Mark the Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #6767
Tech Master

Cheers buddy
Old 06-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #6768
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Indeed. I did a short test drive, it really felt more agile. Much better! Also didn't notice any negative in the turning radius or anything like that. It's a keeper ;D

I gonna post one more video soon. Hope it's ok.

e: Here..

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Hey buddy! like the project!!!
just trying to offer some help...to get more take off you can try to lean out the low end needle a little, because as you rev the motor the idle rises and lowers afterwards, to me that's a "fat" bottom end which is also the reason for your lack of pop at take off!

I hope this helps.
-- KITCHEN will return --
Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #6769
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Indeed. I did a short test drive, it really felt more agile. Much better! Also didn't notice any negative in the turning radius or anything like that. It's a keeper ;D

When you will do a track test against other cars ? ... i would like to have your opinion on the single-speed experience ... i know that on launch will be a rocket, but i need your vision on high end speed ...

thanks man and congrats, looks like a very nice job on your car !

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #6770
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen View Post
Hey buddy! like the project!!!
just trying to offer some help...to get more take off you can try to lean out the low end needle a little, because as you rev the motor the idle rises and lowers afterwards, to me that's a "fat" bottom end which is also the reason for your lack of pop at take off!

I hope this helps.
thank you, Sir

slightly yes, it's still a cold engine, when go to the track it will warm up.
don't want to lean it out too much on the pits.

plus it is an RTR motor, not anything like my Sirio, it's beast and sounds totally different. I can post video on that too (but it's not buggy based )
with these cheaper motors one has to be careful not to overheat, otherwise it will result as a burnt plug (and they ARE expensive being turbo type)
I've been tuning like 10 years now ;D not that I'm perfect but I do feel I can tune...

also remember it's a centax, it doesn't work exactly like the buggy one.

here, the motor has to be rev'ved a few time on/off the track then it really starts to kick in (warm up). And then it works so much better than a buggy clutch, really good for onroad racing.

Have centax on both of my cars, the "race" BMT and this rally for pure fun. Well of course the BMT race car is for fun, too, but differently fun ;-)
Old 06-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #6771
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
When you will do a track test against other cars ? ... i would like to have your opinion on the single-speed experience ... i know that on launch will be a rocket, but i need your vision on high end speed ...

thanks man and congrats, looks like a very nice job on your car !
Thanks Pato.

With this car it's clear I won't. Only for parking lots & short track and tight tracks, and namely for my 7yrs son there who does not need so much speed yet. Though I like to bash this, too. It really takes off nicely! Although not shown on the video posted above.
Namely the purpose of this project has been experimental for parking lot racing, not track racing as such. I feel I succeeded well.

To race this one on track, I would need a Sirio or similar, 40K+ rpm top race motor. (or a tranny)

On track I run with the BMT, race motor and 2-speed tranny from Evolva and now Centax, too. Warrior or BYSM Lambo body depending on track. Usually Ipanema tires, wides especially, but Sweeps are fine, too. GRP is fine but I just hate the rim, so I cannot use it.

BTW, there was clip earlier were I run againts IGT2 with a Team Orion motor & IGW008 tranny (post #6760). On wet small & track I was faster with this one actually. And now this is even better when I shaved off 50 grams from the center diff making it locked (spool) with a nylon spur gear, it spools up way faster now.

This is the GT tool for running on track (taken several weeks ago, it's not that clean by now)

Last edited by MikaR; 06-17-2011 at 01:07 PM.
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #6772
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

Quote:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
MikaR thats looks great and so realistic...ever thinking about designing a GT car?
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #6773
Tech Adept

Quote:
Thanks Pato.

With this car it's clear I won't. Only for parking lots & short track and tight tracks, and namely for my 7yrs son there who does not need so much speed yet. Though I like to bash this, too. It really takes off nicely! Although not shown on the video posted above.
Namely the purpose of this project has been experimental for parking lot racing, not track racing as such. I feel I succeeded well.

To race this one on track, I would need a Sirio or similar, 40K+ rpm top race motor. (or a tranny)

On track I run with the BMT, race motor and 2-speed tranny from Evolva and now Centax, too. Warrior or BYSM Lambo body depending on track. Usually Ipanema tires, wides especially, but Sweeps are fine, too. GRP is fine but I just hate the rim, so I cannot use it.

BTW, there was clip earlier were I run againts IGT2 with a Team Orion motor & IGW008 tranny (post #6760). On wet small & track I was faster with this one actually. And now this is even better when I shaved off 50 grams from the center diff making it locked (spool) with a nylon spur gear, it spools up way faster now.

This is the GT tool for running on track (taken several weeks ago, it's not that clean by now)

I realy don't like you MikaR lol j/k i would love to give that BMT a run.....ill pic one up next yr.
bigjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #6774
Tech Elite

Quote:
in US currency that car is about $700-$800 if i'm correct, and then it has to be shipped here with spares...holy smokes, that burned a hole in my pocket just thinking about it! would love to have one but...oh boy!
-- KITCHEN will return --
Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #6775
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sweet...
Mark the Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #6776
Tech Master

Yes a bit pricey, but wheeling this baby on track or a parking lot.. 100% satisfaction guaranteed and puts a smile on your face every time.

Especially I like the ball diffs; can be adjusted outside without opening anything.
Shocks aren't Kyosho quality but there's an upgrade kit coming end of summer with new parts including the shocks.

BTW, people talk about the belts - I haven't had the need the to change them and trust me the parking lots haven't been clean, even sand on the sides.. plus if I would need one I could get these for less than 10 USD from the local hardware seller. These aren't any specific R/C belts, but from http://www.optibelt.de
Old 06-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #6777
Tech Master

Living outside US I don't follow that much Stock Car racing, but I was really surprised when I was watching national Geographic HD and there was this Adventure Wanted TV show starred by Joby Ogbyn who was racing this "Alain Bruns" white car (in Florida I think) how much it resembled my white Warrior on BMT.. they almost looked like R/C cars on HD.. funny.

Similar to this but not so much sponsor stickers, if at all.. very cool.

Last edited by MikaR; 06-19-2011 at 01:47 PM.
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #6778
Suspended

[QUOTE=MikaR;9276589]Living outside US I don't follow that much Stock Car racing, but I was really surprised when I was watching national Geographic HD and there was this Adventure Wanted TV show starred by Joby Ogbyn who was racing this "Alain Bruns" white car (in Florida I think) how much it resembled my white Warrior on BMT.. they almost looked like R/C cars on HD.. funny.

Similar to this but not so much sponsor stickers, if at all.. very cool.

Only thing similar is they both have 4 tires and are white but other then
That I see your point
jjjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:28 PM   #6779
Tech Master

Yeah, there was this funny similarity, the cars on TV show looked exactly like ours The impression you know
Old 06-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #6780
Tech Elite

Its electric GT racing, but still a cool race video.

+ YouTube Video
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote