R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #7741
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)

How can I make this into a rally game car GT
I have it for sale but if no one buys it might convert to an Outlaw GT my problem is how
Mugen MRX4 1/8 onroad for SALE

Does anyone make rubber wheels for this and what body will fit
thanks
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #7742
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
I have it for sale but if no one buys it might convert to an Outlaw GT my problem is how

thanks
Not possible...and not legal.

You can definitely sell it for a good price, then use the money to buy the GT and be legal, possible with some money left for option.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #7743
Tech Addict

Quote:

thanks
I have a 1/8 Mugen as well, you will need to try to fit it with 17mm hubs so that GT wheels and tires fit. Also you will need to fit a GT body on it. I don't know if the wheelbase will be long enough. If you already have it go for it, I will try one myself. But this is only for Outlaw GT it won't be legal for Open or Spec racing like Solara said. Since you already have it I would think that it is going to fairly cheap to try.
jneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #7744
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For me is not a good idea... sale the car and bay a real gt
Josio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #7745
Tech Regular

Smile outlaw

I would cast a vote for 'don't try it', sell your pan car and do the 'outlaw' with the right gear.

When i saw the early post and you asked how to mod it, my first thought was that if he's not already a 'machinist/tinker' he'll regret it.

You should be able to sell it and get a proper start for your 'outlaw' or the Cobra.

Good Luck....
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #7746
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)

It is sold
Too many things to do to convert and the front one way is not going to work for rubber tires tried it with my vrrr and it was not hooking up
Thanks guys
Now back to regular programming

What motor is good for the DM one for spec and for open
It has a .28 and is capable but don't know if it can compete
Thanks
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #7747
Tech Regular

Smile dm motor choice

Good to hear that you got the car sold.

I run Kyosho gt but have seen a few of the Ofna's in our midst. I think the most impressive was using a 3 port Nova Rossi to meet $$ limit on class and fuel mileage at close to sea level. The Ofna has that option for gearing for .21 etc. I have preffered the .28 for torque but am in process of breaking in my first .21. I've seen it said on here before to check what the locals got but our group go 'rogue' and we have anything from axial 2s (spec class alternate) to our 'open' class with extec. .24, werks b5, axial RR2, picco .27-.28, lrp .28, and the one that caused recent jaw dropping session...os .28.

For the local scene we see that the most violent production of horsepower prevails but at the big races we travel to are thinking that fuel mileage (.21-.23) factor.

Wow, just thinking about it has me thinking about a couple more tanks of nitro today!!
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #7748
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post

I run Kyosho gt but have seen a few of the Ofna's in our midst. I think the most impressive was using a 3 port Nova Rossi to meet $$ limit on class and fuel mileage at close to sea level. The Ofna has that option for gearing for .21 etc. I have preffered the .28 for torque but am in process of breaking in my first .21. I've seen it said on here before to check what the locals got but our group go 'rogue' and we have anything from axial 2s (spec class alternate) to our 'open' class with extec. .24, werks b5, axial RR2, picco .27-.28, lrp .28, and the one that caused recent jaw dropping session...os .28.

For the local scene we see that the most violent production of horsepower prevails but at the big races we travel to are thinking that fuel mileage (.21-.23) factor.

Wow, just thinking about it has me thinking about a couple more tanks of nitro today!!

Scary, try to give a go on the GO ENGINES .25 engine its a 6 port, very cheap and lots of torque and high rpm's, only bad thing is that is too thirsty for my taste ...

cya

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #7749
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post

I have had really good luck with the LRP 28.

I have had a .21 RB Rody Roem on my GT2 car too and on our track I turn a faster lap with the LRP. The .21 RB was really impressive at the end of the straight with the correct gearing on it but the torque of the .28 not only made it faster it also made it easier to drive.

The engine size is pretty much determined by the track size and how many low speed turns you have to deal with.

Lee
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #7750
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
It is sold
Too many things to do to convert and the front one way is not going to work for rubber tires tried it with my vrrr and it was not hooking up
Thanks guys
Now back to regular programming

What motor is good for the DM one for spec and for open
It has a .28 and is capable but don't know if it can compete
Thanks
Novarossi .21 FMS 21 plus 7....tons of power!! smooth powerband!! and $225
Old 01-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #7751
Tech Regular

Default New Kyosho GT2 Race Spec

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Inferno...S_p_10696.html
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #7752
Tech Regular

GT just keeps getting better and better
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #7753
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrz93 View Post
Novarossi .21 FMS 21 plus 7....tons of power!! smooth powerband!! and $225
hey jrz,

The thing about novarossi engines that turns me off is its expensive rebuild. how much is a typical rebuild price for these FMS21?

For RC TShirts and Custom Sponsor Shirts & Hoodies, Please Visit www.veytrex.com
VexVegaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #7754
Tech Adept

Default GT motor question

I plant to get the new Cobra GT as my local track will include this 1/8 class this summer. I currently have an on road .21 Novarossi 359 engine with lots of life left taken from an Evolva a few years back.

GT racers, my question to you is would this engine be ok in the Cobra GT or should I be looking at a buggy based off road engine instead?

Thanks!
modelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #7755
Tech Adept

Does ofna have plans for a new gt?
bigjez is offline   Reply With Quote