Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #6271
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Think countersteer.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #6272
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The rules thing is going to be an ongoing battle. Again, when you have factions with their own agendas, this is what happens. No one can seem to co-exist for very long before the wrong thing is said, and then poof, the firestorm is started again. I have been doing the r/c car thing since 1987 and have seen this kind of bickering since then. We all have certain brands of cars and supporting products that we run with because they work for each of us like we like. However, when the rhetoric becomes personal, that is when the harmony breaks down into chaos.

Like Rodney King was once quoted, "Why can't we all just get along!!"
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #6273
Tech Champion

^ It's just redundant drivel at this point. The whole rules thing that is..

I chose to race and have fun within my group. Thats my goal.

Last edited by gashuffer; 05-25-2011 at 04:31 AM.
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #6274
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
^ It's just redundant drivel at this point.

I chose to race and have fun within my group. Thats my goal.
Cheers and Jeers!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #6275
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld View Post
Cheers and Jeers!!!!
I dont mean to sound abrasive Really.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #6276
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Hi,
this is the reason why I got one for myself - to find out.

Out of the box it's not faster on bigger tracks because they don't have 2-speed trannies as trannies are illegal in southern europe where these are being raced (the rally game series) and 1-speed is a must. Therefore I made one myself, photo below, to be able to run on bigger tracks equally with shaft driven GTs.

For me clearly there is no going back to shaft. This adventure has just started - and the track is not yet in it's optimal condition after the long winter - but I'm already on par that I ever was with IGT. I feel that I can squeeze out 1-2 seconds still on a 22 sec lap. Some of the local experienced drivers have applauded the way this car launches itself out of a turn and this is propably it's strongest point comparing to shaft driven models like DM1S. You know, races are won in an apex, not on the straight.

Why does every affordable spec class have to be destroyed by more expensive ways to make the car faster? Doesent ANYONE in on-road realize the big picture that has killed this segment? LEAVE THE FRIGGIN SPEC CLASSES ALONE!!! Belt Drive? Carbon top deck? Centax clutch??????? Great! Now we will have ANOTHER 4wd class that will cost over a Grand to compete in....I cant beleive how incredibly USELESS ROAR and IFMAR are....they have no sense of marketing or the common sense to see the big picture.
In road will continue to die at this rate.
Happy Meal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #6277
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillMassey View Post
No politics or agendas in the group that race in Texas SWCS that I see. Just show up and have fun. Its a hobby, and that's all it is.
Well put.. I wish more people thought like that. Cuz all the arguing over toy trucks and nitro engines, etc.. is so pathetic. The guilt of spending the money I do is bad enough. To know I'm in some way associating with people who base their sense of their own coolness on toy cars is just too much..
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #6278
Tech Master

Hi Raman,
thanks for asking - no I did not. I couldn't easily figure out a nice way placing the batteries; maybe placing them vertically on both sides (?). In that way it could be something!
BTW, I sold my FS to the same guy you did, Johnny4cross in the Aussies, I think ;-)

Herrsavage, I think I can agree ;-) But we do race & run these cars, giving them tuff time.

Happy Meal, there's no centax involved. I think you are coloring a bit; on the other hand racing has never been cheap. It can be cheaper than 1:8 onroad though and this is what we do. And it's not the cost, it's the better suitability to our track conditions that's aren't always perfect. Actually, these european kits aren't that much more expensive to us than Kyosho though I understand for americans the situation is somewhat different.
Plus I have witnessed how much $$$ guys are throwing to their DM1S making it lighter etc. putting carbon CHASSIS and all possible conversion parts available to perform. For me it's allright as long as it makes one happy.

Last edited by MikaR; 05-24-2011 at 10:38 PM.
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #6279
Tech Champion

Fair enough, but as stated before, it's still just a hobby. You can be serious and competitive about it, and still realize that trash-talking and bickering about it is retarded.. Because ultimately a hobby is a meaningless luxury. I'm as obsessed as anybody. But it's for fun and escape from work, etc.., not to get bogged down in some redneck Ford v. Chevy bicker-fest.., or a "I'm cooler than you because I run this or that engine", or "my mod is cooler than your mod" thing.. That stuff is just a big stain on what should be a fun carefree hobby..

That should apply especially to GT too - which afaic is intended to be a low-cost, less complicated alternative to 1/8 onroad racing..
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #6280
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld View Post
D-Box... X-Box we dont give a shit..show up; bring your cars, and lets have a good time.
That made me laugh!

Sounds like your group is growing. That's great to hear. We have similarities down here in SoCal, but with the "E" versions. Started with 2 folks and now we have a steady showing of people that enjoy this class just as much.

Good luck to your crew and continued success with GT8.

Jai

Last edited by kcunamay; 05-24-2011 at 11:05 PM.
kcunamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:58 PM   #6281
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar

in Toledo we have like 10 E-GT's now. That class races on saturdays and it seems to be growing fast. They all pretty much run the OFNA car and its all fun for now but someone will convert a GT2 for the longer wheel base and it will start all over again with the having to spend giant money if you want to win. Its the nature of racing and thats never going to stop.
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #6282
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Oh man, that looks beautiful! I'd love to get my hands on one to try out.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #6283
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
Because ultimately a hobby is a meaningless luxury. I'm as obsessed as anybody.

That should apply especially to GT too - which afaic is intended to be a low-cost, less complicated alternative to 1/8 onroad racing..
I agree. Hope it teachess me something though (what?)

Sometimes, however, using a purpose built car (like rally game with diffs and parts that seem really last very well) IS easier and less complicated than trying to do it with a car that was originally built for offroading. Just a thought. I've seen man guys DNF in their races because their offroad rear diff couldn't handle the stress. Maybe inexpensive but very stressful --> they quit GT racing (for real yes!). Though I have to say that I have never broke one in IGT.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #6284
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default its comin along

Just stoppin in to let you liesure hr guys be rdy cause Big Sexy aka Dnf Don is coming and I'm not taking no prisoners
Lmao just messin with ya all although my kyosho GT2 should be up and runnin by this Sunday long as aaron ordered my reciever pack and ofna blue box
Cya soon guys...ps I picked up the front and rear sway bar kits are u guys running them and if so which ones?
Thanks Dnf Don
Old 05-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #6285
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi Raman,
thanks for asking - no I did not. I couldn't easily figure out a nice way placing the batteries; maybe placing them vertically on both sides (?). In that way it could be something!
BTW, I sold my FS to the same guy you did, Johnny4cross in the Aussies, I think ;-)
Really? You sold yours too? I didn't want to part with the motor, but I made better use of it in my 1:1 car

What motor are you putting your spada? back to the .09?