Old 01-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #4831
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default mbx6 to a Gt car

Anyone out fitted a mbx6 to a Gt car ? thx
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:57 AM   #4832
Tech Addict

Well guys yesterday was the first race of our Championship (Puerto Rico). I got the chance to use the new rear tire that Ipanema is now producing. I qualified in second place also behind another racer that was using almost the same combination of tires that I was using. I was using the regular 50 shore front tire (he was using 45s) and the new wider rear tire in 45 (the same as the TQ). I made two mega mistakes (I flipped the car twice) and he also made a mistake and still we both had better qualifying times than we previously had. I could only make one qualifyer, this because of accidents with slower cars but in the one that I did complete the tire temps where down from what I usually experience after qualifying, 134 up front and 125 at the rear. This tells me that the rear tires weren't even pushed too hard and I had ample traction. This tires felt great and the balance of the car was excellent. I could have the rear planted or use a little gas to have some rotation in the tight corners. I finished in first place and the difference was very marked. I love this new tires, before I had used other brands with very good results as well but with this new rear tires I did'nt feel the car to be on the edge of traction all the time. Before I felt I was on a razor edge in the handling of the car now I have time to recover from a mistake. Another thing was that I usually use 50s all around for the main but this time I used 50, 45s and the tires didn't fade or loose any traction due to heat or wear. We raced 30 minutes this time (we usually race 45 minutes for the A Main) but I can'twait for the next race next month. Great new product.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to explain how these new tires made my car feel like.
jneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:04 AM   #4833
Tech Initiate

Got pics of the tire?
APexRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:09 AM   #4834
Tech Master

Any news of the serpent gt car?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #4835
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Guys,

Just to let you know that the R2 Alpha Body is "almost ready". This body will fit 1/8th scale GT cars.

This is a picture of the first production bodies being tested this week in Brazil, remember that for USA the exclusive distributor of Alpha RC is Max Velocity Racing : http://maxvelocityracing.com

cya !

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #4836
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by APexRC View Post
Got pics of the tire?
+1 on pic
Old 01-17-2011, 07:52 AM   #4837
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Guys,

Just to let you know that the R2 Alpha Body is "almost ready". This body will fit 1/8th scale GT cars.

This is a picture of the first production bodies being tested this week in Brazil, remember that for USA the exclusive distributor of Alpha RC is Max Velocity Racing : http://maxvelocityracing.com

cya !
So whats the hold up! Lol....
APexRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #4838
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
So whats the hold up! Lol....

Factory will be shipping to USA i think during the next 2 weeks, so add 2 more weeks for shipping time and thats it ...

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #4839
Tech Addict

Quote:
Got pics of the tire?
I don't have any pics but I'm sure that some of the guys here have good pictures as soon as they send me one I'll post it.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:54 PM   #4840
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We now have the new Sweep 45 Shore EXP Treaded tires. Only the GT compound was available, but now the EXP compound is here.

If you race during the winter like we do here in Texas, then the 45 shore is definitely what you are looking for!

Find them here....

http://www.igthobbies.com/category_s/55.htm

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey
WildBillMassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #4841
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmike View Post
Anyone out fitted a mbx6 to a Gt car ? thx
I say try it i wanna do a rc8t in the future.
bigjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #4842
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjez View Post
I say try it i wanna do a rc8t in the future.
We are working on kits that will convert different buggies and truggies to GT cars. Kits will be available for the RC8/RC8T, Hot Bodies D8/D8T, and the Mugen MBX6/MBX6T

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey
WildBillMassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #4843
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneg View Post
Well guys yesterday was the first race of our Championship (Puerto Rico). I got the chance to use the new rear tire that Ipanema is now producing. I qualified in second place also behind another racer that was using almost the same combination of tires that I was using. I was using the regular 50 shore front tire (he was using 45s) and the new wider rear tire in 45 (the same as the TQ). I made two mega mistakes (I flipped the car twice) and he also made a mistake and still we both had better qualifying times than we previously had. I could only make one qualifyer, this because of accidents with slower cars but in the one that I did complete the tire temps where down from what I usually experience after qualifying, 134 up front and 125 at the rear. This tells me that the rear tires weren't even pushed too hard and I had ample traction. This tires felt great and the balance of the car was excellent. I could have the rear planted or use a little gas to have some rotation in the tight corners. I finished in first place and the difference was very marked. I love this new tires, before I had used other brands with very good results as well but with this new rear tires I did'nt feel the car to be on the edge of traction all the time. Before I felt I was on a razor edge in the handling of the car now I have time to recover from a mistake. Another thing was that I usually use 50s all around for the main but this time I used 50, 45s and the tires didn't fade or loose any traction due to heat or wear. We raced 30 minutes this time (we usually race 45 minutes for the A Main) but I can'twait for the next race next month. Great new product.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to explain how these new tires made my car feel like.
These new 49mm rear tires are on order and should be in-stock very shortly.

Lee
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #4844
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillMassey View Post
We are working on kits that will convert different buggies and truggies to GT cars. Kits will be available for the RC8/RC8T, Hot Bodies D8/D8T, and the Mugen MBX6/MBX6T
No disrespect but me too lol.
bigjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #4845
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillMassey View Post
That is a great idea, I have the RC8, RC8T and the SC8 and have always thought of converting the SC8 to GT for some time now. The only thing holding me back is the 4.3 relation in the diffs. But that can be worked out. Good luck with that project I know that those kits will bring more people to GTs.