GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Live RC coverage is being provided by Kyosho America, audio and video should be up and running this Friday morning.

Mike Myers will be covering all the racing action for RC Car Magazine, so expect some great pictures for all to enjoy, I can’t wait!
Old 04-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Finland track looks every bit as nice. Mika - How are those raised berms made on the inside corners of the turns?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

They're made of concrete so hitting them will give a nice air ... or at least scratch the chassis so better not not hit 'em
Old 04-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

OK, finally the weather was warm enough and sunshine so I decided to break-in my GX28R. It was a positive surprise, it started easily and kept on going nicely. No driving on the ground yet, but looking good definitely. The pipe gives a nice sound, not too loud compared to race pipes.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Bummer! I was glueing my first set of V-slick tires.. I prepared the rims with sanding paper and put duck tape around the tire but then forgot to put the double sided tape to hold the insert before glueing...then it was too late of course. Hope the foam won't move too much because of this... Or do you think have no use for this pair ?
Old 04-16-2008, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jspeed,

That setup that you gave me a couple of months back works like a charm. I have used it at Bvoltz Bass Pro Series races (2 of them) and it has my car hooked up on the track (which can be tight for these big cars). It does help that I am using the OFNA McLaren body which has a low, sleek profile as compared to the BMW body. Thanks for the tips.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

That's cool JLock, it worked good for me too at the Kyosho US Open last weekend, it's dialed.

Please give my best to Barry too

Last edited by Jspeed; 04-16-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
That's cool JLock, it worked good for me too at the Kyosho US Open last weekend, it's dialed.

Please give my best to Barry too
Jspeed,

I did vary from it a little to suit my driving skills (OFNA tires instead of Kyosho and 30K oil in the rear instead of 10K). My was pretty much dialed for the track that was set up but my brakes faded badly as the raceday progressed. Guess I need to upgrade that very, very soon.

I will give my best to Barry whenever I can get him to call me.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

he guys are using 100K diff oil in the front & 30K out back too.

I might try it next time out.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Jspeed,

I did vary from it a little to suit my driving skills (OFNA tires instead of Kyosho and 30K oil in the rear instead of 10K). My was pretty much dialed for the track that was set up but my brakes faded badly as the raceday progressed. Guess I need to upgrade that very, very soon.

I will give my best to Barry whenever I can get him to call me.
I used some of the truggy brake pads and the sp rotor (same setup as my touring car) the stock brakes are horrible.. I would set them and have full lock and maybe 5 turns later I would be braking halfway down the straight just to make the sweeper no matter how hard I cranked on my KO 2368 servo, it just wouldn't put enough pressure to slow this monster down.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Just passing info !
I picked up a set of Twister tires for the buggys while at the U.S.Open
and had a extra day off of work so i raised the wrx subaru body and put the Twister tires on the IGT
and ran it rally style on my farm jumping hills and racing paths through the hay it really did killer as a rally car.
So it looks like i will be building a rally track at my farm for a few of my local buddys .
Thought yall would like to know the info.
later
Jeff
Blowin Smoke BBQ
Old 04-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Finally! Driving outside... GREAT!!! It was cold but we kept on smiling...

(I'm the one with the red car ) Photos by Boltsi (C)

Last edited by MikaR; 04-18-2008 at 04:06 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Big Jeff,

On-Road wet or dry, dirt oval or rally off-road. the Kyosho Inferno GT can do it all!

MikaR,

Let the good times roll!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Jspeed,

That setup that you gave me a couple of months back works like a charm. I have used it at Bvoltz Bass Pro Series races (2 of them) and it has my car hooked up on the track (which can be tight for these big cars). It does help that I am using the OFNA McLaren body which has a low, sleek profile as compared to the BMW body. Thanks for the tips.

I'm especailly going to need ANY help I can get when I face all of the pro IGT drivers in Memphis later this summer.. Those guys are so fast, I pee a little whenever I think about racing with them.
Exactly!!
Old 04-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Hey folks, anyone know where the GRP rally tires went? It seems that GRP's website doesn't list them anymore.

I did find this on Team Losi's site:

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...dId=LOSA17768B

The 1/8 Rally buggy tire features a reformulated blue compound developed for optimum performance by Losi engineers in conjunction with GRP. Each tire utilizes a custom molded insert, which provides even response and greater use of the full tread pattern. GRP’s innovative gluing process ensures that the mounted tires stick to the White Losi high performance wheels under the harshest of conditions.
Features

* Reformulated Blue compound developed for optimum performance on multiple surfaces
* Custom molded insert utilizes even response over entire tread pattern
* Mounted on White spoke high performance wheels
* GRP's innovative gluing process ensures securely mounted tires

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.