R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #5986
Tech Fanatic
 
SteveP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 918
Default

I really hope that some day I can inspire all the "factions" that are developing in the GT community to come together under the same "banner" and advance this class for what it is - a FUN, and very cost effective way to compete without introducing all the costs associated with the classes from which some of our drivers have come. These are SUCH cool cars, and I KNOW that if everyone were to meet under different circumstances, we'd all have a great time throwing back a beer and bench racing until the wee hours of the morning. The common denominator is the GT class, and we all gravitated to it for many of the same reasons. If we could all find it within ourselves to withhold a negative comment here and there and stay focused on what this should be about, which is to have a hell of a lot of fun with a bunch of people that share a common interest, it will start looking like a hobby that we're supposed enjoy. Let's leave the infighting to the classes where they forgot LONG AGO that it's supposed to be fun. ;o)

Gashuffer - that's one of the best looking GT bodies I've ever seen. I never thought blue and green could go together that well. That's a talented painter.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #5987
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Aptos/Mass
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
I really hope that some day I can inspire all the "factions" that are developing in the GT community to come together under the same "banner" and advance this class for what it is - a FUN, and very cost effective way to compete without introducing all the costs associated with the classes from which some of our drivers have come. These are SUCH cool cars, and I KNOW that if everyone were to meet under different circumstances, we'd all have a great time throwing back a beer and bench racing until the wee hours of the morning. The common denominator is the GT class, and we all gravitated to it for many of the same reasons. If we could all find it within ourselves to withhold a negative comment here and there and stay focused on what this should be about, which is to have a hell of a lot of fun with a bunch of people that share a common interest, it will start looking like a hobby that we're supposed enjoy. Let's leave the infighting to the classes where they forgot LONG AGO that it's supposed to be fun. ;o)

Gashuffer - that's one of the best looking GT bodies I've ever seen. I never thought blue and green could go together that well. That's a talented painter.
this may hav come up b4 but is there any updates with oficial rules being made for the class from ROAR? Just wondering, seem like that could help the bickering/development...
RCnut4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #5988
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,405
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCnut4Life View Post
this may hav come up b4 but is there any updates with oficial rules being made for the class from ROAR? Just wondering, seem like that could help the bickering/development...
You know, even it this was to happen soon, you would still not make some here happy. The best thing to do is attend any GT races that you can, have fun racing your car, and steer clear of the bickering/discontent.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #5989
Tech Fanatic
 
SteveP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 918
Default

Yes, I've been making some progress on the rules. I apologize that they haven't been released yet. I'm trying to tackle many issues that I think are very important, this being one of them, but it's tough to balance it all at once. Just to put one issue to rest, there's no validity to the rumor that ROAR will not allow the wider rear tires. I think the wide tires are a positive development for the class in providing enough traction for the rear of the cars, which have always had a degree of over-steer and rear tire degradation, that they're finally a little easier to dial in.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #5990
Tech Elite
 
Kitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Atlanta GA.
Posts: 2,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish View Post
Kitchen, please either PM me some photos or post some! I really would rather be running a LOSI.
Sorry for the delay...BUT...I took the car apart, cleaned it up and took pic's of all the custom work with my machinist cell phone, I could only guess he spelled my e-mail wrong! I never received them...got to get up with him in the a.m. and try this again...I know the itch is killing you but hang tight, I'll lay them all out as soon as I get them!

ask anybody who knows me...I'll get it for you!
__________________
-T&L BOYZ-HORSHAM RC-Blue Diamond-Critters-M.B.R.C.-LCRC-
Jackson R/C*2 Solar Avenue Jackson, NJ 08527*
I survived The 24 Herues Du Jackson 2010 :.]
-- KITCHEN will return --
Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #5991
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Aptos/Mass
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Yes, I've been making some progress on the rules. I apologize that they haven't been released yet. I'm trying to tackle many issues that I think are very important, this being one of them, but it's tough to balance it all at once. Just to put one issue to rest, there's no validity to the rumor that ROAR will not allow the wider rear tires. I think the wide tires are a positive development for the class in providing enough traction for the rear of the cars, which have always had a degree of over-steer and rear tire degradation, that they're finally a little easier to dial in.
cool, is there a predicted timeline in mind or still not known?
RCnut4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:05 PM   #5992
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
Done! I should get it in a few days.
That's a fantastic looking GT Warrior body!

Thank you very much for sharing it with all of us, all the best to you!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:18 AM   #5993
Tech Champion
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the kind words guys. Larry who is Kustom RC Graphics did it for me. He has a thread in the Paint section. He is phenomenal with an airbrush.
__________________
T-Sal
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:22 AM   #5994
Tech Addict
 
WildBillMassey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Bay Ontario Canada
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
I think I've got this handled. I can order Kyosho parts direct from them through the hobby shop that I work at on weekends. I have built many of electric and nitro cars and got this project under control.
One minute you are asking everyone to get along, then when someone has a suggestion, this is how you respond.
__________________
Former owner of The Nitro Pit and IGT Hobbies
Now living in the Great White North.

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey
WildBillMassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #5995
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 442
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
I really hope that some day I can inspire all the "factions" that are developing in the GT community to come together under the same "banner" and advance this class for what it is - a FUN, and very cost effective way to compete without introducing all the costs associated with the classes from which some of our drivers have come. These are SUCH cool cars, and I KNOW that if everyone were to meet under different circumstances, we'd all have a great time throwing back a beer and bench racing until the wee hours of the morning. The common denominator is the GT class, and we all gravitated to it for many of the same reasons. If we could all find it within ourselves to withhold a negative comment here and there and stay focused on what this should be about, which is to have a hell of a lot of fun with a bunch of people that share a common interest, it will start looking like a hobby that we're supposed enjoy. Let's leave the infighting to the classes where they forgot LONG AGO that it's supposed to be fun. ;o)

Gashuffer - that's one of the best looking GT bodies I've ever seen. I never thought blue and green could go together that well. That's a talented painter.
Thanks Steve, I really think that is what everyone wants!
williamw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:43 AM   #5996
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,405
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillMassey View Post
One minute you are asking everyone to get along, then when someone has a suggestion, this is how you respond.
Like I stated, I've got this project under control. This was a conversation between myself and jrz93, bouncing ideas off each other since he was doing the same thing. We have not really gotten along for quite some time so I don't understand why all of a sudden, you want to try to give me helpful advice/information.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #5997
Tech Addict
 
WildBillMassey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Bay Ontario Canada
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Like I stated, I've got this project under control. This was a conversation between myself and jrz93, bouncing ideas off each other since he was doing the same thing. We have not really gotten along for quite some time so I don't understand why all of a sudden, you want to try to give me helpful advice/information.
Its called letting bygones be bygones, I guess you are not interested. So be it. I tried.
__________________
Former owner of The Nitro Pit and IGT Hobbies
Now living in the Great White North.

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey
WildBillMassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #5998
Tech Elite
 
jrz93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,873
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Jlock I will post some pics as soon as I figure out whu rctech says that my cameras files are too large??? I use the 777 rear shocks and gt1 front shocks as my setup w battery and motor are in the rear carrying most of the weight
__________________
---NEMO RACING USA--BULLITT--BETA TIRES--CRITTERS HOBBYSHOP--HOBBYWING--TRINITY--TOBAMEISTER PAINT--NYRT--GMK Supply--
--Critters Raceway--Barnstormers Raceway--360v2 Raceway
jrz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:50 AM   #5999
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,405
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrz93 View Post
Jlock I will post some pics as soon as I figure out whu rctech says that my cameras files are too large??? I use the 777 rear shocks and gt1 front shocks as my setup w battery and motor are in the rear carrying most of the weight
Cool deal. When I get a chance, I will post some pics of my car. It looks good with the original RTR red Ferrari body on it.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #6000
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Steve, we're glad to hear from you even if it isn't what we want to hear yet. I hope you can have us something soon, even if it needs to be fine tuned as time goes on. Thanks for listening and hope to hear that the rules are in place soon.
__________________
People spend their lives worrying about death. I'm sliding in broadside h ollering "Wow, what a ride"
spooky 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro Off-Road 5 03-20-2012 11:03 AM
JRX-S based 4wd buggy?? Why was the idea scrapped? cpatel529 Electric Off-Road 33 12-08-2007 06:19 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-26-2006 11:40 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 13 09-30-2006 10:31 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 03-21-2006 01:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:54 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net