R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-04-2011, 06:34 AM   #5176
Tech Initiate

is the dm-1 really that better than a gtp2, i just use it for parking lot drag racing.
elcaliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #5177
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcaliche View Post
is the dm-1 really that better than a gtp2, i just use it for parking lot drag racing.
(EDIT AFTER POST) Opps... I saw is dm-1 better then the gt2 and I went with it. As for the DM-1 vs GTP2 Im not sure. I have the GTP2e and like it better them my Kyosho GT2. For bashing go with the GTP2 and have fun!!!

You can get the DM-1 for $329 and have all the upgrades, our you can get the GT-2 $429 (toss the stock motor) and sink $$$ into it like I did to have the same upgrades as the DM-1
GT-2 Upgrades Aluminum Shock Towers $70 for Both
Front and Rear Sway Bars $25
Upgraded 2 Speed Transmission $70
Aluminum Shocks Front and Back $90
Front and Rear Universal $80
Upgraded Breaks $30
Upgraded Bumper $15
All other Upgrades are just because I wanted it and are not what the DM-1 will come with.

Here is my GT-2 after $$$ spent and when I look back I just should have got the DM-1

Losi SCTE
Spektrum DX3r Pro

Last edited by treborwd22; 03-04-2011 at 08:35 AM.
treborwd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #5178
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman2 View Post
Its probably a wise thing to wait until ROAR rules come out for our GTs then Serpent can fine tune the final product according the rules prior of release.
I think this class is pretty much on hold until the rules are released. I'm interested in seeing what they will rule on the scale/wheelbase issue. This alone can render some cars obsolete because it will determine which car will have future products developed for it.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #5179
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
I think this class is pretty much on hold until the rules are released. I'm interested in seeing what they will rule on the scale/wheelbase issue. This alone can render some cars obsolete because it will determine which car will have future products developed for it.
The class is not on hold as you state. It is florishing in pockets around the US as well as in Mexico and South America. It is just a matter of running under some of the rules that are currently out there or do you want to wait for rules from one of the sanctioning organizations which may or may not help the class.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #5180
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here are my views:
There are GT racing rules in every part of the country where tracks are racing these cars.
The design of the cars has been stable to the point that the rules being followed by club, regional, national and international races have very few differences.
The rules have been refined without mandating any manufacturer specific design configurations. The rules base already exists!
Some racers have expressed concern over some of the body styles being raced, and hopefully we can address that issue during the 2011 season.

The 1/7 scale DM1, Kyosho GT2 and 1/8 scale DM1 Spec and Kyosho GT1 perform at the same level depending on the track configuration. There is no reason to separate them out into different classes.

If a racer has to purchase a new car because one of the above mentioned cars does not meet a 'new' set of rules, it is highly unlikely that a racer is going to invest in a 'new' car. That is an economic reality. A portion of the GT Class growth is from racers who actively race another class at events.

One thing we all need to do is to get more people interested in GT class racing and assist them in getting cars and attending racing events.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #5181
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurveTracer View Post

The rules base already exists!

One thing we all need to do is to get more people interested in GT class racing and assist them in getting cars and attending racing events.
+100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
I think this class is pretty much on hold.........
Some of us have been racing GT cars for a while....... See page #1

Like Curve Tracer said "The rules base already exists!"

Last edited by Jspeed; 03-05-2011 at 04:49 AM. Reason: add GT racer pics of Finland & the Worlds.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:18 AM   #5182
Tech Master

Cool pics, Jeff. That pic of my Kyosho Ferrari hitting the HN GTP Ultra in front is pretty cool, too

Some tuning over here..

Old 03-05-2011, 05:23 AM   #5183
Tech Elite

Looks killer Bro.

Rules? ..... we don't need no stinking rules..

Hope to run with your GT crew this summer!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:16 AM   #5184
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

3 Warrior bodies 3 trophy's...i hope to put faces to the names this summer ...
Old 03-05-2011, 06:43 AM   #5185
Tech Elite

That's Desoto, Lyday & Blaylock, they're usually putting on a show.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:53 AM   #5186
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Are you still working on the Serpent Cobra GT?
Yes, we are waiting on ROAR for the rules before finalizing the car. Otherwise, we are ready.

info@desotoracing.com, www.serpentamerica.com
jdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #5187
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Here are my views:
There are GT racing rules in every part of the country where tracks are racing these cars.
The design of the cars has been stable to the point that the rules being followed by club, regional, national and international races have very few differences.
The rules have been refined without mandating any manufacturer specific design configurations. The rules base already exists!
Some racers have expressed concern over some of the body styles being raced, and hopefully we can address that issue during the 2011 season.

The 1/7 scale DM1, Kyosho GT2 and 1/8 scale DM1 Spec and Kyosho GT1 perform at the same level depending on the track configuration. There is no reason to separate them out into different classes.

If a racer has to purchase a new car because one of the above mentioned cars does not meet a 'new' set of rules, it is highly unlikely that a racer is going to invest in a 'new' car. That is an economic reality. A portion of the GT Class growth is from racers who actively race another class at events.

100% AGREE
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #5188
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdesoto View Post
Yes, we are waiting on ROAR for the rules before finalizing the car. Otherwise, we are ready.
OMG for real? please tell me you moved the radio plate tho<v2 plate>, so no problems with thermaling, and IM IN other wise...ill take 2!!! when do you have a eta? sux i just spent all this money for a gt2, depending on when i can have one in my hands.. only reason i ask, cause in pics ive seen like this its close, and we both know thats not gonna work..lol...

also are you gonna change the internal gearing ,diffs,etc, as its great for buggy, but will loose all the umph after 4o feet in gt even with the 2 speed, imagine it would spin out in first gear with the 4-1

http://christosolini.blogspot.com/20...otype-car.html
Old 03-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #5189
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
The 1/7 scale DM1, Kyosho GT2 and 1/8 scale DM1 Spec and Kyosho GT1 perform at the same level depending on the track configuration. There is no reason to separate them out into different classes. ......
We don't separate any of these cars into different classes based on the car chassis. We separate them based up box stock setup or all out modifications. All the Ipanema races are done that way; open to all chassis designs, body manufacturers and tire manufactures.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #5190
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
The class is not on hold as you state. It is florishing in pockets around the US as well as in Mexico and South America. It is just a matter of running under some of the rules that are currently out there or do you want to wait for rules from one of the sanctioning organizations which may or may not help the class.
Its nice to see that it does flourish in those pockets in North and South America which is why this thread is still alive. However in Southern California, this class is almost non-existant. There was some interested in electric GT primarily through efforts of the OFNA guys promoting their GTP2e but turnouts for that has also been spotty at the club level.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote