R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #6511
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I am in process of building a conversion (zo1b).
I was given a gt2 vette body from a bud and decided to follow
suit and build the car long (truggy chassis).
It seems that nobody is winning any of these big races with a long chassis car.I really like the scale look but if its a dud why bother.
Should I pickup a short body and scrap the long wb.?
If not why,and is there a situation where the longer wb. has an advantage?
Anyone winning on a local level with a long car?
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #6512
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
Jeff, I still can't see what your issue, Nothing was said to you, about you and you still post these snide comments to everything not related you you. Others can post their opinions and pictures like you all the time? does it only count if the top drivers at the races use your product only? then it's only OK to boast about it? Are you saying that it doesn't make the average person that much better? In the end it just come down to driver preference and skill. Give the driver this brand or that brand he'll still win if he is the best driver.

I've seen just as much bumping and whatever at any scale and any level, it's nothing new.
+++++++++1 on that. For someone that wasn't even at the race he sure has alot of comments about it. He's getting his info from Jlock. It seems he has nothing better to do everyday but to monitor this forum and give his two cents. Jspeed my piggy bank is full, please no more. If you take photos at any event you'll find enough to make it look like a hack fest. I was at the race and recall only getting hit once in the 45min main. Andy's incident was just bad luck not a hack job. I for one won't even consider buying a product Jspeed sells because of all the attitude and attacks I have witnessed on this forum. We all want this class to grow but reading this forum makes me sick. The truth of the matter several drivers in the GT class at the Texas Biggie were new to on-road. Those same individuals were involved in much of what Jspeed keeps bringing up. But if he wants this class to grow let's stop all this BS. I find it ironic that the two guys that constantly bicker about this class and claim to be the reason for it's existance are the same two that are holding it back. Just for the record, the poor kid that Jspeed keeps refering to finished 4th at the Texas Biggie. I think he held his own
chaderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #6513
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Bassman and Pit-racer (and all who posted pics of the race) ...

CONGRATS !!

Wow guys you are in paradise with that kind of tracks to enjoy GT Racing, i would love to have that in my country (in fact right now GT is almost dead here). I really wish you the best on put this class to grow ...

Would love to share some track time ... cya !!

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #6514
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaderick View Post
+++++++++1 on that. For someone that wasn't even at the race he sure has alot of comments about it. He's getting his info from Jlock. It seems he has nothing better to do everyday but to monitor this forum and give his two cents. Jspeed my piggy bank is full, please no more. If you take photos at any event you'll find enough to make it look like a hack fest. I was at the race and recall only getting hit once in the 45min main. Andy's incident was just bad luck not a hack job. I for one won't even consider buying a product Jspeed sells because of all the attitude and attacks I have witnessed on this forum. We all want this class to grow but reading this forum makes me sick. The truth of the matter several drivers in the GT class at the Texas Biggie were new to on-road. Those same individuals were involved in much of what Jspeed keeps bringing up. But if he wants this class to grow let's stop all this BS. I find it ironic that the two guys that constantly bicker about this class and claim to be the reason for it's existance are the same two that are holding it back. Just for the record, the poor kid that Jspeed keeps refering to finished 4th at the Texas Biggie. I think he held his own
You know what, I am tired of you guys dropping my name on this forum in the middle of these petty arguments about GT. I have not said anything on this thread for a while because I am tired of the BS with all the bickering about GT racing and particularly, GT racing in Texas. I am going to ask you guys from Austin one time and one time only, quit dropping/mentioning my name on this thread, especially when I have not posted or mentioned anything. For the last time, if you have an issue with me or something to say to me, direct it to me and stop the name dropping.

There are a lot of things I could say about what did happen at the Texas Biggie last weekend on this forum but I have chosen not to say a word because I know what kind of s--- storm it would start. All I want to do is race my cars (which I have a lot invested) and have fun doing it. Some of you out here chose to make this an "us vs them" battle in which I have chosen to stay out of because it is counterproductive. And just to let you guys know since you keep dropping my name about, many of you have taken the fun out of racing GT because of this pettiness.

Now, as it has been shown, some of you guys that run GT here in Texas have very little respect for me and it has been well documented on this thread on this forum. Again, that is your perrogative. However, since I am not out here going tit-for-tat every day with all of you guys discussing GT on this thread, quit dropping my name/screen name into this. If all of you want to fight, name-call, bicker, slander, and anything else you can think of doing to each other because this group uses product X and that group uses product Y, have at it. Just leave me out of it.

Again, this is a hobby to me and is only a small portion of my life. I have better things to do than keep going back and forth with you guys about what products everyone use. I use what I do because that is what I like and don't knock anyone because they use different products/manufacturers than I. Maybe if everyone here gets past this "my dad is better that your dad" mentality and actually start getting along and acting like "grown" men, maybe there will be some peace and harmony in GT racing and good will between the racers that run the class.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.

Last edited by JLock; 06-05-2011 at 09:19 PM.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #6515
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Found an interesting statment made by the TQ of that race........

Flyin Hawaiian
Sponsored

"I just want to use Chad as an excellent example on how a true racer thinks at any racing event. Between every qualifier Chad tried very hard to figure out where exactly on the track he can shave off a second from the competition and adjusted his car and driving accordingly.

To me that's how a true racer should think during a racing event (instead of focusing on how to "take out" your competition by "dirty maneuvers").

If we want to gain respect from other on road classes first we need to respect ourselves and one another on the track."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

His full post on the race can still be found here...

http://www.rcfiles.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=23

The attachment is the original unedited post..

Case closed on the hacking that went on at that race.
Jeff,

Before you put more "negative" spins on what I've said let me clarify on the intend of the statements I made on RCfile.

The statement I made was a general statement for anyone who wants to start racing in GT class and help to grow this class. NOT BECAUSE THERE WAS "HACKING" going on at the Texas Biggie. Like I told you on the phone when you called me. THERE WAS NO INTENTIONAL HACKING during Texas Biggie. Please Jeff, like I said before over and over again, lets stay positive in our minds and our hearts and sooner or later good things will happen, that's the power of universe baby .
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #6516
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman2 View Post
Jeff,

Before you put more "negative" spins on what I've said let me clarify on the intend of the statements I made on RCfile.

The statement I made was a general statement for anyone who wants to start racing in GT class and help to grow this class. NOT BECAUSE THERE WAS "HACKING" going on at the Texas Biggie. Like I told you on the phone when you called me. THERE WAS NO INTENTIONAL HACKING during Texas Biggie. Please Jeff, like I said before over and over again, lets stay positive in our minds and our hearts and sooner or later good things will happen, that's the power of universe baby .
Well said Andy. It pisses me off everytime I read this thread and I have to just walk away so I dont post more crap. I agree with you!!!!! Lets stay positive in all camps and lets just have fun!!!!! We have a great thing going with the Texas GT class. Everyone that comes in October will see we have a good group of inviting people that are involved in the class! Just ask Paul Roberts of Max Velocity Racing. I think he had a great time at the Texas Biggie with us!!!!
YANMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #6517
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

this is sad to read ...i wasn't at the race but looking at the kid is priceless...he may came in 4th but he show great sportmanship...congrats to the kid...
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #6518
Tech Elite

Andy,

Very sorry you now feel forced to back-track on your original statement just so your crew doesn’t turn against you too. Like you told them…..

“To me that's how a true racer should think during a racing event (instead of focusing on how to "take out" your competition by "dirty maneuvers"). If we want to gain respect from other on road classes first we need to respect ourselves and one another on the track.”

Those were your own words Andy and you know they were true when you wrote them or you wouldn’t have in the first place.

You are the most experienced GT racer in your Austin group; hopefully you can help them understand that all the intentional crashing needs to stop or other people won’t travel to race with them.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #6519
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaderick View Post
Chadrick,

Seems real funny how you now want to turn this around to being an attack against opposing brands, which is a very interesting topic in itself, especially since no mention of any were ever made on my behalf on this hacking subject. If you really want to go there, we can, its up to you.

Maybe you should leave that topic alone.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #6520
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What bodies are those that the top 3 were using? They look sweet.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:39 AM   #6521
Tech Master

BYSM (Italian), Protoform PF8, Alpha R1 (I believe)
Old 06-06-2011, 05:56 AM   #6522
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Chadrick,

Seems real funny how you now want to turn this around to being an attack against opposing brands, which is a very interesting topic in itself, especially since no mention of any were ever made on my behalf on this hacking subject. If you really want to go there, we can, its up to you.

Maybe you should leave that topic alone.
I never made an attack against opposing brands. I don't even think I mention a brand period. Feel free to quote me. What I am saying is I choose not to support an individual that always seems to have a negative twist on a topic especially if it doesn't promote their brand. The brand you sell may be great stuff but if I don't respect the individual selling it, why would I buy it? Please don't take this as an attack. I wish all the brands the best. Competition is good for everyone. Competition is what drives you and your company to get better. Competition is what gives us racers better products. I'm in no way trying to make this a brand thing. I am speaking out for the rest of us that are tired of the brand wars that are ruining this forum. Talk trash about what tire I run or the body I choose, prove it on the track. You'll never hear me take it personal and call out someone because they run a different brand. I am glad we have different products to run on our GT's. Please take this from someone who has only been running on-road for about two months. My perception of you is based solely on your previous posts. I think this class will prosper if we keep it positive and not so focused on brands. I know I'm not practicing what I'm preaching but my hope is that if you hear this from someone that has no obligations or linked to any brands, it won't be written off as an agenda. There are some that participate on this forum that are sponsored or have affiliations to certain products that must watch what they say. Let's grow this class together and let the racers decide what brand they want to buy. Anyways, what do I know I'm just the potential "CUSTOMER"
Old 06-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #6523
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
What bodies are those that the top 3 were using? They look sweet.
Protoform PF8
Old 06-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #6524
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Wow yesterday I attended the Tri-State shoot out at Floyd Bennett field in Brooklyn. Man I gotta tell you, GT racing is so much fun!!! They ran two full heats and everyone was smiling all day. Competition was close and everyone had a blast. GT is alive and well in the North East!!!

So come get some!
Old 06-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #6525
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmikel View Post
That is last years flier for the Byron race. Byron Fuel web site has this years flier with GT rules listed. Hope to see you guys at the race. It looks like it will be well attended. It would be cool to have the Texas Biggie winners attend.
Opps Me Bad!!!

So here is This years flyer!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Byrons Race 007.pdf (453.3 KB, 63 views)
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote