R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #6361
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
I have an extra Picco P9R and I was wondering if it would be suitable to use it on a 1/8GT chassis? Although the Picco generates a lot of torque, I wonder if it is proper to use it on a 1/8GT/ buggy drivetrain which typically uses a buggy type motor that has more torque and less revs.

Will it work okay or will it get burned up?
Just play with grear ratios until you learn the correct ones for the track you're running at, should work fine.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #6362
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Man, step away from the forum for a NY minute, and boom, it blows up again. Everyone needs to go back to their corners and catch their breath. When I started running this class back in late 2007/early 2008, it was fun and I had a blast. Now, not so much fun running this class anymore. There are too many folks with too many agendas taking the fun (and life) out of the class. Personally, I don't care what brand of tires you run, what brand body you run, or what brand of car you run, just show up to run it and have fun. This class is now more political than 8th scale and 200mm. There are agendas there as well but at least they don't get as personal as they do with GT cars.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #6363
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
Anybody run a Werks B6 in their GT?

I'm running a Werks B5 and really like it alot, It's recommended over the B6 as the B5 has better bottom end torque, if you properly gear, and spring your clutch right you'll have all the power you'll need.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #6364
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Well the 1st 2 rounds of qualifiers are over at the Texas Biggie. The top spot right now goes to Andy L. then Ron S. and in 3rd Chad K.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #6365
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's a pic of the qual. heat , more tomorrow with more racers added.....
Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-results-biggie.jpg  
Old 05-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #6366
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
I'm running a Werks B5 and really like it alot, It's recommended over the B6 as the B5 has better bottom end torque, if you properly gear, and spring your clutch right you'll have all the power you'll need.
Really? I've heard the B5 lacks a bit of top-end, and I need a screamer up top(local track is huge..) Also, I plan to run an Ascendancy clutch, but am still waiting to hear if this skinny Kyosho clutch-bell will fit over it.. I do like the price of the B5, but have always thought it's more of a truggy engine.. What pipe do you run with it?

Right now it's still a toss-up - Werks B5 or B6, Argus, Alpha A872, or maybe a Go GXR II... So many to choose from, it's kind of ovewhelming...
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #6367
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrz93 View Post
did you try that hot bodies tank and was there any mods? i need a new tank and id rather go with a proven problem fixer...one o my kyosho tanks gotta leak
Jay - The D8T tank is very good and will fit in the K car with very minor mods (front mount hole needs to be relocated slightly). I would much rather run the HB tank than the Kyosho - and it's much cheaper to boot. I love using a clunk - probably because I spend so much of my time upside down in offroad...
Gary NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #6368
Tech Master

Quote:
Also, again, somebody recommended getting a Kyosho clutch-bell with Evolva pinions, in order to be able to run normal-size clutch bearings(I don't like the .5x.8 bearings in the stock Ofna DM-1 CB) Anyway, I ordered and received the right parts, and the Kyosho CB looks really thin - as in I don't think it'll cover the shoes on my new Ascendancy clutch.. Will it?
It won't. I haven't found a wide bell that will cover the Losi-style 4shoe clutches with screw in pins like the Ascendancy - only the traditional style clutches with the pins pressed in the flywheel. The only demand for that type of bell would be for an open IGT car, so I don't think we'll ever see one...
Gary NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #6369
Tech Regular

Quote:
Really? I've heard the B5 lacks a bit of top-end, and I need a screamer up top(local track is huge..) Also, I plan to run an Ascendancy clutch, but am still waiting to hear if this skinny Kyosho clutch-bell will fit over it.. I do like the price of the B5, but have always thought it's more of a truggy engine.. What pipe do you run with it?

Right now it's still a toss-up - Werks B5 or B6, Argus, Alpha A872, or maybe a Go GXR II... So many to choose from, it's kind of ovewhelming...
I'm running the werks 2057 in the short (high speed) setting. it's got plenty of top end.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #6370
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Centax style clutch

Is there a Centax style clutch specifically made for 1/8GT? Or do I use just any Centax style clutch from a 1/8 onroad?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #6371
Tech Elite

Quote:
Also, I plan to run an Ascendancy clutch, but am still waiting to hear if this skinny Kyosho clutch-bell will fit over it...
You need to choose between that clutch or the new bell with the bigger bearings.
I would use the standard 3 shoe and the bigger bearing bell.

Good luck.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #6372
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Is there a Centax style clutch specifically made for 1/8GT? Or do I use just any Centax style clutch from a 1/8 onroad?
Good luck with the centax, GT cars are a lot heavier than 1/8 scale on-road cars. You'll have better luck with a buggy clutch and heavier springs.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #6373
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
I'm running the werks 2057 in the short (high speed) setting. it's got plenty of top end.
Brian, if you try the 2013 pipe it will shock you!
Old 05-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #6374
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Brian, if you try the 2013 pipe it will shock you!
yea, I've heard that, it's going to be my next pipe when funds allow.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #6375
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary NJ View Post
Jay - The D8T tank is very good and will fit in the K car with very minor mods (front mount hole needs to be relocated slightly). I would much rather run the HB tank than the Kyosho - and it's much cheaper to boot. I love using a clunk - probably because I spend so much of my time upside down in offroad...
thanks gary...looks like there is plenty of room in front (to rear of top plate)
what do you use to make countersunk screw holes? do you make something?
btw your body clip GMK supply are the best 1/8 scale body clips ever? never come off!!!