GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Randy, I don't know anything except you were always looking for an excuse to not race with us in IGT Spec.

You came out with some junk ebay concave slicks crashed all over the track and sold your fine IGT car & replaced it with who knows what Dr Frankenstein creation or pile you've got now and you still never raced with us; even when Ronnie threw everyone together on the track.

Had enough yet rat boy?
Old 05-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
So you're showing your true colors in front of everyone.
you know what jspeed you get into it with alot of people on here so i will let this go and see when i see you
Old 05-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RANDY SMOOTH
you know what jspeed you get into it with alot of people on here so i will let this go and see when i see you
Cool, we don't need to add anymore of your negativity to this forward thinking thread intended to grow the class.

Have a great day
Old 05-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Don't throw stones Jeff you did this to yourself with the name dropping all the time,And as for as Forgass I've been around along time and I know your history you didn't forget the straw that did you in around the state until Ronnie open one maybe two doors for you, the same guys are still racing here they haven't had a memory loss,If I were you I would keep a low profile and let it go could get ugly.People should recon before they pick a side Rambo just a hint to the wise. PS nobody hate the class just dictator
Old 05-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kmichael
Don't throw stones Jeff you did this to yourself with the name dropping all the time,And as for as Forgass I've been around along time and I know your history you didn't forget the straw that did you in around the state until Ronnie open one maybe two doors for you, the same guys are still racing here they haven't had a memory loss,If I were you I would keep a low profile and let it go could get ugly.People should recon before they pick a side Rambo just a hint to the wise. PS nobody hate the class just dictator
Dictator?

Mike, you're a trip

You built an "Open Class" car out of your RTR.

Go on and build your "Open" class, what's so hard about that?

If you raced at Leisure Hours or with The Bass Pro Series, your centax LRP powered car wouldn't be allowed to race with them too.

Dude, do you uinderstand that?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
Have you guys seen this yet? GT2

-longer chassis (maybe from ST US)
-sg shaft engine with engine mounts and smaller dia flywheel
-clutch bell with bearings
-double disks on the brake
-150ml fuel tank (from ST-R)
-very cool new Audi DTM body!!!

Wow! That's cool!
Old 05-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

What did I miss, "MikaR" is the one that made the post about the GT2

What is going on here??? The IGT class is designed to get people into R/C, not to take a car out of the box and mod it to a point that the price tag is not acceptable to the newbies.... I thought this class was for a newbies or club racing....

As the guy that is running the Bass Pro Series, in Lovely Jackson, MS... You can be assured that we will stay with a spec class.... It is all about getting newbie into R/C racing for around 400.00... That is purpose of the class...

Man... Take you issues to the sand box....
Old 05-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

I have to back Bvoltz and Jspeed here because I am one that races the IGT car at his Bass Pro race. I have had more fun racing the car out of the box than any car that I have put together and raced, both on and off road. I like the fact that you don't have to spend $500+ for an engine and another $300 in hop-up to try to keep up with the competition. The way the class is structured now, it is not about who has the deepest pockets, it is about who has the better driving ability. Anybody can out HP the next guy, but can you outdrive your opponent? That is one of the many things that the IGT class is about.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

I'm for a spec class but if a part of the package has problems you should be able to have a choice of that works and not keep repairing it and as kyosho is showing us now there were weak parts thats all it a good car but every kit improves after it hits the market that makes people stay,not to open another can but are you using the kit raido & servo's you know that M11,KO Propo and 3PKs with servo's is one big advantage over a newbe
Old 05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kmichael
using the kit raido & servo's you know that M11,KO Propo and 3PKs with servo's is one big advantage over a newbe
And no I'm not picking at you... Really...

I have not seen a newbie (me included when I started for the first 6 months), could take advantage of the high end radio equipment... But when they are ready for it, it is open to take that step... and grow into more advance R/C racing... For me it is which is first, the cart or the horse???
Old 05-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Personally... I think that you should have two GT classes, and I'm sure if it continues to grow like it has been, we will see this in a year or two...

IGT Stock --- Starter class...

IGT Pro Stock.... you have to quailify to make it in to this class....

This will keep the newbies together and the pros together... But hey this just my view....
Old 05-13-2008, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Waz up Big Jeff, how's the racing up in Georgia?
Been having a blast !
Looks like i will be heading to the Great Lakes Challenge to run the 1/10
Touring and maby the IGT (Exb) only!
Havent figured it all out yet !
Its my birthday race so i got to go.
later
Jeff E.

Blowin Smoke BBQ
Old 05-13-2008, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Default Good point

Bvoltz,now thats a good point and should work well:cool
Old 05-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bvoltz
What did I miss, "MikaR" is the one that made the post about the GT2

What is going on here??? The IGT class is designed to get people into R/C, not to take a car out of the box and mod it to a point that the price tag is not acceptable to the newbies.... I thought this class was for a newbies or club racing....

As the guy that is running the Bass Pro Series, in Lovely Jackson, MS... You can be assured that we will stay with a spec class.... It is all about getting newbie into R/C racing for around 400.00... That is purpose of the class...

Man... Take you issues to the sand box....
Originally Posted by JLock
I have to back Bvoltz and Jspeed here because I am one that races the IGT car at his Bass Pro race. I have had more fun racing the car out of the box than any car that I have put together and raced, both on and off road. I like the fact that you don't have to spend $500+ for an engine and another $300 in hop-up to try to keep up with the competition. The way the class is structured now, it is not about who has the deepest pockets, it is about who has the better driving ability. Anybody can out HP the next guy, but can you outdrive your opponent? That is one of the many things that the IGT class is about.
And no I'm not picking at you... Really...

I have not seen a newbie (me included when I started for the first 6 months), could take advantage of the high end radio equipment... But when they are ready for it, it is open to take that step... and grow into more advance R/C racing... For me it is which is first, the cart or the horse???
Personally... I think that you should have two GT classes, and I'm sure if it continues to grow like it has been, we will see this in a year or two...

IGT Stock --- Starter class...

IGT Pro Stock.... you have to quailify to make it in to this class....

This will keep the newbies together and the pros together... But hey this just my view....
thats what Im talking about....yeah could not putit better myself...a++++
for those comments...
Old 05-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

I don't know why we need 2 classes. I have been around this hobby since 79 and through most of that we had stock and modified. If newbies showed up they would qualify in A,B C ect main and race there. Qualifiers were set up by experience. No bump ups. This kept the level of drivers together. If a newbe was good he had a chance to prove it. If he qualified in the C it gave him a goal to improve upward. I believe this class is a great idea and should be kept as is. It is affordable and I have had some great racing expieriences with it. The Kissimmee qualfiers is proof of that. The racing was great with the first 3 within 1 second of each other.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.