Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by bigjez
What size are the rims on the dm-1 or the legal size for gt racing.
The DM one uses 17mm hex wheels just like offroad buggies. They are the same exact size as the Kyosho GT1, GT2. IMO, the Ipanema racing slicks and treaded tires are the best you can get for racing.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by williamw
I have an extra NIB one. PM me if interested. I paid 79.00 plus shipping, thats what I want for it.
PM sent.....
Old 05-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by williamw
The DM one uses 17mm hex wheels just like offroad buggies. They are the same exact size as the Kyosho GT1, GT2. IMO, the Ipanema racing slicks and treaded tires are the best you can get for racing.
Yeah thats what i hear but i would like the rims black or maybe yellow jmo.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool

They are available in black and yellow, but your dealer will have to special order them. Most racers like white.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default GT2

Damn! I feel like buying another Inferno gt

Guys somebody probably asked this before but what is the difference between the gt and gt2 as far as driving the cars at the track? anybody here went from gt to gt2 and could tell me how you felt the difference in the cars?

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gonzo RR
Damn! I feel like buying another Inferno gt

Guys somebody probably asked this before but what is the difference between the gt and gt2 as far as driving the cars at the track? anybody here went from gt to gt2 and could tell me how you felt the difference in the cars?

Thanks!
I had both cars and raced each for at least a year. For me the GT2 handles much better. I can't explain how 35 mm of extra wheelbase can make so much difference but it does. The GT2 is more stable under braking too.

Lee
Old 05-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

For me it was a bit too "sluggish" on our track; maybe I didn't setup it correctly and our track isn't that huge. I prefer the IGT "Spec" 1
Old 05-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have driven both cars, and the GT2 handles high speed sweepers nice and is a bit more docile under braking, but the GT1 corners in on the tighter stuff much better and is lighter. I chose to run the GT1 at the worlds and don't feel like I gave anything up by having it rather than the GT2.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
I have driven both cars, and the GT2 handles high speed sweepers nice and is a bit more docile under braking, but the GT1 corners in on the tighter stuff much better and is lighter. I chose to run the GT1 at the worlds and don't feel like I gave anything up by having it rather than the GT2.
+1

I have to agree with Spooky on this one too. At the GT Worlds, I too drove my GT1 over my GT2 and did not give up much to the bigger car.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Ok im start too learn a lil bit lol! I want to know whats the best motor for the open class and spec and the legal size as well thanks.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

They're both great racing chassis.
The IGT2 has the engine further forward, (in relation to the rear wheels) and gives better weight distribution. The result is more driveability & stability.
Pretty much the same reason the new generation of "truggies" have longer "tail" sections.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JLock
Outlaw,

If you go back to page 13 of this thread, about 2/3rd the way down the page is a basic setup for the GT1 by Jspeed. I used it as a base for the current setup on my GT1 and it works really well for a starter. I hope that it helps you get going in the direction you want to go.
thank you ,,,sorry it took me so long to reply having some computer issues,,well more like internet drama( stupid dsl), i will check it out
Old 06-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by outlaw07
thank you ,,,sorry it took me so long to reply having some computer issues,,well more like internet drama( stupid dsl), i will check it out
here's another blunder on my end ......is anyone having issues with the stock 2 speed ...2nd gear wearing out ....what i mean is the little pin inside the 2nd gear ( that shaft armm grabs on too
0 starts too pull thru the plastic after a long day of racing it ...i have already started using the newer gears (supposingly from the kyosho evolva,,but the problem is still there.. one of my boys told me about a transmission called the "black hawk" cost is bout 150.00................has anyone heard of this or even better how to get rid of this problem a more inexpensive way
Old 06-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

here's another blunder on my end ......is anyone having issues with the stock 2 speed ...2nd gear wearing out ....what i mean is the little pin inside the 2nd gear ( that shaft armm grabs on too
0 starts too pull thru the plastic after a long day of racing it ...i have already started using the newer gears (supposingly from the kyosho evolva,,but the problem is still there.. one of my boys told me about a transmission called the "black hawk" cost is bout 150.00................has anyone heard of this or even better how to get rid of this problem a more inexpensive way
The Blackhawk transmission is one way to go. Kyosho now has their version of it as an upgrade to the current stock transmission. It goes from $69.99 to $89.99 depending on what website you order it. The main problem is that it is "out-of-stock" just about every place you check today. Kyosho doesn't seem to be in a major hurry to produce a large number of the new transmissions and get them to the buying consumer that is demanding them. But you will eventually need to upgrade from the finger-style two-speed that is currently in the car.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

You are welcome and no need to apologize. We have all had computer issues before. I used that setup and tweaked it a little for my driving style and it is still working for me. Again, good luck with getting it set up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.