GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Congrats and mad props to the Blue Diamond Crew for defending your turf.
Next stop Brooklyn!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kitchen
Let me be the first one to bridge the EAST & WEST gap and say I never met you before but Congrats on your WIN + you gave props to your PIT MAN!!! that almost never gets done but he's almost more important than a fast driver!maybe one day we'll have the chance to clock some laps in the same spot!
Yeah, no doubt, pit men are very important. When you have one that knows exactly what your thinking without having to tell them, then you know you got a good one. I was coming in at 7 1/2 minutes and on my second pit stop I flamed as I came down pit lane. He fired me back up, filled me up, got me back out and instantly told me he was changing my pit stops to 7 minutes. I yelled back and said i trusted his decision, and I never flamed again. He also noticed at a point in the race that my stinger tube had gotten caught under the body, he told me to come in, and he had it fixed in less than 2 seconds, and the car was a lot better without oil all over the left rear tire. Its little things like that that make an excellent pit man.

My wife is from PA, so the next time we are up that way, I will definitely come do some racing with you guys.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

100% in agreement with 2011 Texas Biggie 1/8 GT champion. Having the right pitman is so crucial in nitro racing .
Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Yeah, no doubt, pit men are very important. When you have one that knows exactly what your thinking without having to tell them, then you know you got a good one. I was coming in at 7 1/2 minutes and on my second pit stop I flamed as I came down pit lane. He fired me back up, filled me up, got me back out and instantly told me he was changing my pit stops to 7 minutes. I yelled back and said i trusted his decision, and I never flamed again. He also noticed at a point in the race that my stinger tube had gotten caught under the body, he told me to come in, and he had it fixed in less than 2 seconds, and the car was a lot better without oil all over the left rear tire. Its little things like that that make an excellent pit man.

My wife is from PA, so the next time we are up that way, I will definitely come do some racing with you guys.
sounds good!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default GT2 Front Droop Screws

I been tinkering around with a GT2 getting it ready to race and I noticed that the front droop screws are not stopping the arm movement very positively. Is there something you all are doing to keep the droop screw from moving further than the droop setting should allow?
Old 05-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Are you checking the droop with or without the shocks attached?
Old 05-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Are you checking the droop with or without the shocks attached?
For droop set up purposes without the shocks attached. Even without the shocks attached, and the arms resting on the droop screws, it is possible to give the arm just a slight push downward and the arm will extend past the point where the droop screw makes contact with the arm. The rear does not seem suffer from this problem. Maybe just a cap screw instead of a grub screw would provide a more flat contact area.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Sounds like the arms are binding. Ream out the hinge pin holes, and take a little off the arms because sometimes they are tight fitting.
Sand off the black paint then polish the pins with Mothers Metal Polish.
I always do this on cheap hinge pins typically like the ones found in rtr kits. I don't see the need anymore to spend 60 dollars on hinge pin sets when you can polish up the cheap ones. Works for me.

Last edited by gashuffer; 05-31-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
For droop set up purposes without the shocks attached. Even without the shocks attached, and the arms resting on the droop screws, it is possible to give the arm just a slight push downward and the arm will extend past the point where the droop screw makes contact with the arm. The rear does not seem suffer from this problem. Maybe just a cap screw instead of a grub screw would provide a more flat contact area.
Sounds like the lower a-arm is flexing, which is normal, the material used in the plastic was designed for use in an offroad buggy. The flex is more noticeable in the summer heat.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Sweep'em ALL! (Almost)

Sweep Racing 2011 Memorial days weekend Racing report.

Venue: Blue Diamond Raceway. Delaware, USA

Qualifying Order
TQ: Kitchen (Sweep)
2nd: Tony Q (Sweep)
3rd: Tom Sal (Sweep)

Main Order
1: Tom Sal (Sweep)
2: Deshaun Dash (Alpha)
3: Kitchen (Sweep)
__________________________________________________ _______

Venue: Texas Biggie. Texas, USA

Qualifying Order
TQ: Andy Liu (Sweep)
2nd: Ron S (Sweep)
3rd: Robert P (Alpha)

Main Order
1st: William Massey (Sweep)
2nd: Chad K(Sweep)
3rd: David T(Sweep)

GO FAST & Sweep'em ALL!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by williamw
Sounds like the lower a-arm is flexing, which is normal, the material used in the plastic was designed for use in an offroad buggy. The flex is more noticeable in the summer heat.
William is right, the arm is meant to flex if pushed on (ie. you come off a big double and land on one arm, the arm will flex instead of snapping). In on-road racing conditions there is really no force that pushes the arm past the setting point, so you should be good to go with your setting.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

im ready for brooklyn!!
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-gtaldo.jpg  
Old 05-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone looking for a good well done up car, and a good deal.

Or if you know anyone looking for a Electric GT.

Check this out

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post9191163
Old 05-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jrz93
im ready for brooklyn!!
This is a great paint job!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Very, very nice paintwork.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.