R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-22-2011, 11:29 PM   #7636
Tech Elite

Everyone that reads this thread must be able to see by now, that there are basically two distinct GT racer groups at odds with each other here in North America.

One GT group that has been working hard for many years trying to grow GT racing in an inclusive, fair, understanding and in a more positive direction. While the other group has continually portrayed themselves as irrational and wanting nothing more than to destroy everything the originators of the GT class has worked to build since 2007.

Now that this latest round of “liar liar pants on fire” has been played out and the false statements have been clearly debunked, maybe now we can get back to talking about cool GT cars, set-up help, upgrade options and all the fun GT racing events on the horizon for 2012.

Take care guys, look forward to seeing you at the races!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #7637
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire121 View Post
So guys how's the weather?! Lol
Were I am at now, it is freezing. I am in Des Moines, IA with my mom (from Mississippi that I went and picked up) visiting my uncle and it is currently 20F degrees. It is not snowing here and no snow on the ground which is freaking the locals out!! They usually have about a half to a foot of snow on the ground now with more coming.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #7638
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Were I am at now, it is freezing. I am in Des Moines, IA with my mom (from Mississippi that I went and picked up) visiting my uncle and it is currently 20F degrees. It is not snowing here and no snow on the ground which is freaking the locals out!! They usually have about a half to a foot of snow on the ground now with more coming.
Wow!

Just two weeks ago you were wearing shorts and racing your GT in paradise.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #7639
Tech Apprentice

Unhappy

Quote:
Same here weather wise, to bad it just isn't warm enough to break in a new motor!!
Thank you to my Sponsors;
HB/HPI Racing, RC Concept, Hobby Revolution, N.E.R.D., RCRF, Paint Monster
Livewire121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:48 AM   #7640
Tech Elite

So.... Does anybody out there have one of these Rally Game cars?

Wanna race it?
Old 12-23-2011, 02:36 AM   #7641
Tech Master

Quote:
Come on down to Miami for the Novarossi Challenge. Oh by the way, it was 82 degrees yesterday and more is in store for the rest of the week!
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #7642
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug M View Post
Come on down to Miami for the Novarossi Challenge. Oh by the way, it was 82 degrees yesterday and more is in store for the rest of the week!
Man, 82 degrees, that is South Beach chilling out temps there!!! I would have to look into trying to make it Doug. Can't make any promises or guarantees, but let me see what I (and my budget) can do.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #7643
Tech Elite

To all those in the GT racing community, have a safe and happy Christmas and hope that you get all that you wish for in your Christmas stocking!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #7644
Tech Regular

Jspeed: thanks for posting the photos...i had to do a 'double take' when i saw 'spooky's' colors, and my good friends that include that 'big guy' in the back row.

Be careful using Nixon's name, he said 'we' weren't in Cambodia.....i was.

Last time i was in PR i was dropped on Vieques. (82d Abn)

Seasons Greetings to all

Hoping we all get some GT stuff for Christmas.....but in jest, i'm trying to find just the right
'anthracite trophy' for Jspeed....
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #7645
Tech Apprentice

hello guys,

Jeff you will be selling that car or you just customize that one for you?

Looking foward to be at the novarossi challenge
1/8 Kyosho GT #16
jlopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #7646
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
Jspeed: thanks for posting the photos...i had to do a 'double take' when i saw 'spooky's' colors, and my good friends that include that 'big guy' in the back row.

Be careful using Nixon's name, he said 'we' weren't in Cambodia.....i was.

Last time i was in PR i was dropped on Vieques. (82d Abn)

Seasons Greetings to all

Hoping we all get some GT stuff for Christmas.....but in jest, i'm trying to find just the right
'anthracite trophy' for Jspeed....
Jerry,
Heard about that stuff from my uncle “De oppresso liber", was an “E8”. Dropping on Vieques musta been cool. Thanks for your service.

There’s a lot more pics of the GT WC events here: www.gtworldchampionships.com
Old 12-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #7647
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlopez View Post
hello guys,

Jeff you will be selling that car or you just customize that one for you?

Looking foward to be at the novarossi challenge
No plans to sell, just want to have fun in the new "GT Outlaw" racing class with it.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #7648
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
First of all, don't flatter yourself. You come on here after weeks of nothing to take a personal swipe at me. Wow!!!

Now to address the rules thing; the rules I put together were for spec and open, not just spec. However, the SWCS only posted the spec rules in their first newsletter even though they were supplied with rules for the open class as well. The first SWCS race of 2009, we raced open and spec under the rules I put together from the Midwest series/RC Pro/Ipanema ones that were already established. We did not have enough to run them separate so we ran the class LeMans style with open and spec running together but scored them separate. We had fun running the class but lost racers due to the bad economy at the time (some of those guys are still out of work). We did not race the class in 2010 because turnout was low (as it was for all the classes that year).

Then, here come you guys for 2011. At first, I got texted like crazy from some of you about the rules and the class and thought things were cool. Then, once it was known that I ran a product from a competitor that you guys did not like, then the atmosphere turned to an "us versus them". Most of your group were never really all that friendly towards me from jump street (with a couple of exceptions). You kept to yourselves at most of the races, even pitting well away from the rest of the group at the Biggie. Even the picture of the GT class that was taken at the Biggie, you guys did not even extend an invitation for me to be in it but were glad to have an outsider, Paul Roberts, be in it representing Texas GT racing.

Now, where can I find a copy of your established rules for the Open class for Texas GT racing again? I can't find them on the SWCS website or the Third Coast Racing website. I haven't seen an ironclad list of your open class rules anywhere, but I can produce a copy of mine.

It is great that you think enough of me to come on here after weeks of non-posting and rehash this personal vendetta. The only conspiracy going on is the one in your mind. I have been about GT and GT racing since 2007 helping to get the class off the ground in Mississippi and Texas and helping other racers when and where I could while you guys in Austin were racing 18Rs to 200mm nitros. Why don't you help to squash the personal attacks, anemosity, and infighting and help to promote the class in a more positive manner?

Personally, if you don't like me, that is a personal issue you have to deal with. Try to keep it off the forums but if you need, go to the Proboards, print off that picture of me I posted while at the track in PR being silly, post it on a wall, and throw darts at it if it will make you feel better. You read way more into that quote from that post I made than what was actually said. There is no Watergate going on here, Richard Nixon.

This whole thing is not about you, your "sponsoring the class" in the SWCS, your online business, or me. This should be about promoting GT and GT racing in a very positive way. Somehow, this always seem to get lost in these online spats.

Bill, you should be concentrating more on working and promoting your 5th scale project; not worrying about what some hobby racer in Dallas has to say about GT racing (and not about you). I figured that your new 5th scale track would be more important than taking time out to show everyone your personal dislike toward a fellow racer on the world wide web. However, since you don't really know me (just of me), let me tell you this: if I have something to say to you, I will say it directly to you whether personally, by text or by email/PM, not make innuendos on some internet forum. We all race with folks we like and those we don't like. I have learned over the years to have fun with the ones I like and deal with the ones I don't like (or don't like me) when the time comes.

Now, for the rest of the thread public, it is sad that time had to be wasted by Wild Bill's post and mine. I should not have to keep coming on here wasting time defending myself against folks that apparently have an ax to grind. Now that we have both posted what we posted, can we please get back to promoting GT racing in a more positive manner or are we about to go through another 10 pages of back and forth bickering. It is this kind of stuff that turn people off from GT racing, not attract them to it Bill.
whatever, everyone that reads these threads knows the truth, 1200 igthobbies.com customers shows the proof. Deleting this thread from my favorites, I apologize to the rest of you.

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey
WildBillMassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #7649
Tech Elite

Whats new GT people?

Figured some of you might also enjoy monster trucks too
Check out these big bad belted slicks!

Monsters hook up!
Will be available Mid-January in 40, 45 and 50 shores.

Take care & thanks again!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #7650
Tech Elite

Here's another picture to give you an actual idea of how big the Monsters really are. Thanks again guys!
Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-new-ipanema-monster-vs-gt-slicks-igt2.jpg