Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Livewire121
I've used sugar and water in a spray bottle, you'll have to re-apply it between rounds though. And when we've been without a spray bottle we've used 2 litre bottles of Sprite.

Thanks man, im looking for a more permanent product ...

thanks !
Old 03-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Hey Pato,

a Short chassis R-2 ? Yours I guess ? Looking good!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Guys i need help here.

I need some tips about products to improve traction on asphalt. I remember watching pics and videos of a semi-permanent parking lot track in USA with GT Cars and some very black paint/emulsion was droped on asphalt but i cant find the pics again, the idea is to improve a track traction suitable for rubber and foam racing ...

Any tip will help,

thanks,
Pato,

Ever wonder why 1/5 scale on-road racers don't attend racing at events where they spray down the track with too much gunk?

Contact Frank Killiam of VS Modelsports, he can shed light upon the topic for you.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by -R2-
If you have a video fo your OFNA ride on Youtube please send me the link so I can review and maybe post it on our OFNAfan.com website. We wanna have bashers,crashers and racers in their OFNA's tearing it up. Bring it, Titans, DM-1's, GTP's, Dominators, Pirates or even old school Colts if you got a vid send it to me at [email protected].

R2,

Here are a few vids of some 1/8th GT racing action @ Hobbytown USA in Austin, Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-gAe...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nk-i...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSn1v...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwCci...eature=related

Regards,

Speyederjedi
Old 03-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks man, im looking for a more permanent product ...

thanks !
What you need on your track is a rubber groove.

When we had our group of 25+ GT cars racing on our home track, you could feel the rubber on the track surface with your hands. Grip was so good that the 1/8 scale & 200mm guys loved it. They all ran much harder than usual.

Nothing beats a real rubber groove., Nothing
Old 03-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Pato,

Another thing you can do for a track with low traction is drag real car tires around it. A lot of the big tracks have been doing that for years. Contact the guys of Red Cup Racing on the "Winternats" page, maybe they can help you more.

Rubber is your friend, gunk is not.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jspeed

When we had our group of 25+ GT cars racing on our home track, you could feel the rubber on the track surface with your hands. Grip was so good that the 1/8 scale & 200mm guys loved it. They all ran much harder than usual.

+1

I agree with Jspeed! Best thing is to blow off the asphalt surface really well with a leaf blower and get as many racers to run a groove/line into the track during practice. As the rounds of qualifiers progress the track will continue to get better with the build up of foam/rubber in the groove/line (obviously this works even better in warmer weather). You can spray traction compound or some kind of sugar water/soda but too much can create a glaze on the track and tires. Just my opinion.

Regards,

Speyederjedi
Old 03-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

THAT IS WHAT IM LOOKING FOR MAN !! ... any idea on products to use ? We dont have much GT racers to really rubbber the track USING it ...

Old 03-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikaR
Hey Pato,

a Short chassis R-2 ? Yours I guess ? Looking good!

Thanks for your words MikaR, yes thats the Alpha RC R2 body for 330mm or so based chassis, perfect fit on GTP2-E and DM1-Spec along with Inferno GT (the short one) ... very nice handling and superb rear downforce with a nice "Peugeot RCZ feel"

cya !
Old 03-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Pato,

Another thing you can do for a track with low traction is drag real car tires around it. A lot of the big tracks have been doing that for years. Contact the guys of Red Cup Racing on the "Winternats" page, maybe they can help you more.

Rubber is your friend, gunk is not.
THAT IS WHAT IM LOOKING FOR MAN !! ... any idea on products to use ? We dont have much GT racers to really rubbber the track USING it ...

Tabushi,

Like Pato said...drag REAL car tires around the track to get some real rubber into the line.

Regards,

Speyederjedi
Old 03-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Speyederjedi

he's the "Pato"n not me, lol

Pato, dragging real car rubber tires is the best thing you can do, once you spray or bury the track surface with gunky stuff, you'll ruin it.

But don't take my word on it, contact Frank Killiam and see what he says to you about it.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Speyederjedi

Pato, dragging real car rubber tires is the best thing you can do, once you spray or bury the track surface with gunky stuff, you'll ruin it.

But don't take my word on it, contact Frank Killiam and see what he says to you about it.

thanks man, any email ?

Old 03-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Speyederjedi

Oops!

My bad...that's what happens when you're at work trying to multi-task. LOL!

Speyederjedi
Old 03-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Its all good.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

thanks man, any email ?

I think you can still reach him at ROAR, he's the 1/5 scale guy, tell him I said hello.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-brazilian-ipanema-gt-warrior-winner-2011.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-brazilian-ipanema-gt-warriors-2011.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-brazilian-pink-ipanema-gt-warrior-2011.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-brazilian-ipanema-gt-warriors-2011-2.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-brazilian-ipanema-gt-warrior-2011.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.