Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed

I especially feel bad for the 9 year old kid that had to endure hacking abuse by grown men against his “Concourse Winning” GT toy car.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe he tried to get out of my way as I was lapping him, and since he was a new racer to GT, he misunderstood and went the wrong direction. This was Evans second time racing I beleive using a borrowed car from Ron Simpson. Evan, you did an awesome job and we are proud of you!

Please Jeff, do us all a favor and just go away!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Brian,

I give props to Andy for his TQ run and making the brave statements he did about the rough driving that actually took him out of the race at about the 10 minute mark. Just ask yourself why he spoke about it in his post?
Here is the full statement Andy made, I highlighted the part that tells us exactly who he was talking about...

"I just want to use Chad as an excellent example on how a true racer thinks at any racing event. Between every qualifier Chad tried very hard to figure out where exactly on the track he can shave off a second from the competition and adjusted his car and driving accordingly. To me that's how a true racer should think during a racing event(instead of focusing on how to "take out" your competition by "dirty manuvers"). If we want to gain respect from other onroad classes first we need to respect ourselves and one another on the track. We need to show or teach new racers what to do and what not to do on the track and off the track especially at a big racing event, by doing so we will foster a much "healthier" racing environment for new comers as well as growing this awesome class for everyone. And most importantly having FUN doing so."

He was talking about "new" racers that were at this event, and how we need to work together to help the new guys learn good track etiquette.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Here is the full statement Andy made, I highlighted the part that tells us exactly who he was talking about...

"I just want to use Chad as an excellent example on how a true racer thinks at any racing event. Between every qualifier Chad tried very hard to figure out where exactly on the track he can shave off a second from the competition and adjusted his car and driving accordingly. To me that's how a true racer should think during a racing event(instead of focusing on how to "take out" your competition by "dirty manuvers"). If we want to gain respect from other onroad classes first we need to respect ourselves and one another on the track. We need to show or teach new racers what to do and what not to do on the track and off the track especially at a big racing event, by doing so we will foster a much "healthier" racing environment for new comers as well as growing this awesome class for everyone. And most importantly having FUN doing so."

He was talking about "new" racers that were at this event, and how we need to work together to help the new guys learn good track etiquette.
Finally someone actually understands the statement I made.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here is a quote that is sure to improve the GT Class:

"Leave the bickering amongst yourselves to private messages"

(Not pointing fingers at anyone)

Old 06-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

X2 i have been watching this for a few weeks.Why even entertain this type of nonsense, stop pointing out what one racer said just to make youself look better, its time to grow up and race.
Lets build the gt racing and please stop the hate.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Did you ever stop to think that maybe he tried to get out of my way as I was lapping him, and since he was a new racer to GT, he misunderstood and went the wrong direction. This was Evans second time racing I beleive using a borrowed car from Ron Simpson. Evan, you did an awesome job and we are proud of you!

Please Jeff, do us all a favor and just go away!
Bill,

OK, so Evan was trying to get out of your way, huh?

If you were lapping him, why couldn’t you just drive around, him instead of expecting him to get out of your way and crashing out?

Those track lanes look pretty wide to me there Bill, I hope you don’t think that I would give up the inside of any turn to you if you’re behind me. I hold my line on the track, if someone thinks they’re faster, they better be fast enough to drive around me.

Say what you want Bill, it don’t really matter much pal, come October them kind of hacks will get you a “stop n go” or “a black flag”. Drive clean or stay home, no hacks allowed. The End!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Bill,

OK, so Evan was trying to get out of your way, huh?

If you were lapping him, why couldn’t you just drive around, him instead of expecting him to get out of your way and crashing out?

Those track lanes look pretty wide to me there Bill, I hope you don’t think that I would give up the inside of any turn to you if you’re behind me. I hold my line on the track, if someone thinks they’re faster, they better be fast enough to drive around me.

Say what you want Bill, it don’t really matter much pal, come October them kind of hacks will get you a “stop n go” or “a black flag”. Drive clean or stay home, no hacks allowed. The End!
Are you kidding me? Lap traffic moves when the leader is coming. The RD will even announce it, just like he did in this instance. Evan got nervous and darted right into my lane, it was understandable, and I made no deal about it.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gashuffer
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

LOL! My thoughts exactly.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

OK, guess I'll take you at your word.

Just looks like a very slow part of the track, being a 180 section for anyone to dart out towards anyone. Maybe a hi-speed switch back or chacane could cause more confusion, but it looks like a 5mph section.

Anyway, I advocate clean driving at our races and expect experenced drivers to drive around slower, less experenced drivers.

If someone has the inside they should hold their line, a good faster driver will be able to find a way around them without hitting them.

Last time I checked most police officers give the traffic tickets the the guy that crashes into the car in front of them.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
i may be late on this but a Slash GT..i reading redrc onroad section and saw this

http://www.redrc.net/2011/05/strc-sl...on/#more-43106
I know the exact car. He was running it at West Coast RC. It did very well around the track, was much more tossable in turns than my GT8.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

We had a Great time at the Texas Biggie in GT8 class, can't wait for next year! As well as seeing racers from other classes. R/C racing is FUN!
Old 06-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by gashuffer
+ YouTube Video
Been watching this thread for some time and all I can say is WOW.

JSPEED GET A GRIP .

This u tube video describes u to 100%
Old 06-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

[/QUOTE]

what body is this?
and will it fit a gt2?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrz93
what body is this?
and will it fit a gt2?[/QUOTE]

Whats up Jay

Andy in the picture has a BYSM Body, they are very nice I have a few myself They are 1.5mm thick too

They will only fit the GT1

IGT HOBBIES would be the place to get them bill is a stand up guy

Here is a link for ya.

http://www.igthobbies.com/BYSM-BYSM1...BODY_p_49.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.