R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #4546
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipnet View Post
Well I got my DM-1 S in finally (man I love the smell of new RC) I am getting the Tekno conversion for it and have a couple of questions if you guys don't mind.

1 - I thought I read where the Tekno conversion chassis is shorter than the stock one. Is this true? And if so will the lid that came with it fit, or will I need to get another one?

2 - Do you guys keep the 2 speed or ditch it for a 1 speed. Can you lock it so reverse is possible?

3 - I would be interested in the speed and torque you guys are using for servos.

4 - And are the mechanical brakes preferred on these?

I appreciate any help you guys might have as I am new to the pavement.

Thanks in advance

Tekno conversion chassis is identical to stock.
Tekno conversion allows you to use 2 speed if you wish but will require brake servo.
I never use anything less than metal gear, 200 inch oz servos on steering or throttle.
Tekno makes a trick clutch setup that allows you to run a brake servo if you wish. I do not use a brake servo on my electric car, but I'm not racing.
Hopes this helps.
williamw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #4547
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamw View Post
Tekno conversion chassis is identical to stock.
Tekno conversion allows you to use 2 speed if you wish but will require brake servo.
I never use anything less than metal gear, 200 inch oz servos on steering or throttle.
Tekno makes a trick clutch setup that allows you to run a brake servo if you wish. I do not use a brake servo on my electric car, but I'm not racing.
Hopes this helps.

Thanks williamw, it does help. That answered a lot.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #4548
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
I spoke with Gulf Coast Raceway here and they said not many GT drivers, but they would help if I wanted to start a class. They have a world class track there (they hold world (IFMAR) finals and championships there) so I really want to take advantage of that.

Maybe it's the off-road in me, but the GT class of cars are so much more exciting.

And if we can't get it going in Houston, I'd be willing to drive to Dallas or Austin.

We race in Austin every Saturday, and most of the time we have 7-8 guys racing GT. I have been posting on RC Files that if 10 people sign up and race, I will pay for all the entries. We have gotten close, but not 10 yet. We are trying again this Saturday, and we have 8 people commited, so if JLock and you show up, you can race for free. Hell, if we don't get 10 people, and you drive from Dallas or Houston, I will pay your entry no matter what.

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey
WildBillMassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #4549
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillMassey View Post
We race in Austin every Saturday, and most of the time we have 7-8 guys racing GT. I have been posting on RC Files that if 10 people sign up and race, I will pay for all the entries. We have gotten close, but not 10 yet. We are trying again this Saturday, and we have 8 people commited, so if JLock and you show up, you can race for free. Hell, if we don't get 10 people, and you drive from Dallas or Houston, I will pay your entry no matter what.
Wow, that's awesome! I won't have my car running for a couple of months, (I am on a $300/month RC budget) but I will certainly come join you guys when I do.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #4550
Tech Addict

Quote:
Wow, that's awesome! I won't have my car running for a couple of months, (I am on a $300/month RC budget) but I will certainly come join you guys when I do.

Cool. Try to get some people over there interested, I would love to do a series between the two tracks.

If you need anything, shoot me an email to bill@igthobbies.com

Just because its not on my site doesn't mean I can't get it.

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey
Old 11-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #4551
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillMassey View Post
Cool. Try to get some people over there interested, I would love to do a series between the two tracks.

If you need anything, shoot me an email to bill@igthobbies.com

Just because its not on my site doesn't mean I can't get it.
Thanks Bill, I really appreciate it.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #4552
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's the spirit and the way to get new racers. Well done. I set up free Wednesday night races here for the GTs just to try to strengthen the class.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #4553
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
That's the spirit and the way to get new racers. Well done. I set up free Wednesday night races here for the GTs just to try to strengthen the class.
Very cool. Those of us that really believe in the class will definitely help it grow by doing every thing we can to get new racers involved.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #4554
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Spooky and Bill,
You guys truly examplifies the spirit of GT racing!!!!!
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #4555
Tech Addict

Hey guys, just got a fresh shipment of Sweep Tires in. I have a coupon set up so you guys can get 10% off. Just enter coupon code: SWEEPEM at checkout. You must buy a complete set for the coupon to work.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #4556
Suspended

Default Alpha Tires Are Now Available in the U.S.!!

Gentlemen,

Max Velocity Racing is proud to announce we are teaming up with Alpha Racing to be the official U.S. distributor of Alpha Racing Slicks. We have the full shore range and rim colors in-stock and ready to ship. We are currently supplying participating dealers and are aggressively expanding the list of hobby shops carrying Alpha tires. Ask your local hobby shop if they are a participating dealer. If not, forward an email with their contact information to maxvelocityracing@live.com and we will make it happen!!!

I have personally had the opportunity to compare the Alpha Slicks to nearly every tire on the market and have been impressed with their excellent traction and durability. I was so confident in the quality of the tires, that I ran the same slicks in two consecutive 45min races at the 2010 GT National Championships. The tires performed so well and had such little wear that I could not justify changing them.

For more information go to www.maxvelocityracing.com
Best Regards,

Paul Roberts
Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-team-picture.jpg  
GT Speed Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #4557
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Speed Freak View Post
Gentlemen,

Max Velocity Racing is proud to announce we are teaming up with Alpha Racing to be the official U.S. distributor of Alpha Racing Slicks. We have the full shore range and rim colors in-stock and ready to ship. We are currently supplying participating dealers and are aggressively expanding the list of hobby shops carrying Alpha tires. Ask your local hobby shop if they are a participating dealer. If not, forward an email with their contact information to maxvelocityracing@live.com and we will make it happen!!!

I have personally had the opportunity to compare the Alpha Slicks to nearly every tire on the market and have been impressed with their excellent traction and durability. I was so confident in the quality of the tires, that I ran the same slicks in two consecutive 45min races at the 2010 GT National Championships. The tires performed so well and had such little wear that I could not justify changing them.

For more information go to www.maxvelocityracing.com
Best Regards,

Paul Roberts
How about the body?

Old 11-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #4558
Tech Elite

Good luck Paul, see ya in Mexico.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:53 AM   #4559
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yea how about the body?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #4560
Suspended

Default Alpha Body Coming Soon!!!

We are pushing to get both Alpha bodies in the U.S. as soon as possible. The body for the GT2 will be available within the next 2 weeks. The GT body (fits IGT, DM1-Spec) is expected to be available beginning of December. We will have updates on body availability on www.maxvelocityracing.com

Thanks for your question and interest

Paul Roberts

Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-dsc_3127-test2.jpg  
GT Speed Freak is offline   Reply With Quote