R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #3691
Tech Master
 
bobbyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjez View Post
I check this thread every day and all hear is gt2 or gt1 talk lol why is that?And when some one ask about a dm-1 they get sent to the dm-1 thread smh how many guys have dm-1s or gt2-1s.
dm-1 here
__________________
Arrma Nero 6s, Ofna DM-1 Pro
Traxxas Revo 3.3, Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3, Traxxas Jato 3.3
Traxxas Slash Platinum, Traxxas Slash 2WD
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #3692
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjez View Post
I check this thread every day and all hear is gt2 or gt1 talk lol why is that?And when some one ask about a dm-1 they get sent to the dm-1 thread smh how many guys have dm-1s or gt2-1s.

Does it really matter, they're all GTs

There's was quite a bit of discussion about ofna's when ROAR released their prelim rules that said that the GT chassis needs to be a buggy chassis and that a purpose built onroad (flat) wouldn't chassis be legal.. a few pages back I think
__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:50 AM   #3693
Tech Adept
 
bigjez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: westerville ohio
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Does it really matter, they're all GTs

There's was quite a bit of discussion about ofna's when ROAR released their prelim rules that said that the GT chassis needs to be a buggy chassis and that a purpose built onroad (flat) wouldn't chassis be legal.. a few pages back I think
No Mike it does not matter just seams like alot of kyosho's on here and thats ok.I personaly have a dm-1.
bigjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:57 AM   #3694
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Does it really matter, they're all GTs

There's was quite a bit of discussion about ofna's when ROAR released their prelim rules that said that the GT chassis needs to be a buggy chassis and that a purpose built onroad (flat) wouldn't chassis be legal.. a few pages back I think
If thats the rules, then the the Koyosho GT2 should not
be allowed to run in the spec class either. The GT2 uses
a longer truggy chassis. As far as a purpose built chassis
goes, any stock chassis that has openings enlarged for a
two speed tranny is a purpose built chassis.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:35 AM   #3695
Tech Elite
 
Pit-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali/Texas
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Yes, I'll be running 1/8th GT in San Antonio in the SWSC race this month in June. You going JLock?
__________________
www.igthobbies.com / Serpent Eryx 3.0 / Desoto Racing / Veytrex.com / JZRacing / RcShox / IGT8 Red
Pit-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #3696
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,381
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit-racer View Post
Yes, I'll be running 1/8th GT in San Antonio in the SWSC race this month in June. You going JLock?
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make the San Antonio race. Got a race in Memphis a couple of weeks after this SWCS race and Mike won't allow me to take two weekends off close like that.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #3697
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageworks View Post
If thats the rules, then the the Koyosho GT2 should not
be allowed to run in the spec class either. The GT2 uses
a longer truggy chassis. As far as a purpose built chassis
goes, any stock chassis that has openings enlarged for a
two speed tranny is a purpose built chassis.


Maybe this is something ROAR should take into account, too

Actually .. I wouldn't mind the GT class being built entirely around buggy based cars (chassis, drivetrain & allowing 2-speed tranny, dimensions) and offroad .21 motors ruling out everything else. Just my opinion

Bodies like Warrior and PF-8 bring (among Kyosho bodies) scale appearance to the class even with the short buggy chassis

Pics from the training session today.. tomorrow a race, hopefully some shots of moving cars & competition, too (we have several DM1s in the race)



__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #3698
Registered User
 
snrscion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 959
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to snrscion Send a message via Yahoo to snrscion
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post


Maybe this is something ROAR should take into account, too

Actually .. I wouldn't mind the GT class being built entirely around buggy based cars (chassis, drivetrain & allowing 2-speed tranny, dimensions) and offroad .21 motors ruling out everything else. Just my opinion

Bodies like Warrior and PF-8 bring (among Kyosho bodies) scale appearance to the class even with the short buggy chassis

Pics from the training session today.. tomorrow a race, hopefully some shots of moving cars & competition, too (we have several DM1s in the race)







what is the name of that body and who makes it? Thanks.
snrscion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #3699
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: manhattan, il
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

It's made by Ipanema. The "Warrior".
bigcat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #3700
Tech Addict
 
PinoyCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Diff oil

Hello All,

What is the good starting diff oil F/C single speed/R for GT1.

Thanks..
PinoyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #3701
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,513
Default

Single speed ? With a tranny I ran today 100K front, 10K rear at the race..

What a great race day it was, sunshine thruout the day, tough competition & excitement..

A-final:





Since I'm sure you want to know about drivers and their cars...

1st DM1 Werks
2nd DM1 Alpha
3rd DM1 Werks
4th GT1 Novarossi
5th GT2 Kyosho
6th DM1 Alpha
7th DM1 Werks
8th GT2 Alpha

regarding the DM1's I'm sorry cannot tell which was "spec" and which one wasn't, I think most of them if not all were "spec"
I'm not 100% sure of the engines either, but they should be fine

Cheers
__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/

Last edited by MikaR; 06-06-2010 at 11:12 AM.
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #3702
Tech Adept
 
bigjez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: westerville ohio
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Single speed ? With a tranny I ran today 100K front, 10K rear at the race..

What a great race day it was, sunshine thruout the day, tough competition & excitement..

A-final:





Since I'm sure you want to know about drivers and their cars...

1st DM1 Werks
2nd DM1 Alpha
3rd DM1 Werks
4th GT1 Novarossi
5th GT2 Kyosho
6th DM1 Alpha
7th DM1 Werks
8th GT2 Alpha

regarding the DM1's I'm sorry cannot tell which was "spec" and which one wasn't, I think most of them if not all were "spec"
I'm not 100% sure of the engines either, but they should be fine

Cheers
Nice look like it was a good day to race.And thanks for this post wish you had some vids lol.
bigjez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #3703
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,513
Default

Thanks. Me too, there was this guy with a huge video cam, I asked him and he was going to the U.S actually with his video.. weird But he promised to give us some material, too.. I'm sure it will be quality shooting
Will be back
__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #3704
Tech Master
 
bobbyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze
Default

very impressive.... DM-1 rocks
__________________
Arrma Nero 6s, Ofna DM-1 Pro
Traxxas Revo 3.3, Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3, Traxxas Jato 3.3
Traxxas Slash Platinum, Traxxas Slash 2WD
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #3705
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Corona Ca.
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default GT class

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblaze View Post
very impressive.... DM-1 rocks
Hi Bobby,
How is that set-up I sent you working for your DM1?

Bill
__________________
[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT][/COLOR]BRC358http://www.kamikazercracing.com
nearest barstool
brc358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro Off-Road 5 03-20-2012 11:03 AM
JRX-S based 4wd buggy?? Why was the idea scrapped? cpatel529 Electric Off-Road 33 12-08-2007 06:19 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-26-2006 11:40 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 13 09-30-2006 10:31 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 03-21-2006 01:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
xd99xd
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:15 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net