R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #6001
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
Steve, we're glad to hear from you even if it isn't what we want to hear yet. I hope you can have us something soon, even if it needs to be fine tuned as time goes on. Thanks for listening and hope to hear that the rules are in place soon.
Why so glum?

Very doubtful that he's gonna halfazz any rules and "fine tune as time goes on"; its not the man's style dude.

.... but did you hear the good news from Steve?

Wide rear slicks are in, no birdies about it!

See ya at the GT Nats Spooky!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #6002
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys. Larry who is Kustom RC Graphics did it for me. He has a thread in the Paint section. He is phenomenal with an airbrush.
Great color selection, great artist, real nice work. Thanks



Try to post more pics when she's done, ok
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #6003
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,110
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
Steve, we're glad to hear from you even if it isn't what we want to hear yet. I hope you can have us something soon, even if it needs to be fine tuned as time goes on. Thanks for listening and hope to hear that the rules are in place soon.
+1 well said Spooky
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #6004
Tech Elite
 
Kitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Atlanta GA.
Posts: 2,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish View Post
Kitchen, please either PM me some photos or post some! I really would rather be running a LOSI.
I'm @ work right now so I don't have much time to post all the pic's I want with a good description of what's been done...but here a few quick clicks...I'll post more later>>>---<<<Maybe I can sneak a few descriptions in

paint job by CR GRAPHICS...this the body I won from Jojo @ Blue Diamond Park...and Jojo said ...and I qoute..."this body's coming home with me" not ...the wheels and tires are premounted Sweep 45's






with the addition of the longer cb and the center diff moved forward, the electronics box and servo has to be chopped for clearance.




steering servo chop.







The shaft on the left was cut down from the original, the other was sleeved and then welded for more strength...so far the latter is the winner!



my first, we named him "piece of $h!+"...may he rest in pieces



The rear drive shaft is the Losi 8T front shaft...perfect length...the top of the center case has to be dremeled inside for the big gear to spin free and the brake cam from the front brake is now used in the rear, notice the "race bend" on the brake lever !



fits like a glove.


I'll give a better write up later with more pic's<<<
__________________
-T&L BOYZ-HORSHAM RC-Blue Diamond-Critters-M.B.R.C.-LCRC-
Jackson R/C*2 Solar Avenue Jackson, NJ 08527*
I survived The 24 Herues Du Jackson 2010 :.]
-- KITCHEN will return --

Last edited by Kitchen; 05-11-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #6005
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,512
Default

Thats creative Kitchen, thanks!



Rock on!!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #6006
Tech Elite
 
Kitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Atlanta GA.
Posts: 2,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Thats creative Kitchen!

Rock on!!
I never have any free time but always have time for this...go figure
__________________
-T&L BOYZ-HORSHAM RC-Blue Diamond-Critters-M.B.R.C.-LCRC-
Jackson R/C*2 Solar Avenue Jackson, NJ 08527*
I survived The 24 Herues Du Jackson 2010 :.]
-- KITCHEN will return --
Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #6007
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen View Post
I never have any free time but always have time for this...go figure
Hear that!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #6008
Tech Elite
 
Pit-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali/Texas
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
Steve, we're glad to hear from you even if it isn't what we want to hear yet. I hope you can have us something soon, even if it needs to be fine tuned as time goes on. Thanks for listening and hope to hear that the rules are in place soon.
+2 Thanks Steve and well said Mr. Spooky
__________________
www.igthobbies.com / Serpent Eryx 3.0 / Desoto Racing / Veytrex.com / JZRacing / RcShox / IGT8 Red
Pit-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #6009
RT3
Tech Adept
 
RT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 130
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

What /wheels/tires do you guys suggest for running around on the street? I'd like to find something fairly cheap (if possible) so I can just drive around for fun, doing slides, and burnouts. If you have a link of where to get them, please post it!
__________________
AE RC8B Black Series
AE SC10 Black Series
RT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #6010
Tech Elite
 
Kitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Atlanta GA.
Posts: 2,487
Default

Posted a few more updates to my build!
__________________
-T&L BOYZ-HORSHAM RC-Blue Diamond-Critters-M.B.R.C.-LCRC-
Jackson R/C*2 Solar Avenue Jackson, NJ 08527*
I survived The 24 Herues Du Jackson 2010 :.]
-- KITCHEN will return --
Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #6011
Tech Champion
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

For those who run a GT2 are you using the long or short wheelbase setting? You know, the spacer in front(long) or behind(short) the rear upright.


** Kitchen don't forget the fuel bottle. See you Sunday.
__________________
T-Sal
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #6012
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 116
Default

I'm new to on-road but I have been racing off-road on and off for 6-7 years. I have been biting my tongue while reading some of the previous posts. Most of the racers in the GT class that I have met and raced against are a fun bunch of guys always willing to lend a hand and give input. From what I have read on this forum there are at least two individuals that comment nearly everyday that seem to have a lot of input. These two also seem to always be in the middle of the negative drama. Either taking something personal or throwing out comments of there own. It's sad because these two could also help move this class forward but the ego's keep getting in the way. I have personally raced against one and all I heard was bitchin and wining during the whole race, what a drag I'm not going to mention any names but I think the majority of the members that read this forum know who I'm referring too. It doesn't seem to take much to get them worked up either. Hell this post alone may get them going, hopefully not this is not my intention. My hope is that the new guys to the sport don't take this forum as a sign of what this class is about. Again the guys I race against locally are all real fun and the competition is not only fun but we can trash talk and no one gets bent out of shape. I got out of this sport (yes I said sport not a hobby) because of all the drama a few people always must be apart of. Let's challenge each other to make each other faster and remember we are doing this for fun. I'm going to the Texas Biggie in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to some good competitive racing along with some nights shooting the shit with the guys. This is what it is all about Everyone is going to have an opinion, if it doesn't match yours no big deal. It's after all just an opinion. What works for one may not work for the next guy. Now how many days till the Texas Biggie? Is it race time yet??
chaderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #6013
Tech Addict
 
bassman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UT/TX/IN/PA
Posts: 718
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

In 100% agreement !!!!
__________________
Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"
2015 teams/sponsors:
Serpentamerica/Desoto Racing, Murnan Modified Motors, VP powermaster Fuel, Sweep Racing USA, Speed Passion, BUKU performance products
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #6014
Tech Addict
 
bassman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UT/TX/IN/PA
Posts: 718
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaderick View Post
I'm new to on-road but I have been racing off-road on and off for 6-7 years. I have been biting my tongue while reading some of the previous posts. Most of the racers in the GT class that I have met and raced against are a fun bunch of guys always willing to lend a hand and give input. From what I have read on this forum there are at least two individuals that comment nearly everyday that seem to have a lot of input. These two also seem to always be in the middle of the negative drama. Either taking something personal or throwing out comments of there own. It's sad because these two could also help move this class forward but the ego's keep getting in the way. I have personally raced against one and all I heard was bitchin and wining during the whole race, what a drag I'm not going to mention any names but I think the majority of the members that read this forum know who I'm referring too. It doesn't seem to take much to get them worked up either. Hell this post alone may get them going, hopefully not this is not my intention. My hope is that the new guys to the sport don't take this forum as a sign of what this class is about. Again the guys I race against locally are all real fun and the competition is not only fun but we can trash talk and no one gets bent out of shape. I got out of this sport (yes I said sport not a hobby) because of all the drama a few people always must be apart of. Let's challenge each other to make each other faster and remember we are doing this for fun. I'm going to the Texas Biggie in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to some good competitive racing along with some nights shooting the shit with the guys. This is what it is all about Everyone is going to have an opinion, if it doesn't match yours no big deal. It's after all just an opinion. What works for one may not work for the next guy. Now how many days till the Texas Biggie? Is it race time yet??
In 100% agreement. 15 days till Texas Biggie, YES SIR!!!! Hopefully I will be able to master my pitting skill by then..............
__________________
Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"
2015 teams/sponsors:
Serpentamerica/Desoto Racing, Murnan Modified Motors, VP powermaster Fuel, Sweep Racing USA, Speed Passion, BUKU performance products
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #6015
Tech Regular
 
mosaics12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default bevel gear and rear shock tower

im looking for this part if you have them and want to sell it just let me know so i can run my GT2 again

the gear that im looking for is the one in the middle of the pics. if you have a set i will take if you give me a good price ;D i need both front and rear.


thanks
__________________
kyosho inferno GT2 pro.. kyosho ultima sc.. HPI savage X.. tamiya m-05 pr
mosaics12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro Off-Road 5 03-20-2012 11:03 AM
JRX-S based 4wd buggy?? Why was the idea scrapped? cpatel529 Electric Off-Road 33 12-08-2007 06:19 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-26-2006 11:40 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 13 09-30-2006 10:31 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 03-21-2006 01:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:12 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net