R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #7711
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,405
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Hmm Puerto Rico maybe next year !!
Why not this coming March? It is a hop, skip, and jump for you to get there.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #7712
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Guys,

On my DM1S im using for short track 16/20-44/48 stock gearing and for long open tracks i use 17/21-44/48,

There is any way to find a 18/22 clutch bell that fits ?, or 43/47 2speed box gears ?

thanks !!
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #7713
Tech Regular
 
scary_jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 473
Smile for tabushi

Have you looked at the HPI Savage clutch bell and available gears?

Nice assortment on IGT Hobbies site.
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #7714
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Guys,

On my DM1S im using for short track 16/20-44/48 stock gearing and for long open tracks i use 17/21-44/48,

There is any way to find a 18/22 clutch bell that fits ?, or 43/47 2speed box gears ?

thanks !!
Patricio,

For short tracks you should be fine with 15/19's, maybe some 16/20's and for big tracks 17/21's should also be more than enough. 18/22's would bog and make your car run very slow lap times.

Maybe some thing is binding up like your bearings or your engine is tired. Even the old IGT RTR GXR 3 port or the RTR Force engines could run on Homestead's 300' straight with some 17/21's.

Those tall gears are not the answer you're looking for, unless the track your racing on is like 500' long.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #7715
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Hmm Puerto Rico maybe next year !!
You'll have a great time, the racing competitions at our GT Worlds are always the best!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #7716
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Patricio,

For short tracks you should be fine with 15/19's, maybe some 16/20's and for big tracks 17/21's should also be more than enough. 18/22's would bog and make your car run very slow lap times.

Maybe some thing is binding up like your bearings or your engine is tired. Even the old IGT RTR GXR 3 port or the RTR Force engines could run on Homestead's 300' straight with some 17/21's.

Those tall gears are not the answer you're looking for, unless the track your racing on is like 500' long.

Mhhh i just wanted to locate those gears in order to test ... on my DM1S i usually go on 17/21, rarely i use stock 16/20 ... i feel as the engine winds up too fast and at 3/4 of the straight im about to see pisto to go off the engine case

thanks anyway, cya !
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #7717
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,623
Trader Rating: 179 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
You'll have a great time, the racing competitions at our GT Worlds are always the best!
I'm sure I will
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #7718
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Mhhh i just wanted to locate those gears in order to test ... on my DM1S i usually go on 17/21, rarely i use stock 16/20 ... i feel as the engine winds up too fast and at 3/4 of the straight im about to see pisto to go off the engine case

thanks anyway, cya !
Really Pato, where you racing at Lostallo?



Good luck finding a 1.0 module gear set in 18/22

Seriously dude, if your engine is running out of steam at only 3/4's of the way down your straight with 17/21's you really need to think about getting another engine.

How long is your track's straight?
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #7719
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Last track I tested was 100 meters straight and very open layout at sea level ...

Anyway last year in Copa del Pacifico where I won in GT my laptimes were better on 17/21 than 16/20 and total full throttle zone was only 65 meters.

Cya
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #7720
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Last track I tested was 100 meters straight and very open layout at sea level ...
Cya
A 100 meter straight?
That’s over 380 feet long of straightaway!

That sounds awesome dude, where’s it at and what track is it?
Got a website or pictures of it!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #7721
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
A 100 meter straight?
That’s over 380 feet long of straightaway!

That sounds awesome dude, where’s it at and what track is it?
Got a website or pictures of it!


Under construction in Chile, will get you pics before end of March were will be officially open. Is from my old RC Club (i switched mid 2011) which sold old land and bought new place is awesome at least in size ... the asphalt box for onroad track is 120 meters long x 50 meters wide ...

My local track is under rebuild and is 65 meters long straight, will shoot couple pics soon for you too.

In Peru, they claim for a 45 meters long straight only (147 feet), but because of the design, you are full throttle starting on the middle of the first curve and up to the 2nd curve after the straight, so basically are around 70-75 meters on full throttle 240 feet.

This is a small video i made on my cell phone, local track VERY VERY LOW GRIP (this track will be rebuilt before end of february with new asphalt cover), and this is from like 4 guys new on the GT Class (most of them received their cars 4 weeks ago) and they are learning to setup their cars. I think green and red cars are using 17/21 and straight is about 235 :

http://youtu.be/eP7bv41bFko

On bodies, there is a Mix between Alpha and Ofna, on engines they are Novarossi's, GO's, OS's and OFNA's and in Tyres you will find PMT/Ipanema/RB/Alpha ...

Edit : - I just found this small video from a guy on the big track, just showing the first shots over the track (under construction), they have already painted the layout ... when i get more info and videos will show you : http://youtu.be/PGMJFg5VwLE (back straight 98 meters = 321 feet)

cya !
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085

Last edited by Tabushi; 01-15-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #7722
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Well if thats the case Patricio, you need to find some 18/22's with 1.0 mod pitch or make them yourself or just get some engines that can turn suffencient RPM's to survive. Those might just be your only options, besides making temporary chacanes to slow the field down on your straights and that's no fun at all, lol

Good luck!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #7723
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Well if thats the case Patricio, you need to find some 18/22's with 1.0 mod pitch or make them yourself or just get some engines that can turn suffencient RPM's to survive. Those might just be your only options, besides making temporary chacanes to slow the field down on your straights and that's no fun at all, lol

Good luck!

Yup, as i stated, my Club is rebuilding track and there will be my primary track ever, only 235 feet long straight and new layout will try to imitate your track in USA "Kissimmee" ... lets see how ends ...

cya !
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #7724
Tech Regular
 
scary_jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 473
Smile big new tracks

Tabushi, thanks for the video clips.

I checked the IGT Hobbies site and they've got the 'tall gears' to stretch top speed. There are OFNA aluminum 18/22 plus others to 'experiment' with. Looks like you'll need the 'longer reach'. Wow, that's a great venture.
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #7725
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
Tabushi, thanks for the video clips.

I checked the IGT Hobbies site and they've got the 'tall gears' to stretch top speed. There are OFNA aluminum 18/22 plus others to 'experiment' with. Looks like you'll need the 'longer reach'. Wow, that's a great venture.


Will try and see, i just received an email from national ofna importer and he will get this new ratios to test, and will see
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro Off-Road 5 03-20-2012 11:03 AM
JRX-S based 4wd buggy?? Why was the idea scrapped? cpatel529 Electric Off-Road 33 12-08-2007 06:19 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-26-2006 11:40 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 13 09-30-2006 10:31 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 03-21-2006 01:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:43 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net