R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #391
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert R View Post
For those of you who are not running stock motor, can you please help me. I am looking to put in diffrent motor, Novarrossi 421 B, what do I need to make this happen? if you have part # that would be big help. thanks.

Also this stock Clutch how do you adjust it? Thank you
Am I wrong to state that all this info should be contained in the manual. If not, shame on Kyosho. Or... If you do not have a manual I am not sure where to get one easily. You may want to check other threads on other sites as well as they are a plenty.
bbunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:13 PM   #392
Tech Fanatic

I usally race 1/8, but for the money and strength I thought I buye one to try out. Only because I am use to going faster I think stock motor is little slow for me. but car seems to handle pretty good with minor suspinsion changes. I am going to change diff oil soon for more tunning. I think this class is going to be fun class to race.
Robert R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #393
Tech Fanatic

bbunker , where are the other site, l am intrested .. thank you
Robert R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #394
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
bbunker , where are the other site, l am intrested .. thank you
Just google it. I would rather not link to another forum on this one, as i am new here as well. I have been out of the hobby for quite some time and have jumped back in head first. I have owned several cars throughout the years all the way up to 1/8 on road as well. I have found a wealth of information on here and other sites because most people on them are very generous with advice. Good luck.
bbunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #395
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey Zoot
I saw you car here in Vegas, what diff oil were you running, and was the motor stock?
The diffs haven't been opened in a year and a half... still whatever is/was stock. The engine is the gray head Axial .28. Not the RR. I also have a JP1 pipe and motorsaver aircleaner... If you saw me at Vegas you should note that on the short track at home I could easily get 7 min out of a tank and ran out of fuel at 6:30.. that and a set screw that wasn't locktited ended a pretty good run in the main.

These cars are a lot heavier than 1/10th sedans, but, they have a lot of power even with the stock motor and are really quick... .sneaky quick. You can pitch them into a corner like '1/1 scale' cars.. .no feeling like it in R/C that I've experienced. They are a blast....
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #396
Tech Rookie

I'm also intrigued by this class but kinda hesitant due to the fact I have a hell of a time finding kyosho parts without paying through the nose.

Anyone have any good links for parts and the tires?
Bfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #397
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfly View Post
I'm also intrigued by this class but kinda hesitant due to the fact I have a hell of a time finding kyosho parts without paying through the nose.

Anyone have any good links for parts and the tires?
Try:
http://www.racersdepot.us

http://www.amainhobbies.com

or ask your local shop to stock parts

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #398
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Regarding the question of stock diff weights... At the end of last season I set out to figure out what the stock diff weights were. The manual claims 3000 weight front and rear but I knew this was not true because my car came setup with stiffer diff action up front than the rear.

I summarized what I found here: http://infernogt.proboards102.com/in...ead=1192901155 By the way, this site has a wealth of information about these cars. Some of the posts are from bashers but some are also from racers.

Basically, my conclusion was that my car came brand new with 50K weight up front and grease in the rear. 1K diff oil felt to me the same as the greased rear diff.

The funny thing is that other people have purchased cars brand new that only had grease front and rear (again, 1K equivalent) so apparently there may have been a change at Kyosho at some point.
Arboleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:28 PM   #399
Tech Regular

I agree with Zoot about the feel of this car compared to 200mm touring. Very, very different. Can you say F-U-N?
Old 02-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #400
Tech Regular

Hey Robert!
I'll be out Sunday with the GT!

Last edited by Just Fast; 06-29-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Just Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #401
Tech Regular

Has anyone converted to a center diff? This center diff is from an MP7.5 and bolts onto the chassis just fine. However, the dog bone is not long enough. I tried a universal which helps because the one end case be bolted into place and at least this way the dog bone can't fall out. However you can tell it's not long enough. Another 3 mm would be ideal.

Any ideas? I'll attach a picture in just a minute...
Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-ssuniversal.jpg  
Old 02-17-2008, 10:33 PM   #402
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arboleda View Post
Has anyone converted to a center diff? This center diff is from an MP7.5 and bolts onto the chassis just fine. However, the dog bone is not long enough. I tried a universal which helps because the one end case be bolted into place and at least this way the dog bone can't fall out. However you can tell it's not long enough. Another 3 mm would be ideal.

Any ideas? I'll attach a picture in just a minute...
I used center cvd diff on my Inferno GT with no problem.

I used this one from ebay.
FREELANCE_RCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:48 PM   #403
Tech Regular

Those are the same CVDs that I picked up and that you see in the picture. But I'm guessing you mean that you're using the IGT two-speed right? I ditched the two-speed and put a center diff in from a 7.5 buggy.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #404
Tech Elite

I wouldn't worry about that shaft. There shouldn't be enough movement in the center, for that to come out.
FYI, 1k fluid will give far more drive to the weighted wheel than grease. It may feel about the same on the bench, but in use, the circulates through the gears and provides more resistance as RPM increases, while the grease is flung out of the mesh and provides less resistance as RPM goes up.
For short tracks, the center diff option may help. It certainly gives you another tuning option. On longer tracks, the 2 speed would be of more benefit.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #405
Tech Regular

Thanks for the advice, duneland. I hadn't considered what you mentioned about grease versus 1K oil.

I agree the two-speed is desirable on larger tracks although you could choose to gear a single-speed setup as similar to a two-speed's 1st gear or a two-speed's 2nd gear, know what I mean? So in theory the two-speed gives you acceleration and top-speed and with a single speed you just have to choose between acceleration or top-speed or maybe make an in-between compromise.