R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #6376
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
Really? I've heard the B5 lacks a bit of top-end, and I need a screamer up top(local track is huge..) Also, I plan to run an Ascendancy clutch, but am still waiting to hear if this skinny Kyosho clutch-bell will fit over it.. I do like the price of the B5, but have always thought it's more of a truggy engine.. What pipe do you run with it?

Right now it's still a toss-up - Werks B5 or B6, Argus, Alpha A872, or maybe a Go GXR II... So many to choose from, it's kind of ovewhelming...
this brings up a good conversation amoung gt cars?
what is a great gt motor?
does a onroad motor like rb classico or nova on-road actually work better for top end or does it lack that of torque of the much heavier 1/8th gt car?
i have a modded .28 in my gt2 but am looking to update my gt1...
imho werks is a cheap motor, if that fits your budget ok...but you get what u pay for!
id love to try a os speed xz-b in my gt1 cause in my truggy, that motor pulls for days, and at motorama it smoked the werks and just about anything else!
os speed is the fastest engines i ever drove, but i do not have any experience with any o the on-road specific engines....are they better???
hmmm anyone?
Old 05-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #6377
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Well the 1hour IGT race is in the books,

1st - DM1 / ProtoForm / Ipanema / Axial- Nice Job Z

2nd - DM1 / Warrior / Sweep / Fource - Down 6 laps to the winner - better driver and similar speeds.

Got to say this was a lot of fun, and we did have many laps close together. Need to work on the brakes and chassis set up. Better motor had issues as it was spewing fuel all over the place, clutch broke a spring, and it was not happy seeing 400 degrees for a few laps. Of well, it needed to be rebuilt.

Hope the guys in Texas are having a good time. Waiting to see if Andy pulls through. May have to make that race next year.

Mark
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #6378
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
Really? I've heard the B5 lacks a bit of top-end, and I need a screamer up top(local track is huge..) Also, I plan to run an Ascendancy clutch, but am still waiting to hear if this skinny Kyosho clutch-bell will fit over it.. I do like the price of the B5, but have always thought it's more of a truggy engine.. What pipe do you run with it?

Right now it's still a toss-up - Werks B5 or B6, Argus, Alpha A872, or maybe a Go GXR II... So many to choose from, it's kind of ovewhelming...

talk to Neal on his mod B5
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:58 AM   #6379
Tech Champion

Got an Argus coming..

Ran my 1/7 DM-1 yesterday with a Go GXR 5-port, and it was really very fast..(til the 2-speed crapped out - again..) Convinced me that a 21 is a better call than a 28. A 28 is just superfluous, drivetrain-destroying torque, and wasted fuel. The Go has enough balls to drift if I want to, and it screams on top end with the 2063 pipe..
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:58 AM   #6380
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Red face Texas Biggie final Qualifying order

1: Andy Liu/Sweep. 14 Laps
2: Unknown/Sweep. 14Laps
3: Unknown/Alpha. 13Laps
4: Unknown/Sweep. 13Laps
5: Unknown/Sweep. 13Laps

We had a chance to Speak to Andy very briefly last night about 34th Ann Texas Biggie. We heard few names but not so sure, we will update again once we found more details.

with every major tire company drivers shown at the event, once again we continue Sweeping top positions again.

More GT race report coming after this memorial day.
Have a safe holiday, and happy motoring.

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 05-29-2011 at 09:36 AM.
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #6381
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Well the 1hour IGT race is in the books,

1st - DM1 / ProtoForm / Ipanema / Axial- Nice Job Z

2nd - DM1 / Ipanema Warrior / Sweep / Fource - Down 6 laps to the winner - better driver and similar speeds.

Got to say this was a lot of fun, and we did have many laps close together. Need to work on the brakes and chassis set up. Better motor had issues as it was spewing fuel all over the place, clutch broke a spring, and it was not happy seeing 400 degrees for a few laps. Of well, it needed to be rebuilt.

Mark
Must have been fun running 1 hour straight with your GT, huh?

We'll be doing 1 hour A Mains at our events from now on too.

Congrats and thanks for using our products.

Good luck in your GT race today too!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #6382
Tech Champion

Which Axial engine was the winner running?
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:55 AM   #6383
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
every major tire company drivers shown at the event
That is a false and misleading statement.

We have no official team representation attending the Texas Biggie race.

Juan Blaylock (jlock), a close friend and Ipanema user is at the race; the GT class was plagued with intentional rough driving all weekend long.

The A Main is being run at this very moment and we wish him the best of luck.

Last edited by Jspeed; 05-29-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #6384
Tech Elite

Just got a call from Jlock.

Said he started pretty much at the back of the A Main with Ipanema 55 shore slicks because of their ability to manage the heat of the 90 degree Texas temps and the 45 minute A Main length.

According to Juan, the heat of the track surface was causing most cars in the main to slip all over the track, a sign of tire overheating.

He was able to move forward gaining position as the race went on, as he was on point.
At around 25 minutes into the race, Juan found himself in 2nd place closing in, when his reciever went south.

Tough break for Juan, he was able to get it fixed only to finish in 7th place.
Guess all those hard hits he took during the weekend took their toll.....

You'll get them next time Juan, proud of you for sticking in there!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats to Bill on his 1st GT win, really looking forward to racing with you in October at our US GT Nats.

Andy, congrats on your TQ, too bad it was the kiss of death for your race, lol jk, see ya at Mike's too
Old 05-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #6385
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Congratulation to 1st place winner Bill, 2nd place winner Chad, and 3rd place winner David at the 34th annual Texas Biggie. Sweeps Racing Tires TQ'ed and swept podium once again. What a great event it was. I would like to thank Bob and Bill for hosting the event and Jeff for directing the race. I would love to go back for next year. What a great bunch of GT drivers, overall atmosphere was very positive. Lets do our best to grow this wonderful class even bigger
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #6386
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Has anyone ever crammed the newer GT2 two speed into a GT1? if so which center drive shafts fit for both front and rear?. I think I would like to convert my GT2 to a GT1. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:26 PM   #6387
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rifraf Send a message via Skype™ to rifraf

I know this thread will be moved pretty quick,but this is the best place to find what I am looking for..So, lets see how long it will stay.I am looking for a Ofna dm-1 ready to go..servos/motor..I am ready to buy..NO JUNK PLEASE MUST BE RACE READY COMPETITIVE NINUS RECIEVER....P.M. ASAP..

Sorry mods..

Last edited by rifraf; 05-29-2011 at 11:46 PM.
rifraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:05 AM   #6388
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
Has anyone ever crammed the newer GT2 two speed into a GT1? if so which center drive shafts fit for both front and rear?. I think I would like to convert my GT2 to a GT1. Thanks in advance.
Pls check the infernogt forum. There's a lot information available regarding this. Thanks
Old 05-30-2011, 03:40 AM   #6389
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well sunday was a foggy/wet/wifes gall bladder went south failure for my gt2 debut sooooo ill have to wait till later in the week. I did start heat cycling engine so ill have that done later today
I will diff need a exp hand at setting up 2 speed trans though I still have locker in so car only has 1st gear im nervous ill mess it up without help (1st onroad car here)so if your out at next onroad practice at leisure hrs raceway and ya see a big loud dummie that has a clueless look on his face pls come over and help me
ty dnf don
Old 05-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #6390
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrz93 View Post
thanks gary...looks like there is plenty of room in front (to rear of top plate)
what do you use to make countersunk screw holes? do you make something?
btw your body clip GMK supply are the best 1/8 scale body clips ever? never come off!!!
Jay - Sorry I missed this post earlier! For metric screws I use a 90 degree countersink - it is a cutting tool somewhat like a drill bit, but with the proper angle for the countersink, and they are made with various numbers of flutes, and varying materials, depending on what material you are countersinking. Aluminum is soft and you can use a HSS countersink - you certainly don't need carbide. It is more accurate to countersink in a drill press, but I have done plenty of chassis countersinks using a hand electric drill. For an American SAE screw you'd use an 82 degree countersink. You can get these from any machine tool supply house. LMK if you want to come by the house and I can pop your hole in and countersink it. I live about 5 minutes from Ron Bosco's shop.

Thanks for the props on the body clips. I truly believe mine are the best on the market. I only use USA-manufactured clips, made from 1020 steel, and then plated. They are also the least expensive clips on the market to boot! It's a beautiful thing...
Gary NJ is offline   Reply With Quote