R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #4111
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default PMT Shore

Jeff, First let me thank you for the quick reply. We are looking at your tires as a first choice but want options.

Second,

Anybody know what shore the PMT rain tire is or any of them for that matter.

Shawn

USAF Retired
No One Comes Close!!!!
hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #4112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman
PMT Shore Jeff, First let me thank you for the quick reply. We are looking at your tires as a first choice but want options. Second, Anybody know what shore the PMT rain tire is or any of them for that matter. Shawn __________________ The Hitman USAF Retired No One Comes Close!!!! www.brentrobinsonracing.com
Shawn,

PMT has a 10 and 20 shore rain tyre. Their shore ratings are a little different than other tyres. Their 30 is like a 45, 20 = 40, and 10 = 35.

When you get a chance call Angel at FG Supply, he is really helpful (310) 448-9555
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #4113
Tech Regular

Default Thanks Will do

Thanks Raman

Just what I needed

USAF Retired
No One Comes Close!!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:09 AM   #4114
Tech Elite

Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:25 PM   #4115
Tech Regular

Hello Racers!

GQ 1/8th Super GT Foam and Rubber Tires are now in stock.

These are the best performance and quality 17mm tires available for the Super 1/8th GT cars. No chunking or broken and warped rims as found in other tire lines. Once again this is because of GQ's 20 years of foam and rubber processing experience, 30years of experience in the plastic and rubber fields. (Worldwide GQ is considered experts in these fields.) Tires are hand inspected throughout the manufacturing process to make sure excellence in quality is maintained. Lastly having the most advanced robotics for the gluing and the truing of tires is the icing on the cake. All tires are cello packed for freshness!

The new 1/8th Super GT class is going to be exciting and very competitive. GQ Racing Tires can give you that little extra edge when racing tough competition. Our Rubber tires are Ultra Traction and will give drivers excellent turning ability and traction out of the corners. If you decide to have fun or your club has a foam tire class, GQ Racing Foam tires out does all competition!!! These foam tires will last as long or longer than Rubber and give you faster racing!!!

GQ Racing Rubber Tires come in soft and medium inserts. Foam tires come in shores of 35 and 40 shore. In foam we have fronts and rears. The compound is different for rear and front tires in case someone doesn't know why the two different tires when sizes are the same.

See our 1/8th Super GT tire line here:
http://www.teammarketingamerica.com/...lly_tires.html or simply go to www.GQamerica.com.

Have Fun and good racing to all!
Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-gq-8th-rally-rubber-ad.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-gq-8th-rally-foam-ad.jpg  
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #4116
Tech Regular

Default Shore Ratings

Any idea of the shore ratings on the GQ rubber tires???

USAF Retired
No One Comes Close!!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 10:19 AM   #4117
Tech Regular

Hello Hitman,

First I see on your signature USAF retired. I wish to say thank you.

Now in regards to the tires, although they only show what insert is in the tire and are rated as "medium" tire and "soft". Durometer test on the medium is at 40 shore or amybe a bit over like 41. So after a heat cycle they should run at 40 shore consistently.

I took better pictures of the tires yesterday. Of course I think they are better because I took... but hope everyone can see these tires better. The spoke tires are the foam and it is obvious that the dish is the rubber.
Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-gq-tires-17mm-foam-closeup.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-gq-tires-17mm-rubber-closeup.jpg  
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:30 PM   #4118
Tech Master

Hi,

here's my fresh bottle painted Aston Martin Inferno GT2 with Audi sponsor stickers

Red is andy red + silver background, but it doesn't show very well in the pictures. Hope you like it - I think it turned out quite nice!

I'm planning to use this on my brushless GT2

Old 07-31-2010, 02:40 PM   #4119
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

car looks great^^^
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:45 PM   #4120
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sweeeeeeeeettttt

Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #4121
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mika, your work is always well done!
js058515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #4122
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Hi, I'm Southern California so perhaps my opinions have no merit for your venue but on the subject of having or not having an IGT class, this is something you should open yourselves to for allowing entry level interest to join the hobby and maybe take the class even further.

From the other posts about going with 1/8 instead of investing with IGT, this all boils down to a preference. The fact is, 1/8 has always been there and will always be there with all its costs ($$$) and complexities. For those who can handle it or who want to take on the challenge thats great! However there are others who just want a little weekend fun without a lot of "rocket science"

After all these years the hobby has seen many fads and yet certain classes have remained, 1/8 nitro onroad, 1/8 nitro buggy, 1/12 electric onroad, 1/10 electric buggy.

The latest addition has been 1/10 touring in both nitro and electric and that has started the same way IGT is starting now. Converted offroad 4wd buggies with scale looking onroad bodies. More than 10years ago people thought of 1/10 touring as car to have fun with after the Tamiya F1 races. Ironically it has outlasted and surpassed F1

Soon Serpent will be releasing a nitro F1 car, will you be racing that over the IGT? Will you be rejecting IGT or any of its other forms to allow a more expensive less popular F1 nitro class to run just because its from Serpent?

Its your track guys. Run it how you want it be it like a clubhouse or frathouse its yours to choose. Just remember, to many others, this is just a hobby.

I live in SoCal also. I go to the GLARCC races and watch the 1/8 races and I see how hard guys take it when they bump into each other [insert NASCAR dude "It ain't rubbin', it's racin"]. Now, they all have fantasic driving skills, I do not. It seems they have truck loads of parts, I do not. Sponsers, I do not. So here's my plan, I buy an 1/8 scale enter the races and move over and let everyone pass me. don't know how long I would have to do that as I like to compete. As for right now, I have a 1/8 GT that I built from scratch that is very tough and more than capable of completing a race that is basiclly a show piece.

MBX5-T/XTM 24.7, TMAXX Classic, Blitz, Rage Brushless
Thunder Tiger EB-4 S2 converted to 1/8 Super GT On Road /Picco .28
It's Alive! It's Alive!
BigMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #4123
Tech Regular

Default Thanks TM

TM,

Thank you for the comments. They are appreicated.

As for the tires. So you have the med. inserts in stock? If so I cam going to by a set.

Thank again.

Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM America View Post
Hello Hitman,

First I see on your signature USAF retired. I wish to say thank you.

Now in regards to the tires, although they only show what insert is in the tire and are rated as "medium" tire and "soft". Durometer test on the medium is at 40 shore or amybe a bit over like 41. So after a heat cycle they should run at 40 shore consistently.

I took better pictures of the tires yesterday. Of course I think they are better because I took... but hope everyone can see these tires better. The spoke tires are the foam and it is obvious that the dish is the rubber.

USAF Retired
No One Comes Close!!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #4124
Tech Master

Results of the GT Open here in Finland
============================

Qualification

1. Juho Hattunen TQ
2. Juha Rousku
3. Antti Laurinkoski
4. Mika Rinne
5. Antti Savolainen
6. Petteri Jäntti
7. Jethro Lehtojärvi
8. Peter Erna
9. Petri Hoffman
10. Jari Eklund
11. Markus Alho
12. Riku Forström

Finals
=====================

A-final

1. Peter Erna 104 laps, 45min
2. Juho Hattunen 95 laps, 45min
3. Jari Eklund 92 laps, 45min
4. Mika Rinne 87 laps, 45min
5. Petteri Jäntti 67 laps, 27min
6. Antti Laurinkoski
7. Juha Rousku
8. Riku Forström

B-final

9. Jethro Lehtojärvi
10. Antti Savolainen
11. Markus Alho
12. Petri Hoffman

Winner, 3rd & 4th were driving Ipanema Warrior body. 3rd & 4th drove also with Ipanema tires, they worked great right from the start to the end of the A final. Top 4 finished the race by driving to the flag. It was so much fun & excitement. Cheers!

edit: B-final top four went to A-main, including the winner Peter Erna. Four drivers went to A-main directly based on qualis. So we drove both A and B main with 8 drivers.

Last edited by MikaR; 08-02-2010 at 01:57 AM.
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #4125
Tech Elite

Finland Rocks!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote