Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 06-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by williamw
Easy there, the engine list is several years old. Race where you want, or where the rules suit you and have fun.
This list was just made for the Ipanema race in Miami March 2010 not several years ago so RELAX with the easy....

Get your Facts staight

I do race where I want and the rules do suit me

I just hate to see anyone new get their fun spoiled by making them run mostly JUNK.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JLock
+1 Good Post!!

I especially like the part that I highlighted in bold. Less complaining and more racing!!!
You are great at missing the point.

Allow me to elaborate. We all (so I assume) are all looking to increase and encourage GT racing.

The fact is many GT owners are new to the hobby but get frustrated and discouraged because of the poor quality RTR engines.

Most of the spec engines that are on the list are so/so in the hands of some one that can tune, but in the hands of most new comers they become junk b4 they are broken in because of poor craftsmanship from the factory. (FACT)

Many people get so frustrated with these so called spec engines and quit b4 they ever get any fun.

I often help people at my local H/S b4 they kill their new RTR engine and true these same people will melt a new Novarossi also but to limit “spec” to the present list is just stupid.

I personally have NO intentions of running spec regardless but I repair and replace GT engines for half a dozen people a month and 99% want Quality without paying a fortune. (Many engines to choose from)

Hope you rule making brainiacs add a few Quality engines in your “spec” class for the sake of the people who want to race or at least try it.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

speedy, would you be the person I saw at the GT Worlds yelling at some old man on the drivers stand saying you were going to kick his ass?
Old 06-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

Here we go again.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcmikel
speedy, would you be the person I saw at the GT Worlds yelling at some old man on the drivers stand saying you were going to kick his ass?
Sending Christmas cards?

I am the person who was yelling at the driver from Puerto Rico who was warned by Doug the race Official not to run into the side of my son’s car for the 3rd time in 1 qualifier.

Oh and yes it was me yelling at Bernie (old man) during the same incident because he told my son to S/T\F/U and stop complaining.

I protect my own. Old man Bernie an ambassador of the sport using that language on a kid what a guy…….
Old 06-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Wish I could make it to the Nova Rossi Challenge. I'm sure it will be fun. Looks like a very nice track.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

I agree looks like a great facility.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Novarossi Challenge in Chaplin, CT

Originally Posted by *1speedy
I agree looks like a great facility.
I am very excited for this event. I will be there with my 1/8th scale open car and my GT car.

The Chaplin/Control Freakz crew has worked very hard on expanding the facility. In addition to the great track, they have recently built a new permanent covered pit area. The Novarossi race will absolutely be a great event. I think I can speak for the crew when I say they are very excited to host all the attending GT, 1/8th scale, and 1/10th scale racers. The event should be a treat especially since it will feature some of the best on-road racers in the country.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by *1speedy

Oh and yes it was me yelling at Bernie (old man) during the same incident because he told my son to S/T\F/U and stop complaining.

I protect my own. Old man Bernie an ambassador of the sport using that language on a kid what a guy…….
Actually Leon, Bernie was yelling at YOU (not your son) to stop cursing profanities and making physical threats at other GT racers.

Of all the GT racers that attended the 2010 Ipanema Sports GT World Championship event, you Leon were the only person that screamed and threatened to cause harm to anyone.

Looking at your recent post history on this forum thread, it’s been full of negative and antagonist comments.

We’ve seen you make attacking comments towards Bernie, Victor, Juan, Steve, ROAR and myself for no other reason, but to attempt to cause infighting within our international GT community.

In all honesty Leon, I wouldn’t blame Bernie if he didn’t allow you to attend his racing facility due to your lack of respect to him and your proven inability to conduct yourself like a civilized human at racing events.

In fact Leon, your son Todd is more than welcome to our GT events (he & I had a lot of fun laughing at you remember.... ) but you Leon and your psychotic behavior are not welcome.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jdesotojr
I am very excited for this event. I will be there with my 1/8th scale open car and my GT car.

The Chaplin/Control Freakz crew has worked very hard on expanding the facility. In addition to the great track, they have recently built a new permanent covered pit area. The Novarossi race will absolutely be a great event. I think I can speak for the crew when I say they are very excited to host all the attending GT, 1/8th scale, and 1/10th scale racers. The event should be a treat especially since it will feature some of the best on-road racers in the country.
Good Luck Champ!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Here we go again.
For me, it is not "here we go again". I am in this for the long haul with more running my car and less griping and complaining.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JLock
For me, it is not "here we go again". I am in this for the long haul with more running my car and less griping and complaining.
Not meant for you buddy.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs down

[QUOTE=*1speedy;7495988]This list was just made for the Ipanema race in Miami March 2010 not several years ago so RELAX with the easy....

Get your Facts staight

I do race where I want and the rules do suit me

I just hate to see anyone new get their fun spoiled by making them run mostly JUNK.[/QUOT

Sounds like your actions certainly speak as loud as your words. Good luck with that.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Okay, to get back on topic, is there anything new out there for our GT cars? Anyone know if Kyosho has some new stuff on the market since their updated 2-speed transmission? What has Max Velocity come up with? Is there a cool, new body out there?

Let's try to keep this thread positive as much as possible. Being a more positive, innovative group will go a longer way in attracting and retaining racers to GT. We can work around/past equipment/parts issues; it is harder to work around bad attitudes and in-fighting amongst ourselves. Let this last sentence remain attributes of the other on-road classes of r/c racing, not us of GT.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Addict

Questions?? New Kyosho Springs for GT cars

Need help in understanding the coding on the spring rates Kyosho recently released for the alum threaded shocks for the GT cars. I bought a set for my GT2 car a while ago and the kit springs don't seem to sit in right with the option shocks.

Shocks I upgraded to:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...re-Shock-Set-2

Recently released springs (1 out of the 3 sets):
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ring-95-14-L63

I'm use to the color coding of Tamiya springs (S/M/H) but not with Kyosho's.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.