pin set screw, just heat it with a lighter and will come off easily,

regards,
DUH!!!!!

It's been so long since I had built this car (3 years) that I forgot about the set screw in the wheel hub. No wonder I could not press the pin out.

Thanks
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #8096
Tech Master
 
DRRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,505
Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
I'm playing with a conversion my self. Found shock towers at SNR, but have really found much else.
what about the 2 speed conversion
what did you use
__________________
Team Wife
Mugen Seiki Racing
Mugenracing.com
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #8097
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskygt View Post
Even though I did not attend the worlds due to medical condition, and for all those ungratefull , I would like to thank Jeff Vargas and Eggie for putting on a great race(as per everyones reactions to it).IPANEMA,come say it, you are not going to die. Give thanks and credit where it's due and use their names so everyone knows who were responsible for you having a good time,nuff said.
Thanks bro,

Sorry you couldn’t make it, hope you’re feeling well.

Don’t let those ungrateful POS upset you too much, those guys would rather slit their own wrists than ever refer to the Ipanema GT World Championships event by its proper name; let alone acknowledge the names of those who make the greatest GT Only race possible, year after year.

Take care of yourself, I hope to see you again soon!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #8098
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
Anyone know the parts to convert a mbx6 to GT? Is it readily available?
Read that there were some conversions in a previous race
Thanks
I have a friend that makes a conversion that works great, if you're interested let me know in a pm. Good luck!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #8099
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Thank you for posting the links to the Novarossi engine. If I decided to purchase one later this year, let's hope the price doesn't increase as then it would not be a Spec-legal engine for Ipanema's Spec-class racing.

The $200 dollar and under rule has been working for the Midwest Series (from where organized GT racing started) and Ipanema races since their inception. No one that has raced in either series has had any issues or difficulties finding good quality engines that fit within their rules. In fact, at the 2010 Ipanema US GT Nats, most of us running in Spec were using the OS .21VG and the lap times weren't that far off from the Open class (less than 1.5 sec).

The main point is if you want to run in the Spec class and the rules presented are clear, abide by the rules or run in the Open class where any engine, regardless of price, is legal at Ipanema-sponsored races. Respect the rules of the organizers of the races being presented.
Juan,

Save your breath, the same group of guys start the same engine bs every year after our GT Worlds. Its like a broken record any more, lol

We'll just keep doing our thing, having fun and they'll keep crying every April, lol
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #8100
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,673
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
I have a friend that makes a conversion that works great, if you're interested let me know in a pm. Good luck!
I'm interested ........
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro Off-Road 5 03-20-2012 11:03 AM
JRX-S based 4wd buggy?? Why was the idea scrapped? cpatel529 Electric Off-Road 33 12-08-2007 06:19 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-26-2006 11:40 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 13 09-30-2006 10:31 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 03-21-2006 01:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:45 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net