Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 03-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Sorry dude, this was what was sold under the Hot Bodies name. Here is a link of the car as sold by Stormer Hobbies:

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...0&showbig=6809

I can see where you would say that it is an OFNA but unless OFNA made it for them, you have to assume that this is a HPI/HB produced product. However, as you can see, it was out long before the current crop of cars that we are currently running. It was put out right after OFNA came out with their Ultra GTP 1 but neither caught on back in their day.
OFNA didn't make the car their manufacturer Hong Nor did. The Lightnings were nothing more than Hong Nor made cars with a Hot Bodies label.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Sorry dude, this was what was sold under the Hot Bodies name. Here is a link of the car as sold by Stormer Hobbies:

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...0&showbig=6809

I can see where you would say that it is an OFNA but unless OFNA made it for them, you have to assume that this is a HPI/HB produced product. However, as you can see, it was out long before the current crop of cars that we are currently running. It was put out right after OFNA came out with their Ultra GTP 1 but neither caught on back in their day.
that car look sweet ...i hope they get back in the game...earlier speaking of roar, i wonder will ofna & kyosho going to do update or new designs for these after the rules set, these cars pushing 5yrs or more
Old 03-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
What pipe do people prefer on the LRP Spec 3 .28?

I'm gonna be breaking in a Losi 454 in my DM-1 soon, and would like to have a JP-2.. Back in the day I had an LRP in my Muggy, and based on research in forums I went with the JP-2.. And it was great - though the combo was quite thirsty..

How does the Tsais T32/36 compare, or are there others worth considering?

I currently have a JP-4, and from what I have seen of it on the Mach I have in the DM-1 now, I'm not impressed... I switched to the stock Losi RTR pipe from my Muggy last weekend, and it was better. But I think for these GT cars you need the most power in the mid-range.. Low-range with a 28 is no problem, and top-end is not important unless you have a quarter-mile to run on. So I want a big booming mid-range.. I know the JP-2 delivers that. Just wondering if there are others... Thanks..
I run the LRP and did NOT like the JP4 at all, I can look tonight what pipe I run, I think it's a 086 Ofna. Also another guy runs the LRP and borrowed my normal pipe and liked it a little better than the JP3. just mu $.02
Old 03-09-2011, 01:53 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
OFNA didn't make the car their manufacturer Hong Nor did. The Lightnings were nothing more than Hong Nor made cars with a Hot Bodies label.
I don't know where you got your info but Hong Nor never made that car.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcsquish
I run the LRP and did NOT like the JP4 at all, I can look tonight what pipe I run, I think it's a 086 Ofna. Also another guy runs the LRP and borrowed my normal pipe and liked it a little better than the JP3. just mu $.02
I tried all my 1/8 pipes on the LRP and what worked best for me is the THS8015 pipe and header. I have these in stock. The header will clear the bulkhead on the OFNA car. This is a great pipe.

Lee
Old 03-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If any of you GT8 racers want to race in a Texas tradition come out to the Texas Biggie MAY 27-28-29 @ RCRCNT - Rendon, TX GT8 class sponsored by igthobbies
Old 03-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

JP-3 is great for that engine.I have one forsale in the forsale thread.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Cool picture of some of our GT racing brothers in Brazil.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

I just received a pack of pics from APERCAR (peruvian asociation) with some mixed pictures from saturday and sunday racing/qualifyings of "Copa del Pacifico", hope you like them it shows how great the track was i really wish some of you guys from USA come down to Peru next February 2012 for nice GT Racing :

cya !
Old 03-10-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tabushi
I just received a pack of pics from APERCAR (peruvian asociation) with some mixed pictures from saturday and sunday racing/qualifyings of "Copa del Pacifico", hope you like them it shows how great the track was i really wish some of you guys from USA come down to Peru next February 2012 for nice GT Racing :

cya !
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

These are some awesome action shots! Thanks.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Guys i need help here.

I need some tips about products to improve traction on asphalt. I remember watching pics and videos of a semi-permanent parking lot track in USA with GT Cars and some very black paint/emulsion was droped on asphalt but i cant find the pics again, the idea is to improve a track traction suitable for rubber and foam racing ...

Any tip will help,

thanks,
Old 03-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Guys i need help here.

I need some tips about products to improve traction on asphalt. I remember watching pics and videos of a semi-permanent parking lot track in USA with GT Cars and some very black paint/emulsion was droped on asphalt but i cant find the pics again, the idea is to improve a track traction suitable for rubber and foam racing ...

Any tip will help,

thanks,
I've used sugar and water in a spray bottle, you'll have to re-apply it between rounds though. And when we've been without a spray bottle we've used 2 litre bottles of Sprite.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Our track uses generac brand Grape Soda. Grape soda for some reason is really sticky compared to other sodas. Plus it smells really good.

They spray it on with a pesticide pump sprayer you can get at Lowes or Home Depot. Before spraying they blow the area off with a leaf blower. They only spray once before the races, and seems to last through the day.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Guys i need help here.

Any tip will help,

thanks,
we use grape soda, seem to work very well for traction

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.