R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #6331
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
DM1 is ready to roll, a few decals when I get there, but not bad for 3hrs last night.

Question for you guys running the Warrior, how much front to back rake as well as openings for motor temp. Currently I have it cut at the moulded in line and 3/4 of each side window and lower back. Need to cut for access to the fuel tank strap, but fuel from the side, so want to leave as much of the windshield in as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
Just cut out whats needed, Hope this helps. I use about 6.08957 degree's of rake on mine! Just kiddin'
Both cars look good on stance, be careful to not cut off the front spoiler lip if you try to slam it too much. Also be careful to not lower the rear too much, have seen guys actually rub the lexan so much that they bubble the top of the rear quarter panels.

Keep the gurney flap handy in case you want to plant the rear a little more or reduce overall steering.

Have fun with your Warriors fellas and thanks for giving them a try.

Check out a new set of our slicks and ya'll be a rockin their world!

Hope to see ya on the podiums!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #6332
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmikel View Post
Got a new painter, hope you like it Jeff.
Wow!!! That looks awesome. Nice job!!!
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
FangsCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #6333
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
For definition, the D-box is a gyro that drifter use to help right their car after sliding it around corners. It is the same as a gyro to right the tail of a r/c helicopter. If you weren't a good driver, it would aid you at correcting your car coming out of corners and keeping your car somewhat straight when doing a straight line (like down a long straightaway).
If it helps prevent lesser skilled drivers from spinning out and crashing into you, why not allow it? Everyone, skilled or unskilled benefits from running in a smoother race. Besides these boxes needs some setup to provide the right amount of compensation. No different than you making an adjustment in your suspension setup to adjust your grip. Mechanical or electronic, it still requires some skill in setting up your car for the task.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #6334
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
If it helps prevent lesser skilled drivers from spinning out and crashing into you, why not allow it? Everyone, skilled or unskilled benefits from running in a smoother race. Besides these boxes needs some setup to provide the right amount of compensation. No different than you making an adjustment in your suspension setup to adjust your grip. Mechanical or electronic, it still requires some skill in setting up your car for the task.
If you allow a D-box, then why learn how to properly set up or how to properly drive a car? Many of us old-school racers learned how to drive our cars on the track, which meant putting time in at tracks and parking lots practicing to develop our skills. D-boxes are just shortcutting the process without truly learning the craft. And, what happens when you attend sanctioned races where D-boxes are not allowed (which is all of them right now), you will get your butt handed to you by the guys that know how to drive. Like drinking alcohol gives you "liquid courage", a D-box give you a false sense of "driving skills".
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:23 PM   #6335
Tech Addict

Quote:
Check out the front corner panels"Air Exits". Pretty cool Huh?!
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
OK.ok ok k....
educate me... the holes for gas fill and cooling are a must we all know that...
Now... the rear of my car body lines up perfectly with the diffuser.. IF I open up the back of the car... this should add more downforce.. yes?
Old 05-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #6336
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have yet to see a racer use a d-box. Not any of the races I've been to have used this device. It's off to the Texas Biggie race up near Dallas/Ft.Worth this weekend. Now where did I leave my keys.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #6337
Tech Addict

Quote:
If you allow a D-box, then why learn how to properly set up or how to properly drive a car? Many of us old-school racers learned how to drive our cars on the track, which meant putting time in at tracks and parking lots practicing to develop our skills. D-boxes are just shortcutting the process without truly learning the craft. And, what happens when you attend sanctioned races where D-boxes are not allowed (which is all of them right now), you will get your butt handed to you by the guys that know how to drive. Like drinking alcohol gives you "liquid courage", a D-box give you a false sense of "driving skills".
I am with J...
I had a M3 with traction control... took it to the track at Millers in Utah... I could drive it pretty well.. then we shut it off... HHHA!... "not so skilled now" said the instructor... Learn to set up the car... brake... be smooth.. easy on easy off.. Same as my wifes new motorcyle.. it has a slipper clutch... basicly she can just down shift without matching revs and drop the clutch... I dont like it ... cause whe she rides her other bike.. it does not have it and she has locked the rear as she down shifts.... this obviously upsets the chassis.... and down we go... leathers.. helmut, gloves... $$ ... shit..
Old 05-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #6338
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Miller is a bada$$ track. I use to work for motorcycle cornering school when I lived in Cali. We use to go to Miller all the time.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #6339
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
I've been in this hobby for more than 20yrs and I've never seen a D-box let alone know how to setup ALB or delayed throttle(launch control) on my radio. Practice and good old fashioned suspension tuning is what works for me. However, if it means that I can run a smoother qualifier without having to worry about backmarkers or traffic from lesser skilled drivers ruining my lap, then why not let them have it. They're not gonna be faster from this "liquid courage" but they certainly won't be all over the track crashing into everyone. They get to have a better time by not crashing all day and I get a smoother qualifier. Its a win-win situation.

BTW when I turn off the ESP on my SRT8, its a lot more fun to drive.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #6340
Tech Addict

Quote:
Miller is a bada$$ track. I use to work for motorcycle cornering school when I lived in Cali. We use to go to Miller all the time.
Cool... I used to instruct foir the USBA.. and Club race ... GT class--buggy-based on road!-cleter1-back.jpg
Old 05-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #6341
Tech Champion

Cool. I worked for the California Superbike School.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #6342
Tech Addict

Quote:
Cool. I worked for the California Superbike School.
The great Keith Code.. I have his books!!...
did you know he used to do the Shoes for Kiss back in the day?
Old 05-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #6343
Tech Champion

And he use to do shoes for Bowie and a bunch of other Glam Gods!! haha Awesome.

Twist of the Wrist! Great books indeed.
They were just in town at Thunderbolt Raceway in NJ.

Will Eikenberry is somewhere on here. I got him hooked on RC!! but he runs off-road.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #6344
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I love millers, i get out there every chance i get.

I think they should run inferno GT's on the kart track out there.
Adams816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #6345
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams816 View Post
I love millers, i get out there every chance i get.

I think they should run inferno GT's on the kart track out there.
We ran, or tried to run a race series out there last year. It quickly fizzled out for some reason. Not sure why. I thought it was fun though. We raced right next to the go cart track.
RussF is offline   Reply With Quote