R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-16-2011, 06:28 AM   #5011
Tech Regular

Congrats to Mike & Jeremy! They are great people and the track and facility is world class. See you guys there.

info@desotoracing.com, www.serpentamerica.com
jdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:29 AM   #5012
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If any one of you GT8 racers in or around Texas want to race, here is the SWCS race schedule.... 2011 SWCS & MAJOR RACE SCHEDULE:

FEB 19-20 Rendon / SWCS# 1
MAR 26-27 Porter / SWCS# 2
APR IFMAR 1/8 World Championship
MAY 27-28-29 Rendon / SWCS# 3 with The BIGGIE
JUN 18-19 San Antonio / SWCS# 4
JUL 22-23-24 Porter / SWCS# 5 with XRAY Challenge
AUG 20-21 San Antonio / SWCS# 6
SEP US Fuel On-Road Nationals
OCT 15-16 San Antonio / Roar Region 9 Championship
NOV 11-12-13 Porter / Gulf Coast Grand Prix

Looking forward to seeing everybody at the Races!
GT Racers ..... Come on out, we'd love to have ya!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:31 AM   #5013
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
AMAZING JEFF !!, WHAT A TRACK !!!, good luck with the event !!

Wich its the rulebook to be used on that event ? for SPEC and OPEN classes ?

ps : - Its possible to attend for non-USA resident drivers ?, if so, any special condition ?
To answer your question, basically, the same rules that Ipanema used for last year's event in Joliet are in play at this race. The only exception is that the new Novarossi 3-port engine for around $150 is now legal for the Spec class. If you want to fly up and attend, you are welcome. We had several guys from Mexico attend the Ipanema GT Nationals in Joliet, IL last year. In fact, two guys from that group took home trophies in Spec (2nd and 3rd).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:37 AM   #5014
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit-racer View Post
If any one of you GT8 racers in or around Texas want to race, here is the SWCS race schedule.... 2011 SWCS & MAJOR RACE SCHEDULE:

FEB 19-20 Rendon / SWCS# 1
MAR 26-27 Porter / SWCS# 2
APR IFMAR 1/8 World Championship
MAY 27-28-29 Rendon / SWCS# 3 with The BIGGIE
JUN 18-19 San Antonio / SWCS# 4
JUL 22-23-24 Porter / SWCS# 5 with XRAY Challenge
AUG 20-21 San Antonio / SWCS# 6
SEP US Fuel On-Road Nationals
OCT 15-16 San Antonio / Roar Region 9 Championship
NOV 11-12-13 Porter / Gulf Coast Grand Prix

Looking forward to seeing everybody at the Races!
GT Racers ..... Come on out, we'd love to have ya!
Well, now you have a big GT race that will be here in Texas in late October. Are you and any of the Austin crew planning on attending? It is for GT only cars so you don't have to split time with any 200mm touring cars or 8th scale Lola-bodies cars.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:43 AM   #5015
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Thanks Jspeed for making this race happen and in my backyard this time. Had fun driving to Joliet, IL for this race last year (14.5 hr drive) and it will be nice to not have to drive so far (4 hrs) to Porter, TX.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:47 AM   #5016
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Most of those Xray pics are from like 2007, old news, custom made parts in Europe; not factory. Spoke with "Jr" about it way back when, maybe they'll make them now.
They may be thinking about it. Got asked by an Xray guy from RC America about the types of cars, the classes, the specs, etc. He took some measurements from my GT2 to compare them with their 808 truggy. With the GT Nats in Texas this year, it could spark them to maybe complete that 2007 project. Got a great 2-speed transmission to put in it (from the RX8).
Old 02-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #5017
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipnet View Post
It's an excellent track and big enough for these big cars. They really put a lot of work in it over the last couple of years. I've watched its progress from the off-road track, but now I finally have an on-road to run on it.

Going out there today to get some video of my DM-1 as a matter of fact.

Do you know if John Cooper still has his GT car? If he does, tell him to dust that bad boy off and get some track time on it. It is looking like he will be able to run it some this year.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #5018
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Do you know if John Cooper still has his GT car? If he does, tell him to dust that bad boy off and get some track time on it. It is looking like he will be able to run it some this year.
I don't know, but I'll ask. The more the better.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:12 AM   #5019
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Well guys,

Just came from "Copa del Pacifico" event in Lima City - PERU (Southamerica). This is the 2nd bigger onroad RC event in southamerica, and this year they included GT Class in order to support the grow of this class. Very happy with my personal result (won the class) and very proud of the performance of the Alpha RC products (Body and Tires). And more proud because MY WIFE went to the event with me and pit me during the whole event on GT Class, she rocks !! (she painted my Alpha R2 body, designed and applied stickers and pit me, what else can i ask for !?).

What a beautiful track and great bunch of drivers. Track was amazing very nice straight and a lot of fun technical section on the infield.

Alpha RC had participation with 2 drivers in order to race-test the new "extra soft" and "qualifier" compounds, one with DM SPEC car (Me) and one with DM ONE (1/7) car ... and of course using 1/8 R2 body and Long Chassis R1 Body.

We found the first day of course a mix of brands of tires on the event, PMT, Ipanema's, GRP, Sweep, etc you name it and just Me and my team mate with Alpha RC . Good news for Alpha RC is that by end of the event, the full line up of A-Main drivers where using ALPHA in Ultra Soft, Soft and Medium compounds !!.

Lap times went down for the drivers who switched to Alpha RC tires and they declared to be able to brake later and enter to high speed turns later and with more speed than before, personally im very happy and proud to be part of this GT project.

Im attaching to this post a long list of pictures of GT action during the races and some pit side pics ... hope you enjoy !. And as side information, COPA DEL PACIFICIO officially added GT Class to the event, so for 2012 the event (to be held on this same track or in Ecuador, pending of desition) will have 1/10 nitro sedan and GT Classes together again.

cya !!

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085

Last edited by Tabushi; 02-16-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #5020
Tech Elite

Quote:
Well, now you have a big GT race that will be here in Texas in late October. Are you and any of the Austin crew planning on attending? It is for GT only cars so you don't have to split time with any 200mm touring cars or 8th scale Lola-bodies cars.
Well after the ROAR Regional 9 race. If my pocketbook permits it and family first duties ... yes.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #5021
Tech Regular

OH man!!! what a great event!!!

Love the paintjob man! great job ...wish my wife was as supportive as yours lol
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:40 AM   #5022
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Thanks Tabushi for the Great news and pics. Your wife is an amazing person for all her work. Luv the action shots on the hairpin turn when it took over the position from the other car.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #5023
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit-racer View Post
Well after the ROAR Regional 9 race. If my pocketbook permits it and family first duties ... yes.
We will see. I will be racing in Memphis, TN 2 weeks before this race but not looking for excuses not to show. Someone is putting on a big race for GT cars only in your backyard so there is no excuse not to show this time. You are not going to Mexico City, Homestead, or Joliet; you will be almost at home. We had racers from Mexico City fly up to attend the Joliet race and many will probably fly up to attend this race. I know a couple of guys from Puerto Rico are planning on attending as well. It will be a shame if we have more out-of-state support for this race than in-state support, especially after all the posting you and some other have been doing lately about your love and support for the class. Time to show us the money!!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #5024
Tech Fanatic

Looks like an awesome event. Congrats on the win. You should put your wife's name on that trophy, she's a keeper.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #5025
Tech Elite

Quote:
We will see. I will be racing in Memphis, TN 2 weeks before this race but not looking for excuses not to show. Someone is putting on a big race for GT cars only in your backyard so there is no excuse not to show this time. You are not going to Mexico City, Homestead, or Joliet; you will be almost at home. We had racers from Mexico City fly up to attend the Joliet race and many will probably fly up to attend this race. I know a couple of guys from Puerto Rico are planning on attending as well. It will be a shame if we have more out-of-state support for this race than in-state support, especially after all the posting you and some other have been doing lately about your love and support for the class. Time to show us the money!!
If you want to pay my way I'll be sure to go. I race r/c in more than one class on and off road. I don't sit and wait for one race venue to run these toy cars. I do my share in promoting the GT8 class in my neck of the woods as you can see. One can see you are doing a fine job up there.