R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #4066
Tech Addict
 
WildBillMassey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Bay Ontario Canada
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Well guys, just confirming some info posted above.

Last weekend, ALPHA RC Tyres on GT Class, debuted during the Latin American Cup organiced in PUERTO RICO.

Most popular GT brands were on the track (GRP, PMT, Ipanemas, OFNA, etc) and small group of drivers were race testing ALPHA RC.

Results were GREAT with lots of good feedback from drivers. Lots of "switching between brands" were observed from drivers using other brands of tyres and by end of day racing Alpha on Soft and Medium compound.

By end of qualifying process, ALPHA RC took the TQ. Then, there was a 60 minutes A-Main wich was cut on first 15 minutes due to rain, then when rain stop and track was dry, they re-started the race only for 30 minutes so at the end, 45 minutes of racing on A-Main. RESULTS ?, Alpha RC took 1st, 2nd and 3rd place !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Pit Lane Hobbies for trust in Alpha RC quality !!

For now i think you Continental USA guys can get tyres from Puerto Rico, but i do think in less than 2 months, you will have an exclusive USA distributor for the brand ...

cya !

Pato Concha
Alpha RC Driver
Do they have a website? I want to check them out and possibly sell Alpha items on our website. Thanks.
__________________
Former owner of The Nitro Pit and IGT Hobbies
Now living in the Great White North.

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey
WildBillMassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #4067
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Alpha RC is already dealing with USA distribution ... will come out with news in some weeks for now.

Anyway, for distribution enquiries, please feel free to email me : [email protected] or directly to factory (they will forward me the email anyway heheheh) [email protected]

Body will be available as soon as we setup the distribution in USA.

cya !

Pato Concha
Alpha RC Driver
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #4068
Tech Addict
 
WildBillMassey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Bay Ontario Canada
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Alpha RC is already dealing with USA distribution ... will come out with news in some weeks for now.

Anyway, for distribution enquiries, please feel free to email me : [email protected] or directly to factory (they will forward me the email anyway heheheh) [email protected]

Body will be available as soon as we setup the distribution in USA.

cya !

Pato Concha
Alpha RC Driver
Ok, cool. Anywhere I can see pics of the wheels, tires, and the body?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Body looks very nice! www.alpharc.com.br
__________________
Former owner of The Nitro Pit and IGT Hobbies
Now living in the Great White North.

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey

Last edited by WildBillMassey; 07-20-2010 at 01:32 PM.
WildBillMassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #4069
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillMassey View Post
Ok, cool. Anywhere I can see pics of the wheels, tires, and the body?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Body looks very nice! www.alpharc.com.br



Yes, body looks very very nice ... and works good.

For now, only Kyosho GT2 size body its available, but factory is working on a DM1S version now ...

thanks for your interest,

Pato Concha
Alpha RC Driver
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #4070
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,259
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi
Well guys, just confirming some info posted above. Last weekend, ALPHA RC Tyres on GT Class, debuted during the Latin American Cup organiced in PUERTO RICO. Most popular GT brands were on the track (GRP, PMT, Ipanemas, OFNA, etc) and small group of drivers were race testing ALPHA RC. Results were GREAT with lots of good feedback from drivers. Lots of "switching between brands" were observed from drivers using other brands of tyres and by end of day racing Alpha on Soft and Medium compound. By end of qualifying process, ALPHA RC took the TQ. Then, there was a 60 minutes A-Main wich was cut on first 15 minutes due to rain, then when rain stop and track was dry, they re-started the race only for 30 minutes so at the end, 45 minutes of racing on A-Main. RESULTS ?, Alpha RC took 1st, 2nd and 3rd place !!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Pit Lane Hobbies for trust in Alpha RC quality !! For now i think you Continental USA guys can get tyres from Puerto Rico, but i do think in less than 2 months, you will have an exclusive USA distributor for the brand ... cya ! Pato Concha Alpha RC Driver
Pato,

That's great info. Refreshing to see a distributor post some real statistical facts.

Look forward to trying out your tyres.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #4071
Tech Adept
 
tbo713's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: temple hills maryland
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Yes, body looks very very nice ... and works good.

For now, only Kyosho GT2 size body its available, but factory is working on a DM1S version now ...

thanks for your interest,

Pato Concha
Alpha RC Driver
can you pm me bcause i tried to order that body but didn't understand how to order in the language
tbo713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #4072
Tech Adept
 
bigjez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: westerville ohio
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbo713 View Post
can you pm me bcause i tried to order that body but didn't understand how to order in the language
Try google translate buy the way was up bro.
bigjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #4073
Tech Adept
 
bigjez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: westerville ohio
Posts: 248
Default

http://translate.google.com/translat...g_5%26sort%3DV
bigjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:48 PM   #4074
Tech Adept
 
bigjez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: westerville ohio
Posts: 248
Default anyone knows

Anyone know or have seen one of these in the states.
bigjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #4075
Tech Initiate
 
outlaw07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjez View Post
Anyone know or have seen one of these in the states.

yo that alpha body is crazy ....looks like a audi tt to me ! can't wait for the dm1 to come out as well.......... got a question has anyone tried the hardend steel 2 speed gears for the igt ? got them from a aftermarket company in hong kong - direct replacement for the stk 40/46 ......just a little concerned about the weight difference,,but work fine just curious if anyone else has venture down this road?
outlaw07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #4076
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

The body will be available in USA in a month or so ...
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #4077
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,673
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Rocky Mountain Challenge

Ok fellow IGT racers, here is another race, plus a nice place to Visit .... Denver Colorado
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pavement Flyer 2010.pdf (78.4 KB, 200 views)
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:31 AM   #4078
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Ok fellow IGT racers, here is another race, plus a nice place to Visit .... Denver Colorado
You should post wish engines are allowed in the IGT class.
jneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:35 AM   #4079
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 442
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw07 View Post
yo that alpha body is crazy ....looks like a audi tt to me ! can't wait for the dm1 to come out as well.......... got a question has anyone tried the hardend steel 2 speed gears for the igt ? got them from a aftermarket company in hong kong - direct replacement for the stk 40/46 ......just a little concerned about the weight difference,,but work fine just curious if anyone else has venture down this road?
I bought some when they first came out, about the time Kyosho released it's new transmission. They are very nice, appeared to be really well made, machined well and true, but they are also heavy!

If you have a .28 or really high horsepower engine I think they will be bomb proof. If your'e racing go with the new Kyosho transmission, it's a shoe type and much lighter!

Last edited by williamw; 07-21-2010 at 09:35 AM.
williamw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #4080
Tech Adept
 
bigjez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: westerville ohio
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjez View Post
Anyone know or have seen one of these in the states.
lol my bad i was talking about this
http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?=&p=47406
bigjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro Off-Road 5 03-20-2012 11:03 AM
JRX-S based 4wd buggy?? Why was the idea scrapped? cpatel529 Electric Off-Road 33 12-08-2007 06:19 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-26-2006 11:40 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 13 09-30-2006 10:31 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 03-21-2006 01:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:52 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net