Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
AMAZING JEFF !!, WHAT A TRACK !!!, good luck with the event !!

Wich its the rulebook to be used on that event ? for SPEC and OPEN classes ?

ps : - Its possible to attend for non-USA resident drivers ?, if so, any special condition ?
Congrats on you win, looks like it was a fun race, will try to make it next year.

For our 2011 USGT Nats, we follow our rules, you should know better than that, lol

You're welcome to attend any Ipanema event, to bad you can't bring your hot ride to the 2011 GT Worlds in Mexico next month.

Congrats again.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jdesoto
Congrats to Mike & Jeremy! They are great people and the track and facility is world class. See you guys there.
Looking forward to running there too.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Thanks Jspeed for making this race happen and in my backyard this time. Had fun driving to Joliet, IL for this race last year (14.5 hr drive) and it will be nice to not have to drive so far (4 hrs) to Porter, TX.
Thank you Juan, this is gonna be fun, nice place for our USGT Nationals.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Well after the ROAR Regional 9 race. If my pocketbook permits it and family first duties ... yes.
Hope you can attend our Ipanema GT Only event, it will be fun.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Classes for our GT Only event are: Spec, Open and Electric.
Ipanema Event Rules Apply.
All Nitro "A Mains" are 1 hour, we race rain or shine.
Electric GT cars will run Triple "A" Main format.
Plenty of qualifiers and monster track time for all that attend.
Oct 21-31 2011 at Mike's Hobby Shop Track, Texas USA.

In the mean time, the 2011 GT Worlds is just around the corner.

There's still time for you to attend the GT Worlds too!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Congrats on you win, looks like it was a fun race, will try to make it next year.

For our 2011 USGT Nats, we follow our rules, you should know better than that, lol

You're welcome to attend any Ipanema event, to bad you can't bring your hot ride to the 2011 GT Worlds in Mexico next month.

Congrats again.

Ohhh i saw "NATS" and i thought that maybe was something at ROAR level, but great anyway, any GT activity must be supported.

So, basically on STOCK class you have a list of engines, open tires and open bodies ?, and in OPEN Class you can race any engine, open tires, open bodies but no centax right ?

Im doing my best to promote this event with Southamerican drivers ... hope someone goes and share nitro with you guys !
Old 02-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Ohhh i saw "NATS" and i thought that maybe was something at ROAR level, but great anyway, any GT activity must be supported.

So, basically on STOCK class you have a list of engines, open tires and open bodies ?, and in OPEN Class you can race any engine, open tires, open bodies but no centax right ?

Im doing my best to promote this event with Southamerican drivers ... hope someone goes and share nitro with you guys !
Our events follow our rules, you can get a pretty good idea of the structure by visiting our 2011 GT World Championships click here for website

You still have time to attend our Worlds next month, hope you find a way to make it.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
If you want to pay my way I'll be sure to go. I race r/c in more than one class on and off road. I don't sit and wait for one race venue to run these toy cars. I do my share in promoting the GT8 class in my neck of the woods as you can see. One can see you are doing a fine job up there.
I race multiple classes, multiple cars and travel to multiple places at my expense; you can pay your own way. I have been racing and promoting this class since 2008 at a multi-regional level, what about you? Back in 2008, I helped Bvoltz organize the class and rules for GT for his Bass Pro Series in Jackson, MS which was held once a month from March to November (900 mile round trip from Dallas). In 2009, I was approached to make the rules for the class for the SWCS here in Texas that you will be running. In fact, I was the one that came to a Lonestar race (race #2, I think) in Austin in 2008 and helped introduced the GT car to you guys down there (running it between heats and between the last heat and the mains, being asked a ton of questions about the car). I helped in get Ipanema and Mikes in Porter together so that the October race could happen. So, please, don't patronize me about promoting GT racing. I have been supporting GT racing when it was deemed a "fad/phase" or not being cool/real racing. If we had weekly outdoor onroad racing in Dallas, I would be doing my part. However, our scene died out several years ago and most everyone sold off their onroad nitro stuff.

Last edited by JLock; 02-16-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you Juan, this is gonna be fun, nice place for our USGT Nationals.
No, thank you for putting this together and making it happen. Three races put on at three top-notch racing facilities, what more could you ask!!! To top that off, GT cars only, no waiting to use the track because 200mm or 8th scale Lola-bodies cars are running or getting priority over the GT cars. Add to that, long mains and being the feature (and only) cars of the racing program. Hope to see many GT racers in Porter in October.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like its gonna be hot between you two fellas at Rendon's track this weekend; no matter how cold the temps really are.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Our events follow our rules, you can get a pretty good idea of the structure by visiting our 2011 GT World Championships click here for website

You still have time to attend our Worlds next month, hope you find a way to make it.

Nice set of rules, as i can see, in Peru Copa del Pacifico the set of rules for GT is almost a clone of your OPEN CLASS ones, very nice ...
Old 02-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Nice set of rules, as i can see, in Peru Copa del Pacifico the set of rules for GT is almost a clone of your OPEN CLASS ones, very nice ...
Thanks pato, those rules have been about the same for a while. Hope to see ya in Mexico or Texas or Puerto Rico or Finland this year.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Man, can't wait to see the US GT heavy hitters (Lyday, DeSoto Jr, Paul) against the Mexican/South American heavy hitters (Ortiz if he can make it, Vabani, et al) again. Talk about some fast-paced, hard racing action when these two groups get together. Got the dates circled on my calendar and can't wait to go toe-to-toe with these guys again.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Man, can't wait to see the US GT heavy hitters (Lyday, DeSoto Jr, Paul) against the Mexican/South American heavy hitters (Ortiz if he can make it, Vabani, et al) again. Talk about some fast-paced, hard racing action when these two groups get together. Got the dates circled on my calendar and can't wait to go toe-to-toe with these guys again.
Most of us will be here.....

Old 02-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default DM-1 Pro vs DM1 Spec

Hello guys, I am thinking about buying a DM1 and wanted to know the main difference of both kits the pro vs the spec, I went to the ofna website but could not see enough info about the pro. About the weight how much more does the pro weight and also are there enough bodies out there for the pro?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.