GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 05-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Cool , he knows where I live!

i like that one...but on the real serpent should be taking money and bring out this car ...if any changes need to be made hell i buy the updated car
Old 05-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Guys,

This is for a friend in Peru.

He is using a DM SPEC with offroad .21 engine.

The thing is that, based on what he is explaining me, it seems that the 2 speed setting springs get warm/hot and softer after couple minutes of run so at start the shifting point seems perfect but after couple minutes it starts to shift early and early as the springs gets softer ...

Any tip to solve this ??

thanks in advance guys ...

Pat
Old 05-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Guys,

The thing is that, based on what he is explaining me, it seems that the 2 speed setting springs get warm/hot and softer after couple minutes of run so at start the shifting point seems perfect but after couple minutes it starts to shift early and early as the springs gets softer ...

Any tip to solve this ??

Pat
Keep in mind that the tune on the motor will change the shift point as well.

IF you are rich, the motor takes longer to get to the RPM to make it shift...So as the car warms up my shift point is too slow...as the car comes up to temp at say, 170 degrees... the car shifts perfect. In short, make sure you are at operating temp before you make adjustments.

there is a hole in the 2nd speed clutch bell rotaate the shaft until you see the set srews,(2) back both off EVENLY..SMALL amounts.. VERY SMALL... Turn in to make is shift later, Out to make it shift earlier....

I hope this makes sense.. I am sure there is a Youtube Movie about this someplace...
Old 05-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
Keep in mind that the tune on the motor will change the shift point as well.

IF you are rich, the motor takes longer to get to the RPM to make it shift...So as the car warms up my shift point is too slow...as the car comes up to temp at say, 170 degrees... the car shifts perfect. In short, make sure you are at operating temp before you make adjustments.

there is a hole in the 2nd speed clutch bell rotaate the shaft until you see the set srews,(2) back both off EVENLY..SMALL amounts.. VERY SMALL... Turn in to make is shift later, Out to make it shift earlier....

I hope this makes sense.. I am sure there is a Youtube Movie about this someplace...

Im clear about all you posted, and thanks ... but the thing is that, there exist some harder adjustment springs ? ... i think that the stock ones, tend to get softer after 15 minutes of racing ...

cya

Pat
Old 05-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Clete Landefeld;9140090]Keep in mind that the tune on the motor will change the shift point as well.

+1.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

There are aftermarket springs and chutch shoes (Aluminum).... I have not used either as of yet.. I am new to the car as well...so I am still on the stock ones... We tested for 30 min straight last weekend.. Just to check tires and temps.... the car seemed fine.. But our track is very large and it not shifting as much as you might think... maybe 6-8 times a lap..

Good luck... share what you find out..I am interested to hear the feedback.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guys,

Any tip to solve this ??

Pat
I don't beleive that to be true. The spring and shoes will take a set, but after that your engine tune is going to affect the shift point more than anything.

If after a couple of minutes your shifting early, it's because the engine has warmed up and running leaner than when you started. Set the shift point after after the engine tune is consistent (during practice of course.)
Old 05-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

I also notice that the shift point seems to change the longer I run.. Mine actually seems perfect earlier rather than later - so once I'm at 250F or so it's shifting too early.. At 200ish or even cooler it's perfect.. Could this lead to problems with shredding spur-gears or CB bearings?
Old 05-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

anyone know a pros and cons of usin a D8 tank? its a clunk tank.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Guys,

Any tip to solve this ??

Pat
Pato,

If its not a tuning problem, check the size of the springs against new ones, maybe they're wore out or have lost spring tension. Just another idea to check. good luck
Old 05-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Pato,

If its not a tuning problem, check the size of the springs against new ones, maybe they're wore out or have lost spring tension. Just another idea to check. good luck

Thanks ... as this is for a friend i preferred to come here and share the query.

Im pretty sure is not a engine tuning related issue, is only about the 2 speed systems, specifically on springs ...

Jeff, do you know if exist some other source for this little springs that are more resistant to temps ? ...

thanks !

Pat
Old 05-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks ... as this is for a friend i preferred to come here and share the query.

Im pretty sure is not a engine tuning related issue, is only about the 2 speed systems, specifically on springs ...

Jeff, do you know if exist some other source for this little springs that are more resistant to temps ? ...

thanks !

Pat
Maybe check the 1/8 Serpent, Mugen or Kyosho springs. Is also possible that a hard 1/10 scale spring might work too (must be from a pro-level car, ok). Just have to size them up against stock DM1. Good Luck
Old 05-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mosaics12
Clunk tanks usually are for off road. Being that your chances of being turned over are greater.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mosaics12
No cons. The D8 tank is excellent, and inexpensive to boot.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Got my Warrior in the mail today!! Still have to finalize some trimming.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.