05-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA
Engine questions for the Spec Class
I have been debating going with either the RTR .28 from the DM1 or buying a less than $200 .21 engine. Locally a few of the guys have gone with the Novarossi N21R limited (Amain $144 but out of stock). It has proven to be hard to find in stock.
I have seen a few different motors out there that seem to fit the bill:
RB Concept Sport 10 .21 3 port $161.99
OS .21VG 3 port $159.99
Novarossi .21 P3XS $159.99 Absolute, $199 Stormer, $209 Amain.
My questions are:
1. Does anyone out there have experience with any of these?
2. How do you address the pricing rule when some sites are over $200 and some are below?
3. Has anyone put together a list of "SPEC" .21 motors that compete well with the .28 RTR?
4. In general what are faster the .28 RTRs or the .21 3 ports or are they a good match?
5. Have any .21 3 port motors under $200 been outlawed?