R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #5776
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
So will the Corvette fit the 1/7 Ofna better?
It fits better, but it just a tad short for the 1/7 I think.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #5777

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to snrscion Send a message via Yahoo to snrscion

OFNA DM1 PRO 1/7 387MM
OFNA DM1 SPEC 330MM
OFNA ULTRA GTP2 324MM
kYOSHO GT2 360MM

So to answer your question no the Kyosho Vette will not fit the OFNA 1/7.
snrscion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #5778

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to snrscion Send a message via Yahoo to snrscion

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipnet View Post
It fits better, but it just a tad short for the 1/7 I think.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

it 27mm longer than the Kyosho which is about and 1".
snrscion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #5779
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrscion View Post
it 27mm longer than the Kyosho which is about and 1".
Thanks for the info. I wish there were more licensed lids for the GT's with unmolded wheel wells. But I guess the scale look depends on wheelbase.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #5780
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Body fitment

I have converted offroad buggy for 1/8GT.

Because I was concerned about the body fitting over the taller rear offroad shock towers, I use the Kyosho BMW M3 body. However, I noticed that once the car is lowered, the shock towers really don't stick out too high relative to the rear tires. Although, I know some bodies may not fit, I am wondering if some like the Kyosho Ferrari, Corvette, or Aston Martin will because it has space under the sloping rear window. Also would the Protoform PF8 fit as well?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:31 AM   #5781
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Been reading thru the last 15 pages or so of this GT forum and did have a question and comment. I have the DM-1 Spec and have been working out a few set up issues with mainly my motor and suspension. After 2 months with the kit I think I have it where I feel comfortable with everything except the clutch bell issue. On the Kyosho clutch bell part # VS058, do the OFNA pinions fit or would I need to run the Kyosho ones? In regards, to the INS Box Filter, I noticed a definite difference in better run time and performance on my 1/10 200mm Xray NT1 so I've been running one on my DM 1 since I purchased it. I just haven't been able to have a good run due to issues with the carb on my Picco .28 and a few other gremlins. I have since resolved the problems and plan on testing this weekend along with several other changes to the kit.

Regards,

D
SWEEP Tires
Speyederjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #5782
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It depends on how you are going to mount the body. I have a buggy converted with no GT parts. I'm using the rear wing mount and a truck front shock tower with the original body mount for the truck body, car is a Kyosho 777. The Subaru body works well, but the Protoform does not. All the new racing bodies are slammed pretty low. My car is setup like a rally car, so the ride height is probably twice as high as a GT car, but the bottom of the body is even with the chassis, as low as you would want to mount it.

williamw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #5783
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamw View Post
It depends on how you are going to mount the body. I have a buggy converted with no GT parts. I'm using the rear wing mount and a truck front shock tower with the original body mount for the truck body, car is a Kyosho 777. The Subaru body works well, but the Protoform does not. All the new racing bodies are slammed pretty low. My car is setup like a rally car, so the ride height is probably twice as high as a GT car, but the bottom of the body is even with the chassis, as low as you would want to mount it.

Thanks for your comment. However, I think your truck chassis is more extreme than my buggy. I was able to adapt the Kyosho IGT front and rear body mounts onto my shock towers so the pre-drilled body holes on the Kyosho bodies fit perfectly.

As you said, many bodies are slammed like the OFNA Mercedes GTR so I doubt bodies like that would ever fit. I'm just wondering if bodies like the Ferrari 430 with its sloping rear window would have room to cover my rear shock towers after the car has been lowered. My buggy is set to have 8mm ride height in the rear and about 6.5mm ride height in the front so the chassis is pretty slammed also.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #5784
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Thanks for your comment. However, I think your truck chassis is more extreme than my buggy. I was able to adapt the Kyosho IGT front and rear body mounts onto my shock towers so the pre-drilled body holes on the Kyosho bodies fit perfectly.

As you said, many bodies are slammed like the OFNA Mercedes GTR so I doubt bodies like that would ever fit. I'm just wondering if bodies like the Ferrari 430 with its sloping rear window would have room to cover my rear shock towers after the car has been lowered. My buggy is set to have 8mm ride height in the rear and about 6.5mm ride height in the front so the chassis is pretty slammed also.
Its not a truck chassis, it just has a truck front shock tower because I did not want to fabricate anything. If your front mounts are even with the top of the shock tower, the rear will probably clear, all of the bodies including the ferrari and the PF8. They have a lot of height at the rear.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #5785
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamw View Post
Its not a truck chassis, it just has a truck front shock tower because I did not want to fabricate anything. If your front mounts are even with the top of the shock tower, the rear will probably clear, all of the bodies including the ferrari and the PF8. They have a lot of height at the rear.
Thanks.

I found this picture in the OFNA site. The picture says it all. The rear shows gobs of room in the body relative to the short GTP2 rear shock tower so I guess it will fit my buggy shock tower.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #5786
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question for all of the Kyosho owners out there. Where are you getting parts on-line. I normally get my parts from my LHS, but due to a situation I can't go that route. I am looking for the option shocks and it seems like either the shops are out of stock or want more than the "normal" range (ie: $68+ per set).

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #5787
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish View Post
Question for all of the Kyosho owners out there. Where are you getting parts on-line. I normally get my parts from my LHS, but due to a situation I can't go that route. I am looking for the option shocks and it seems like either the shops are out of stock or want more than the "normal" range (ie: $68+ per set).
u have PM
*1speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #5788
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar

Quote:
Klunk stop and Amain.
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:48 AM   #5789
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Thanks.

I found this picture in the OFNA site. The picture says it all. The rear shows gobs of room in the body relative to the short GTP2 rear shock tower so I guess it will fit my buggy shock tower.

Is that the new GTP 2E?
Old 04-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #5790
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
I use igthobbies for all my parts and options. Bill can get most anything you need and has actual race experience.