Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 10-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
$50 with free shipping from me. I just realized I did not have them on the site.

If any of you guys want one, just email me. I will get them up on the site ASAP.
got a pic of it on the GT? does it fit GT1 or GT2?
Old 10-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by briankstan
got a pic of it on the GT? does it fit GT1 or GT2?
I use it with a ST-R chassis (same length as stock GT2) which the body is slightly long, but not by much. Ideally the body would be a perfect match for ST-RR chassis ( I used this body when I converted my ST-RR to a CORR Truck, and its a perfect fit), but not sure how it would do on the track.

Just got this one done tonight and ready for racing tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-gt-truck.jpg  
Old 10-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

I have the bodies on the website now if anyone would like to order.

http://www.igthobbies.com/product_p/asc89442.htm
Old 10-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The SC8 body can also be used on the DM-1 Pro 1/7 scale
car. All thats needed is a little shaping of the fromt bumper
and bumper foam to fit correctly. I'm also looking at adding
the SC8 cage style rear bumper.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Congrats Jojo for taking home another great GT class win at the Skyrocket Invitational and trusting the Ipanema Warrior body to get the job done!

Thanks Bro!

Last edited by Jspeed; 04-02-2011 at 04:39 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Also a big "shout-out" to Mike H. for the TQ at the race too.
Keep on rockin!

Last edited by Jspeed; 04-02-2011 at 04:40 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jojo and Mike have been racking up the wins and TQs since the Ipanema GT Nats in Joliet back on Labor Day weekend. I consider myself very lucky to have finished in front of them at the GT Nats. Looks like they are going to make sure the outcome is different next time we meet on the track.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What's up Jlock' Man you need come up here at BlueDiamond (Delaware),The GT/DM-1 class here are racing like a 1/10 scale on-road. This Warrior body is unbelievable,from top speed to corner speed i feel like I'm driving my Mrx4r. Ipanema did an excellent job on this body, low 16sec my fastest lap, and that what 1/10 scale average lap time here at blueDiamond. All the guys here racing the class they are serious racers.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by liteweight
What's up Jlock' Man you need come up here at BlueDiamond (Delaware),The GT/DM-1 class here are racing like a 1/10 scale on-road. This Warrior body is unbelievable,from top speed to corner speed i feel like I'm driving my Mrx4r. Ipanema did an excellent job on this body, low 16sec my fastest lap, and that what 1/10 scale average lap time here at blueDiamond. All the guys here racing the class they are serious racers.

Race To Win!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by liteweight
Not a whole lot has been going on lately. Getting over a cold right now. Got disappointed for the Fall Brawl race in Memphis a couple of weeks ago. Some of the racers talked me into bringing my GT car to race only to not show up. I really was itching to run my car again, especially after my good showing in Joliet.

If I can, I will try to make it up that way next year. I get an extra week of vacation from the job starting 1/1/11 (from 2 wks to 3 wks). Just keep me posted on the races that you guys have up there and if can swing it, I can try to make one. Then, I can see if I stack up to the racers there.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Man, I sure wish we could get the GT family together and have one more big race somewhere before the end of the year. I don't get a chance to race mine much in my area due to club racing being completely dead. It would be nice to rub lexan with my GT brothers again before it gets too cold. I know it is wishful thinking but I am jonesing for racing GT again.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JLock
Man, I sure wish we could get the GT family together and have one more big race somewhere before the end of the year. I don't get a chance to race mine much in my area due to club racing being completely dead. It would be nice to rub lexan with my GT brothers again before it gets too cold. I know it is wishful thinking but I am jonesing for racing GT again.
All you have to do is come south.

Now I am glad I did not go to Memphis, that was the only class I was gonna race.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Hey JLock you can try this one here in the warm weather of Puerto Rico!

http://hobbiespr.com/forums/showthre...235#post209235
Old 10-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Hello Guys, I am looking for a good clutch and engine mounts for my Inferno gt since I swapped the engine with a Nova 21, I would like to know what aftermarket setups are out there that will work? I was thinking maybe the Losi 8ight 4 shoe clutch but not sure if the GT bell will fit in that clutch, also was thinking about the Fioroni Vario and the Ascendancy Effortless Clutch system.

If you have a decent setup for sale let me know.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by arix
Hello Guys, I am looking for a good clutch and engine mounts for my Inferno gt since I swapped the engine with a Nova 21, I would like to know what aftermarket setups are out there that will work? I was thinking maybe the Losi 8ight 4 shoe clutch but not sure if the GT bell will fit in that clutch, also was thinking about the Fioroni Vario and the Ascendancy Effortless Clutch system.

If you have a decent setup for sale let me know.

http://www.igthobbies.com/product_p/m2c6027.htm

I personally use this setup and love it.

Search "M2C" on my site for all the different pieces. I suggest the flywheel (of course) with the 1.00 springs and the Regular Hard Shoes, as well as the spring tool, it is the easiest and best working spring tool on the market.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.