R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #7366
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

you know if you look at bassman2 history on here at the races he won in open class he did excellent against many of caliber racers that have strong engines as well..but setting up the car is a must so where you can become more consistant with laps
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #7367
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I'm loving my OS .28XZ in my D8 GT. This engine pulls through the entire power band and you can feel the mid range power. Not like most big blocks that feel like they are either on or off. Will be at our Region 9 Roar race this weekend hope to do well.
tonylunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #7368
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblaze View Post
you know if you look at bassman2 history on here at the races he won in open class he did excellent against many of caliber racers that have strong engines as well..but setting up the car is a must so where you can become more consistant with laps
I agree, Bassman is one hell of a driver and setup man. I have raced against him a hand full of times and the only time he didnt win was cause his car didnt hold up. I had this problem 2 weeks ago at the Xray challenge in Porter. If you plan on dropping a big HP engine make sure you bullet proof the drive train, I bent 2 CVDS into U shaped bars and in the main the center drive pin fell out or broke out. Either way it cost me the weekend.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #7369
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
My statement you quoted was made in reference to what wildbill had previously written.

Any “Mod” engines would obviously not apply exactly to that response made to him, but your post might also shed light on similar points regarding open class GT racing and events.

Given your experience as an engine Modder, with all things being equal: the same driver using the same car and related equipment, wouldn’t the driver be potentially faster around the same track with your Mod version of the OS25 over the standard version?

Have heard a lot of good stuff about your mod work too.

Well in racing there are soo many factors involved it is hard to say for sure LOL ! I do know without any doubt the modified OS 25 will substantially outperform the stock OS 25....it will have similar bottom but more midrange and a pile more top end....It will pull thru the RPM smoother with a much more linear feel.... I do slug the crank with Tungsten, so the engine does have some tricks...and with the bigger displacement it just makes more power..... And above the OS25 is my modified Nova 28-7, it is really wild and powerful with a very good peak RPM...
Old 10-25-2011, 02:47 AM   #7370
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Sounds real good Doug, would be great to race GT cars there again, keep us informed!
Hi Jeff, we hope you can come back and race with us again!
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:43 AM   #7371
Tech Elite

Thanks Doug, the invitation is greatly appreciated.

Planning on attending the Caribbean Cup/GT WC Warm-Up event December in Puerto Rico, then returning there again for the 2012 GT WC in March.

The Novarossi Challenge in January at Homestead could be a cool event to attend as well. Was looking at the track on my last visit a few weeks ago and the new asphalt surface & layout looked great.

You guys did an outstanding job on the track, it must be a lot more fun to race on than ever before!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:51 AM   #7372
Tech Master

Hi, here's Alpha R2 body from Max Velocity on my italian rally game (BMT)

I tried to create Audi TT look for rally, what do you think?
(I didn't have an air brush, used some old cans that I had left in my shop)

Still requires some trimming as you can see plus the air vent holes for cooling & refueling

edit: with GT slicks

Last edited by MikaR; 10-25-2011 at 07:45 AM.
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:34 AM   #7373
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Well in racing there are soo many factors involved it is hard to say for sure LOL ! I do know without any doubt the modified OS 25 will substantially outperform the stock OS 25....it will have similar bottom but more midrange and a pile more top end....It will pull thru the RPM smoother with a much more linear feel.... I do slug the crank with Tungsten, so the engine does have some tricks...and with the bigger displacement it just makes more power..... And above the OS25 is my modified Nova 28-7, it is really wild and powerful with a very good peak RPM...
HOT DANM !!!, Sell them engines Neal.

Honestly guys, Neal's engines do kick ars in the GT cars.
Out of all the engines he has modded for me. The Clocked
RB C6 ballistic in my DM1's. Another engine, that will suprise
many, is the Clocked JL.21. This low-buck engine is a
screamer and has been problem free for many gallons of fuel.
I'm hoping to add a Clocked RB Fire11 and the Clocked Nova 28-7
to my arsenal soon.
The RB 928 will be sent out to you soon Neal.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:22 AM   #7374
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageworks View Post
HOT DANM !!!, Sell them engines Neal.

Honestly guys, Neal's engines do kick ars in the GT cars.
Out of all the engines he has modded for me. The Clocked
RB C6 ballistic in my DM1's. Another engine, that will suprise
many, is the Clocked JL.21. This low-buck engine is a
screamer and has been problem free for many gallons of fuel.
I'm hoping to add a Clocked RB Fire11 and the Clocked Nova 28-7
to my arsenal soon.
The RB 928 will be sent out to you soon Neal.
I am dying for you to try the Nova 28-7 ....it is a very exciting engine...
Old 10-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #7375
Tech Master

[QUOTE=MikaR;9825983]Hi, here's Alpha R2 body from Max Velocity on my italian rally game (BMT)

I tried to create Audi TT look for rally, what do you think?

Nice looking car! I like the Audi body lines always so smooth.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #7376
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rcorniel Send a message via Skype™ to rcorniel
Default international race, Santiago Dominican Republic

Saludos Muchachos ya a tan solo 53 dias de nuestra gran carrera internacional hemos colocado un link en portada de nuestra pagina http://www.acicarc.com donde podran hacer su pre-incripcion para nuestro gran evento donde van a seleccionar las categorias su numero de transponder entre otras cosas es importante que se pre-incriban ya que asi sabemos como debemos irnos preparando con todo gracias a todos y esperamos verlos aqui en 17 y 18 de dic.

cualquier pregunta me pueden escribir por aqui o a ramoncorniel@acicarc.com

Greetings Boys and just 53 days of our great international race we have placed a link on the home page of our website http://www.acicarc.com where they can make your pre-inscription for our big event where they will select their categories number of transponder among other things, this important event so we will have a better organized.

thank you all and hope to see you here in 17 and December 18.

any questions please write to me ramoncorniel@acicarc.com
Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-internacionalfinal.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-dibujo.jpg  

www.acicarc.com
rcorniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #7377
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
MY mod OS 25 will make a bitch out of any onroad engine in a GT car !.....the weight of the GT car is substantially higher then what the onroad engines were designed to deal with...
Hello gents I must say that the Mod OS 25 is a beast of a motor, but I beg to differ with above statement. I have been running against a Mod OS 25 from clockworks for about a month or so and that motor has yet to beat me. It has heeps of torque I mean ridiculous torque but my mod Onroad 21 from Uriah is scary fast. The OS has me covered out of the corner exits but mid range and top end there is no comparison. Simply put I pull away. Mind you the OS is great and Neal did a great job (no disrespect to Neal) But the Onraod 21 is just simply more drivable and smooth. It allows me to put the power to the wheels. I feel as long as your car is tuned for race conditions (weight reduction, suspension etc....) you will be fine. That motor is good for drag not circuit racing!

Just my prior experiences racing against it.
outlaw777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #7378
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw777 View Post
Hello gents I must say that the Mod OS 25 is a beast of a motor, but I beg to differ with above statement. I have been running against a Mod OS 25 from clockworks for about a month or so and that motor has yet to beat me. It has heeps of torque I mean ridiculous torque but my mod Onroad 21 from Uriah is scary fast. The OS has me covered out of the corner exits but mid range and top end there is no comparison. Simply put I pull away. Mind you the OS is great and Neal did a great job (no disrespect to Neal) But the Onraod 21 is just simply more drivable and smooth. It allows me to put the power to the wheels. I feel as long as your car is tuned for race conditions (weight reduction, suspension etc....) you will be fine. That motor is good for drag not circuit racing!

Just my prior experiences racing against it.
I am sorry, but I dont think a .21 is not going to pass the mod .25 in anything short of a 400' top speed run.... providing of course the 25 is properly tuned and setup and obviously hooked up enough to apply the power.....That 25 can nail just shy of 70 MPH from a standing start in 300' in a bone stock DM- spec..no weight reduction or gearing changes........Now of course that is with me doing the tuning and setup.... I unfortunately can't speak for every one of my mod .25's as I have no clue how they have been geared and tuned....... But give me the needles and not .21 is catching the 25 in anything less then a all out top speed run over a much greater distance then you should be seeing on any track....... Now of course the lighter the vehicle becomes the more the .21 will shine...But you would have to shed a pile of weight from a DM-1 to get it to the point where I feel even the wildest .21 would match that .25 in anything short of a big distance top speed run.......

PS...no insult taken at all ! everything is possible and I have no idea who's engine you seen or how well it was setup and tuned....if its my friend from Nassau then I can understand, as he is still learning how to tune that beast and has yet to really dial her in for the kill....
Old 10-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #7379
Tech Rookie

No i don't know who you are talking about. But the guy who I am talking about has been racing r/c's cars for a while. Am from Houston! Oh by the way I do over 70 on the back stretch of my track. Trust Uriah motors are scary fast, I won't talk about the fuel consumption. Circuit racing is more than just power, so he has a rough ride in store for him. lol. But it is all in the name of fun.
outlaw777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #7380
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw777 View Post
No i don't know who you are talking about. But the guy who I am talking about has been racing r/c's cars for a while. Am from Houston!
Are you sure it is one of mine ? I honestly don't recall selling one to anyone in Houston running GT cars... But I obviously can't remember everyone...