R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #5461
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YANMAN View Post
Are you really kidding me? We want to grow this class!! Open is open. In Dallas one car had a graphite chassis I know of. Another was running a $700.00 Murnan Mod Flash .21. We dont have enough people to worry about Spec, open, anything. If someone shows up to race this class I am sure no one will care as long as the car is a converted 1.8 buggy and does not have a centex clutch. Well maybe you will JLock, but you will be the only one.
Actually, all that is covered in the established rules as far as chassis, clutches and bodies for the open class. But, just to let you know, the open class does allow for 8th scale offroad conversion like the RC8 B & T, Losi 2.0 B & T, or any other brand offroad buggy/truggy conversion or chassis mod (including the Max Velocity conversion). The only thing is that any aftermarket parts used must be commercial for all to obtain (not from your buddy's CNC machine that only you can get). There are no engine restrictions or pipe restrictions but all of what I just stated is covered in "those cumbersome rules" that the SWCS has for GT.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #5462
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Here is a pit video from SWCS Race #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yli25U8OB8

Last edited by bassman2; 04-01-2011 at 08:08 PM.
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #5463
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Actually, all that is covered in the established rules as far as chassis, clutches and bodies for the open class. But, just to let you know, the open class does allow for 8th scale offroad conversion like the RC8 B & T, Losi 2.0 B & T, or any other brand offroad buggy/truggy conversion or chassis mod (including the Max Velocity conversion). The only thing is that any aftermarket parts used must be commercial for all to obtain (not from your buddy's CNC machine that only you can get). There are no engine restrictions or pipe restrictions but all of what I just stated is covered in "those cumbersome rules" that the SWCS has for GT.
Dude, all I am trying to say is bring what you have and we will let you run. These rules are nice if you have a car count of 20 or so cars, but with a car count of 9 cars, I think we can let some rules slide a bit. We need car count. Bring what you have and have fun!!!! I even think most would not care if someone showed up with a 1.8 buggy and put on on-road tires to run with the class. Lets get this class big and support fun and lets try and get the car count up!!
YANMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:22 AM   #5464
Tech Elite

If I may be as bold as to interject some reasoning to this latest round of “tit for tat” about rules vs. no rules, here are my observations based several years of GT racing dating prior to the existence of page #1 of this GT forum thread…..

If a GT “gathering” is merely intended as an opportunity for enthusiasts to congregate together to share the common interest in GT cars, that’s fine and should be respected by all of us for what they are.

It should also be understood that the more seasoned GT racer does expect well defined event rules structures that offer opportunities of personal achievement and fun during all out GT racing "competitions".

There are huge differences between organizing GT racing "competitions" and GT "gatherings". While both types of GT “reunions” do have their place and merits for the growth of interest in GT cars; organizers and attendees should realize what the desired goal of the event actually is or what to expect upon arrival to it.

In regards to the SWCS GT rules debate going on here right now, the series “GT class” racing rules were established several years ago by “Jlock”, at the expressed request of the Southwest State Series Race Directors.

Juan Blaylock is the true founder of the Texas GT racing scene and deserves a little more gratitude than has been shown in recent posts. Just something to think about…….

Hope to race with all of you next October at the 2011 Ipanema Sports US GT National Championships.

To visit racesite click here.

All the best, have fun!

Last edited by Jspeed; 04-02-2011 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Add Event Pic & Link
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:46 AM   #5465
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
If I may be as bold as to interject some reasoning to this latest round of “tit for tat” about rules vs. no rules, here are my observations based several years of GT racing dating prior to the existence of page #1 of this GT forum thread…..

If a GT “gathering” is merely intended as an opportunity for enthusiasts to congregate together to share the common interest in GT cars, that’s fine and should be respected by all of us for what they are.

It should also be understood that the more seasoned GT racer does expect well defined event rules structures that offer opportunities of personal achievement and fun during all out GT racing "competitions".

There are huge differences between organizing GT racing "competitions" and GT "gatherings". While both types of GT “reunions” do have their place and merits for the growth of interest in GT cars; organizers and attendees should realize what the desired goal of the event actually is or what to expect upon arrival to it.

In regards to the SWCS GT rules debate going on here right now, the series “GT class” racing rules were established several years ago by “Jlock”, at the expressed request of the Southwest State Series Race Directors.

Juan Blaylock is the true founder of the Texas GT racing scene and deserves a little more gratitude than has been shown in recent posts. Just something to think about…….
C-ya at the races!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #5466
Tech Elite

Here is an exert from a SWCS newsletter that was emailed to me on 2/9/09, written by Roger Bourland, in regards to the GT class for the SWCS:

You asked for it and we listened. This is the fastest growing class in the country! We are going to kick off this season offering this class as a SPEC Class. Later in this newsletter you will find the rules that have been adopted for the inaugural season for this exciting class. On behalf of the SWCS Committee, I want to extend a BIG Thank You to Juan Blaylock for doing the research and providing the basis for the rules that we are starting this class with. If you have.........

As further proof to back up Jspeed, see the attached PDF file of the first newsletter from February 2009. The rules in the newsletter were for the Spec class but rules for the Open class submitted at the same time and the Open class cars were run along with the Spec cars LeMans-style at the races.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SWCS_2009_-_Vol_1[1].pdf (94.2 KB, 62 views)
Old 04-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #5467
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit-racer View Post
C-ya at the races!
Yes REALLY!

“On behalf of the SWCS Committee, I want to extend a BIG Thank You to Juan Blaylock for doing the research and providing the basis for the rules that we are starting this class with”.

Roger Bourland

Now all lets get back to reality.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #5468
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Here is an exert from a SWCS newsletter that was emailed to me on 2/9/09, written by Roger Bourland, in regards to the GT class for the SWCS:

As further proof to back up Jspeed, see the attached PDF file of the first newsletter from February 2009. The rules in the newsletter were for the Spec class but rules for the Open class submitted at the same time and the Open class cars were run along with the Spec cars LeMans-style at the races.
I have to admit you are a good secretary. The year is 2011 and we are moving forward, not back. If you want to build this class stay on the bus, if you want to live in the past get off.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:28 AM   #5469
Tech Elite

As further proof, here are the points standings from the first two race of 2009 for the GT class:

2009 Southwest Championship Series
1/8 GT Spec/ Open Race 1 Race 2 Race 3 Race 4 Race 5 Race 6 Raw Total Total w/Drops
DFW DFW DFW HOU HOU HOU
Spec
1 Juan Blaylock 50 50 0 0 0 0 100 100
2 John Cooper 48 48 0 0 0 0 96 96

Open
1 Jorge Pons 50 50 50 0 0 0 150 150
2 Arif Vad 48 0 0 0 0 0 48 48
3 Dee Ross 47 0 0 0 0 0 47 47
Old 04-02-2011, 06:30 AM   #5470
Tech Elite

Dude,

I know its hard for you, but try to show the man & SWCS some respect.
You're wrong, it is proven for all to see, move on. NEXT!

See your azz at the races
Old 04-02-2011, 06:32 AM   #5471
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yes REALLY!

“On behalf of the SWCS Committee, I want to extend a BIG Thank You to Juan Blaylock for doing the research and providing the basis for the rules that we are starting this class with”.

Roger Bourland

Now all lets get back to reality.
In 2009! Move forward ... Adelántese
Old 04-02-2011, 06:34 AM   #5472
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit-racer View Post
I have to admit you are a good secretary. The year is 2011 and we are moving forward, not back. If you want to build this class stay on the bus, if you want to live in the past get off.
The class was already built and established with the SWCS long before you knew about GT cars. You guys are just hopping on the bus. But, you fail to realize that you are not the driver of the bus, the SWCS committee is. Just remember, if you cause too much of a ruckus, the driver can stop the bus and ask you to get off. This is more than about you guys and GT racing. It is great that IGT Hobbies is sponsoring the class, but it is the SWCS that runs the show.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #5473
Tech Elite

We gonna start calling this guy....

"Alwaysgottatrytogetthelastwordinpit"

Last edited by Jspeed; 04-02-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #5474
Tech Elite

Quote:
Dude,

I know its hard for you, but try to show the man & SWCS some respect.
You're wrong, it is proven for all to see, move on. NEXT!

See your azz at the races
Just for you Jeffry ...
Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-ruleslawyer.gif  
Old 04-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #5475
Tech Elite

Whatever...... alwaysgottatrytogetthelastwordinpit.

Later!