R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #5116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not the video, the back and forth about the hack/non-hack was the point of my previous post. I guess I should have stated that in the post so you guys would know what I saw as a distraction to the GT discussion. Posting videos of GT racing is great, splitting each other's wig about trivial things based upon personal differences detracts from the GT discussion.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #5117
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit-racer View Post
Beautiful car you have there, sorry about the snow. Here in Texas it has been sunny. I'll box some up and send it your way.
LOL !! Made me smile big time.. thanks
(I do love hockey too so winter is relatively ok; go coyotes go)

In fact I've always liked the Ferrari since it first came out. So I'm happy to have this one in my garage even I'm not racing with it. I bought the body from a guy in the U.S. thru the IGT forum, he made a fantastic job painting it. Cheap chinese tires complete the package nicely. Hope the box of sun arrives soon so I can start playing with it
Old 02-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #5118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
Hey, if you don't mind my asking... I have a new DM-1 here. I currently have an old Mach 427 in it, and like what I've seen from the four tanks I've run so far.

BUT, I have several other engine possibilities - including a 7-liter old Go GXR 5-port and a brand-new Losi 454(i.e. an LRP Spec 3..) I also have a new Jammin JPX-21... I'm not gonna be racing, but don't want to be filling my tank every four minutes either.., or, smoking a set of tires per tank... I will be running on tracks though - for fun, not organized racing..., so not parking lot bashing..

Does a 21 really have the guts for a 1/7 DM-1? Thanks...

The old mach 427 is a very nice engine if you are learning, and have good horses to move the GT Chassis.

On the other engines any of the ones you listed are OK, im a GO Engine factory driver so i would go for the GO ...

Yes, .21's (offroad ones) have the horses for 1/7 no problem.

cya !

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #5119
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hack happens during the heat of racing at times. Sometimes the RD see's it sometimes not. But if you're being lapped you should go wide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman2 View Post
Great comment Pit. 100% in agreeement!!!
Quote:
No I don't think so ... lap traffic goes a lil wide not across the track..
What this most recent discourse on this GT thread has shown is there are some racers out there that feel justified to victimize other racer’s cars during races because they think they can get away with it and don’t care about their fellow racers at events.

It’s good to see and know who these individuals are, so watch out for them, they’re hacks who have admitted that they’ll smash your cars and not feel any guilt about it at all.

Driving clean and having respect for other racers property is the best way to have fun in GT racing. Thats my personal view on the topic.

Good luck, see ya at the races!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #5120
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I can't see in your misguided remark where I say I'll drive through someone. Anyone that knows me and a lot do, say I'm one of the cleanest drivers around. But yet I can't find anyone that say anything positive about you. Please go to your lil world of being a distributor that likes spaming free advertisement wherever you post and not paying like others do.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #5121
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
What this most recent discourse on this GT thread has shown is there are some racers out there that feel justified to victimize other racerís cars during races because they think they can get away with it and donít care about their fellow racers at events.

Itís good to see and know who these individuals are, so watch out for them, theyíre hacks who have admitted that theyíll smash your cars and not feel any guilt about it at all.

Driving clean and having respect for other racers property is the best way to have fun in GT racing. Thats my personal view on the topic.

Good luck, see ya at the races!

Jeff, why you dont just shut up on this thing man ... "victimize", "watch out for them", "they will smash your cars and not feel guilt", come on !!

I recogniced and detailed what happened because this kind of things HAPPENS, ive been racing different classes onroad and offroad and you ALWAYS have different kind of contact with other cars, sometimes very hard, some times very low ... some times you are guilty sometimes not, some times race director see, some times not ...

If you try to make noise on this man, it seems you never put a finger on a race track before, never hit a car, never crashed and never unintentionally broke something on a fellow racer car because of the heat of racing ...

If you are an angel, hats off for you man, congrats you will go straight to heaven of racing while i burn on hell ...

Please, chill out and enjoy ... you know, NO ONE, NO ONE not even the guy i hit, or other guys that crashed each other discussed ANYTHING, and you 2 weeks later on a forum try to crucify and make "im an angel" comments ?, come on ! ...

Love you man, the more time i spend on the forums reading your stuff, the more i learn to not go into discussions with you lol !!,

cya ! and peace ... hopefully we will hit the track together next october in Texas, but be careful, i use this kind of solution on my GT, im preparing myself for next race, watch out ! lol ! :

cya !

Pato
Old 02-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #5122
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok everyone, time out here!!! This is what I was talking about in regards to making it personal and detracting from the GT discussion. Everyone here needs to cool it!! Pitracer, personal snipes at someone you don't know and have never met are really unnecessary. Jspeed, please, just leave the situation be; your points on the situation have been made and noted.

Now, I really don't know many of you outside of being on the forums. I watch Tabushi's original video. The other car was not driving all over the track, he was holding a good line. Tabushi's car sped up and hit the other car in the left rear quarter panel and sent that car flying off the track. A true sportsman would have stopped his car and waited for the other car to be marshalled, put back on the track, and re-take the position the other car had before the hit and then those two go and Tabushi then tries to get around cleanly (regards of racing position of the car that was knocked off the track). We all know "rubbing is racing" but it takes a lot to be a sportsman and doing the right thing on the track and towards your fellow racers.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.

Last edited by JLock; 02-22-2011 at 02:45 PM.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #5123
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
A true sportsman would have stopped his car and waited for the other car to be marshalled, put back on the track, and re-take the position the other car had before the hit and then those two go and Tabushi then tries to get around cleanly (regards of racing position of the car that was knocked off the track). We all know "rubbing is racing" but it takes a lot to be a sportsman and doing the right thing on the track and towards your fellow racers.
said well
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:37 AM   #5124
Tech Elite

Quote:
I can't see in your misguided remark where I say I'll drive through someone. Anyone that knows me and a lot do, say I'm one of the cleanest drivers around. But yet I can't find anyone that say anything positive about you. Please go to your lil world of being a distributor that likes spaming free advertisement wherever you post and not paying like others do.
Pitracer,
Nothing is free buddy.

You may not have been around so I’ll cut you some slack, but here’s just a few of the races I’ve organized over the past few years to promote R/C racing.

This doesn’t even take into consideration all of the free promotional items I’ve given away as awards at other events or the races I’ve helped organize around the world.
Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-international-fuel-challenge-2007.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-nitrofest-2007.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-nitro-beach-2008.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ipanema-world-championships-2010.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ipanema-usgt-nationals-2010.jpg  

Old 02-23-2011, 02:40 AM   #5125
Tech Elite

If you’re planning to attend the 2011 Ipanema Sports USGT Nationals, please try to respect every driver and race clean.
R/C racing is supposed to be fun for everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-ipanema-world-championships-2011.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ipanema-usgt-nationals-2011.jpg  

Last edited by Jspeed; 02-23-2011 at 03:52 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:55 AM   #5126
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
I watch Tabushi's original video. The other car was not driving all over the track, he was holding a good line.

Tabushi's car sped up and hit the other car in the left rear quarter panel and sent that car flying off the track.

A true sportsman would have stopped his car and waited for the other car to be marshalled, put back on the track, and re-take the position the other car had before the hit and then those two go and Tabushi then tries to get around cleanly (regards of racing position of the car that was knocked off the track).

We all know "rubbing is racing" but it takes a lot to be a sportsman and doing the right thing on the track and towards your fellow racers.
+1000
Exactly!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:10 AM   #5127
Tech Master

Even more "scale" & "sports" look without the wing? For drifting that is.. I know it won't work well on the track. Maybe few stickers on the side but not many.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #5128
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Even more "scale" & "sports" look without the wing? For drifting that is.. I know it won't work well on the track. Maybe few stickers on the side but not many.

Very nice, can spray painting or airbrush ?, wich brand of paint ?

cya

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Old 02-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #5129
Tech Master

I bought it painted from "ruffrider" on IGT forum Just did some minor details & finishing and trimming

edit: Promo video ;-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MOfpYpIZAU

Last edited by MikaR; 02-23-2011 at 11:42 PM.
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #5130
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
I bought it painted from "ruffrider" on IGT forum Just did some minor details & finishing and trimming

edit: Promo video ;-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MOfpYpIZAU
Can you or anybody else give me an idea for drift tires. I want to run some demos in front of the LHS and I dont want to use pvc pipe tires. Any help would be appreciated.
crazysavage is offline   Reply With Quote