R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #7261
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

It's been a while since I sold my GT car and I figured I stop in to check out what's going on here AND IT'S STILL THE SAME BS!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #7262
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

JLock: I advise you to go and take a long look in the mirror and stand there until you recognise the hypocrite that you have become.

you stand by a racist bigot who constantly attacks people on this forum and other forums. So stop preaching to the rest of us, because we have written him off, placed him on ignore, are boycotting his products, yet you keep defending him and pointing fingers at the rest of us, calling us the problem.

Wake up man, you are a major part of the problem yourself.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #7263
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

What parts would I need to mount a body like the Kyosho Inferno Sabuaru body on a Losi 8ight buggy?

I already have the onroad tires, also, would Proline Badlands tires fit?
lagcisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #7264
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok....back to the GT thread for some advise. Just focusing on clutch setups, which would cause more stress on an engine an aggressive setup w/ stiff springs and aluminum shoes or a cush setup w/ soft springs and composite shoes. Thanks in advance!
RC Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:27 AM   #7265
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagcisco View Post
What parts would I need to mount a body like the Kyosho Inferno Sabuaru body on a Losi 8ight buggy?

If you have a Losi8 to convert to GT car, Losi has basically done it already.

All the parts for a conversion should be available from Losi dealers, check here for the parts list.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default...rodID=LOSA0809

Good luck!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #7266
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagcisco View Post

Try downloading the losi L8 manual and find the fr bumper and fr and rr body mounts. You may also need the shock towers fr and rr and short shocks for the rr! Hopefully someone else can chime in that has done this conversion! An article from tony p. a couple issues back in RC driver mag addresses this type of gt8 conversion electric version though. It may help regardless.
RC Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:00 AM   #7267
Tech Elite

+1

Depending on your track size you might be able to keep the single speed set-up using any of the European "Rally Game" nitro engines. If you're going electric you'll be good with the diff too.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:12 AM   #7268
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Passion View Post
Ok....back to the GT thread for some advise. Just focusing on clutch setups, which would cause more stress on an engine an aggressive setup w/ stiff springs and aluminum shoes or a cush setup w/ soft springs and composite shoes. Thanks in advance!
A clutch set-up with a very high "stall speed" can affect the drivetrain more than anything because of the shock when it grabs hard. It would make the car real quick out of the hole, no doubt, but at the same time can lower fuel run times.

You should also be aware that a clutch set to "kill" might be a handful depending on the engine's power output, track surface condition and the available traction level of the track or your tires.

Most times its best to start somewhere in the middle, something like a 1.0 spring, you can always go up to a 1.1 or down from there to a .95 to better dial the power in.

Some swear by aluminum shoes and some by carbons. Aluminum grabs hard which might be real good in a qualifier, but might not be best for a long main. A lot of the guys seem to run a mix of aluminum & carbon shoes to reach a middle ground. A full carbon shoe set-up is very smooth and sometimes easier to control, but they do wear out a little faster. Every thing is a trade off or balancing act.

When running very long mains you might want to run all carbon shoes if you're worried about blowing clutch bell bearings because of the heat aluminum shoes can generate. Just my experence, hope it helps.

.... and I didn't even attack those haters that deserve to be smashed to bits, lol, whats the world coming to? lol

Later!

Last edited by Jspeed; 10-01-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:28 AM   #7269
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
JLock: I advise you to go and take a long look in the mirror and stand there until you recognise the hypocrite that you have become.

you stand by a racist bigot who constantly attacks people on this forum and other forums. So stop preaching to the rest of us, because we have written him off, placed him on ignore, are boycotting his products, yet you keep defending him and pointing fingers at the rest of us, calling us the problem.

Wake up man, you are a major part of the problem yourself.
You are part of the problem, too. Everytime you post something, it is always something negative about something or someone. I don't know you and don't wish to know you. You are as big of a hypocrite as the next. You haven't posted much on the GT thread in months and what is the first thing you do, direct a negative post at me. What are you bringing to the GT table my friend: nothing!!!! How about keeping the thread focused on GT and GT racing, not personal attacks. Like I posted earlier, if you have nothing positive to post about GT, the rest of us really don't want to hear it anymore. The negativity has gotten old, really. Find some other medium to use as a bully pulpit towards those you don't like. Leave this thread for those of us that would like to positively discuss things concerning our GT cars and GT races.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:10 AM   #7270
Tech Adept

What other fourm are there for gt racers.
bigjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #7271
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjez View Post
What other fourm are there for gt racers.
http://infernogt.proboards.com/index.cgi

this is a good board for Kyosho Gt car owners.

Lee
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #7272
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

what ever happen to serpent making gt based road car?
pat dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #7273
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat dillon View Post
what ever happen to serpent making gt based road car?
The Cobra GT is apparently on hold right now. The basic car is done and last I heard, they were making some minor tweaks to it. You might want to shoot an inquiry e-mail to Serpent to see what their response is about the car and its possible release.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:14 AM   #7274
Tech Champion

Think I need to try lower gearing in my DM-1 for more acceleration. My question is, the DM-1 clutch bell is very expensive - and not available at Tower or Amain..(where I get discounts.., and can order other stuff for my other RC's..), whereas the SG's are cheap and more widely available. Could I just go up +1 on the SG's, or would the difference not be enough? Stock, the DM-1 has 16-20 on the CB, and 44-48 SG's.. With this gearing you need a long-axx way to hit top-speed.

So, should I go up on the SG's, or down to say 15-19 on the CB?
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #7275
Tech Master

Hi folks, for any rally fan out there gotta advertise these TT rally tires on Venom O.Z. like wheels, look great don't they?!! And the insert feels good, too

First some comparison of these, the TT rally is "just right" for any tarmac mixed gravel type running, I feel proline being a bit too large in dia:

Proline Road Rage bottom
TT rally tire middle
Ipanema GT wide on top

I haven't glued them just yet