R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #6886
Tech Initiate

Default shoe type transmission for gt1

i just purchased the shoe type 2-speed and did not realize that i need a shorter front drive shaft. i was wondering if anyone else had done this and if so what did they do to solve this problem.
thanks
infernogt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #6887
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
I had a great time! Perfect weather all weekend, lots of track time, great people to race with... what else can you ask for? You gotta make it next year!
I will be penciling it in on my calendar for next year. As long as the job doesn't interfere and nothing else happens, I am planning on being there.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #6888
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

great pics!

too bad that tire blowout ended my run that day. A pretty close race to the wire was shaping up there

great weekend of racing action for sure!

Eric Schutt
MRX4-X F180 Cobra Zipper Kart Yokomo BD Cup Racer FM1e Recoil M18 Pro Scalpel dNaNo Baja 5b SS 5T HB D8 Vorza ERevo Savage Flux SCX10 GT2 T4 Slash Ten SCTE Blitz ESE HB Cyclone D4 Mini ERevo Vendetta ST Mini T Micro T
TC_Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 PM   #6889
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernogt1 View Post
i just purchased the shoe type 2-speed and did not realize that i need a shorter front drive shaft. i was wondering if anyone else had done this and if so what did they do to solve this problem.
thanks
I use the universals on mine. This one fits the front.

http://www.igthobbies.com/KYOSHO-KYO...EED_p_328.html

Make sure (if you havent already) that you completely disassemble and reasseble with locktite all the parts of that trans. I just dropped mine in right from the package. Big mistake, rookie mistake.
RussF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #6890
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Tuner View Post
great pics!

too bad that tire blowout ended my run that day. A pretty close race to the wire was shaping up there

great weekend of racing action for sure!

Eric Schutt
Yeap! Very unfortunate. You had a great race sure gave Mike a run for his money lol

This is another reason why I stick to what I know. I ran easily over 4hrs of use on my Ipanemas 45 and I just love the fact that I don't have to worry about them blowing up and ruining my day.
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #6891
Tech Rookie

I am New Here,My name is Jesse and this is my first entry here. Since I am new to forum community and I feel I am in midst of my own learning curve. I feel sometimes, that I have to learn a lot, hope you guys have patient on me.Thank you for sharing the post.
jiadongpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #6892
Tech Fanatic

Welcome to GT . I'm sure you'll get all the help you need here.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #6893
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiadongpeng View Post
I am New Here,My name is Jesse and this is my first entry here. Since I am new to forum community and I feel I am in midst of my own learning curve. I feel sometimes, that I have to learn a lot, hope you guys have patient on me.Thank you for sharing the post.
Hi spam bot.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #6894
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipnet View Post
Hi spam bot.

Yeap, smell the spam. These guys never stop inventing new ways to get free advertizing! Amazing-nuisance. If I'm wrong,... I apologize.
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #6895
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
...I just love the fact that I don't have to worry about them blowing up and ruining my day.
Careful, there were two other catastrophic tire failures during the GT A main. One was an Impanema, not certain what brand the other was. Pretty crazy...I've never seen that happen before, and then three in one race!
MRX4-X F180 Cobra Zipper Kart Yokomo BD Cup Racer FM1e Recoil M18 Pro Scalpel dNaNo Baja 5b SS 5T HB D8 Vorza ERevo Savage Flux SCX10 GT2 T4 Slash Ten SCTE Blitz ESE HB Cyclone D4 Mini ERevo Vendetta ST Mini T Micro T
Old 07-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #6896
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Tuner View Post
Careful, there were two other catastrophic tire failures during the GT A main. One was an Impanema, not certain what brand the other was. Pretty crazy...I've never seen that happen before, and then three in one race!

Hi guys,

Not looking for a new war of brands, but would be great to know the tire brand that got failure on that race.

Why ?, simply, at least the tire brand i race, usually in Brazil is always testing tires, compounds, etc (even benchmarking puting on test competitor's tires and wheels) in order to always be improving the products they release.

So, i think is very valuable information to see wich brands of tires blowed up, and under wich conditions. I've already race tested almost every tire brand in the market for GT, and even when i do have my preference, there is no tire out there that is "bad" by itself, and to be honest, track conditions, driving style, chassis setup, weather and compound selection are all parameters that can lead to a blown up tire and not necesarily quality of the brand.

Cya guys !, keep burning nitro on GT cars !! ... amazing class and still dont understand why is not growing more and more !!

cya !

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #6897
Tech Master

I can totally speak to my tire failure, but as I already stated, I wasn't alone on this one. Two other people and at least one other brand had this happen during the same race.

Also, to be clear, I've been running several brands of tires since the GT scene started. One of my early favorites was the Kyosho V Slick. Awesome performance and low wear.

The fact they come unassembled is a double edge sword. This allows me to choose my insert, but it also has me gluing them up...which can be hard with these given some of the inserts I've experimented with.

I still have several year old V Slick tires that I use. In fact, this past weekend, I cracked a rim on a newly glued set, and I ended up using a 40 VSlick that's at least three years old. I used it for two 10 minute heats plus the 45 minute main, and it performed and held up fine.

This Kyosho V slick tire failed because of my poor glue job. It did not come unglued from the rim like I originally thought, rather the insert was slightly tweaked, causing uneven wear on the tire. The tire wore thru until failure.

Last edited by TC_Tuner; 07-01-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #6898
Tech Elite

Pato,

I’m with you bro, no need for usual 7 page “brand wars” are needed here again.

Maybe a lot more positive things would be realized if the guys that actually raced in the 45 minute Byron’s A Main, would chime in on their race experience.

An equipment list (not just tires) but of all the items they ran and why they selected those items would help new GT racers a whole lot more.

Have a great July 4th weekend fellas!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #6899
Tech Adept

I'll start,
Kyosho gt1, 7.5 chassis, it's what I've ran since I started
Werks B5 engine, 2013 pipe, I run in the Midwest Series races, $200 or less
Ipanema Warrior body and tires 45, they work great
Savox servos, work good and have a good price & guarantee
Byron Fuel 25% pro
rcmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #6900
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmikel View Post
I'll start,
Kyosho gt1, 7.5 chassis, it's what I've ran since I started
Werks B5 engine, 2013 pipe, I run in the Midwest Series races, $200 or less
Ipanema Warrior body and tires 45, they work great
Savox servos, work good and have a good price & guarantee
Byron Fuel 25% pro
Mike as I said earlier, your car was dialed. Also nice to meet you! I'll be back next year With Out the 8-9min Gremlins........ Oh Well, still had a ton of fun.

I know pretty much what Bill and Rick ran, but will let them post the info.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote