R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-11-2010, 08:14 AM   #3466
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbo713 View Post
With the proposed ROAR rules the car I built is a car my car may not be legal it is a shaft driven car I just converted a dm-1 to the jammin truggy chasis so a lot of folks have done it so will it force us to buy a production kit
Tbo Dude, why worry about it?

At Ipanema Sports GT only events you're good to go!

Jlock,

You're one of the "Good old boys" of GT racing, relax it'll be cool.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #3467
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jlock, I'm for one not doubting you or your experience in the GT class. I asked your advice when I first found this class. Now I turned into a sponge by listening to all and filtering out the nonsense. I will help all who run this class now, its my new baby. Long live GT racing!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #3468
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.leisurehours.com/flyers/flyer/2010byron.pdf Hope this link works. Byron race coming soon A good way to warm up for the upcoming Gt Nats at Leisure hours raceway. Sign up before June for your Free T-shirt. And get a shot at the GT worlds stock champ. All for $25.00

Oh I forgot .. We get to see if J Speed can drive or not
Bubba Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #3469
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDCrow Send a message via Skype™ to JDCrow

Quote:
With the proposed ROAR rules the car I built is a car my car may not be legal it is a shaft driven car I just converted a dm-1 to the jammin truggy chasis so a lot of folks have done it so will it force us to buy a production kit
Jammin Truggy Chassis has a kickup in the front. I dont believe you will be forced to buy a production kit.

ROAR has requested your participation in creating a set of specs for this class. They have announced and provided a "comment period" for interested parties to get involved. From what Ive seen, theres been very few people take the time to send in suggestions or recommendations.
JDCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #3470
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCrow View Post
ROAR has requested your participation in creating a set of specs for this class. They have announced and provided a "comment period" for interested parties to get involved. From what Ive seen, theres been very few people take the time to send in suggestions or recommendations.
Has the link been opened. I could not post on their site when this topic was introduced. I have only posted here and SteveP has so noted.

The cutout for the 2 speed is larger on the GT while the truggy chassis are meant for a single speed. I haven't checked... does the two speed hit the chassis with the single speed cutout?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #3471
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDCrow Send a message via Skype™ to JDCrow

Most effective thing to do is send comments directly so the Committees can work thru the details.

Please contact fuelsection@roarracing.com or technicaldir@roarracing.com
JDCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #3472
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Cola View Post
http://www.leisurehours.com/flyers/flyer/2010byron.pdf Hope this link works. Byron race coming soon A good way to warm up for the upcoming Gt Nats at Leisure hours raceway. Sign up before June for your Free T-shirt. And get a shot at the GT worlds stock champ. All for $25.00

Oh I forgot .. We get to see if J Speed can drive or not
Been so long since I’ve raced, lets see… turn the wheel to the left to go right, or was it the other way around?

No worries, I’m sure you'll be able to give me a refresher “crash course”
Old 05-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #3473
Tech Addict

Quote:
I don't think you will have any problems because:
  1. your chassis has front kick up
  2. the DM-1 uses the same diffs as the Jammin X1
  3. you won't have any unfair advantage
  4. 1/8 scale buggy and truggy conversions are allowed (at least in Ipanena races)
jneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #3474
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneg View Post
I don't think you will have any problems because:
  1. your chassis has front kick up
  2. the DM-1 uses the same diffs as the Jammin X1
  3. you won't have any unfair advantage
  4. 1/8 scale buggy and truggy conversions are allowed (at least in Ipanena races)
I think the spur gear cutout in the truggy chassis will have to be opened up--modifying the chassis. If things like this are frowned upon the 2-speed will have to be spaced up off the chassis a few millimeters. This is the only part of the "modifying" phrase that concerns me.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #3475
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
I think the spur gear cutout in the truggy chassis will have to be opened up--modifying the chassis. If things like this are frowned upon the 2-speed will have to be spaced up off the chassis a few millimeters. This is the only part of the "modifying" phrase that concerns me.
No big deal, just break out the dremel and ream that chassis a new.....

You could also put "truggy" spacers under the diff bulk-heads to jack it up to clear your 1st spur gear, but you'll be moving the center of gravity up a little doing it that way.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #3476
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Speed Freak View Post
Guys,

There is race coming up this weekend at the Kissimmee, FL Track. Trying to get as many people as possible to race some 1/8 Scale GT. If you can make it check out the Kissimmee track thread.

Best Regards,

Paul
Anybody wanna race this weekend on the big track with Paul & I?

We need at least 2 more GT racers to get the class going again down here.

Kissimmee this weekend!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #3477
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to BiggDogg33
Default GT CARS CAN BE ADDED TO THE N,C.STATE ONROADRACE!!!

IF ANY GUYS WANT TO RACE AT THE N.C. STATE RACE FOR THE GT CLASS DM-1'S OR IGT,S IT CAN BE ADDED AS LONG IF WE CAN CAN GET 10 OR MORE TO PARTICIPATE, AND TO MAKE SURE THERES ENOUGH MARSHALLS FOR THE NEXT RACE THAT FOLLOWS!!!!! EVEN THOUGH ITS KINDA CLOSE TO THE RACE DATE US GT GUYS CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN FOR SURE!!!! IF U ARE INTERESTED PLEASE SIGN UP ON THE.....N.C,STATE RACE THREAD UNDER THE RACING FORUM!!!!! LETS GET IT IN FOR SURE!!!!

GT 1/8TH IS A CLASS TOO AND IS VERY EXCITING!
KYOSHO M3EVOLVA,RRREVOWCE,RRREVO2WCE,DM-1,DM-1SPEC,IGT2,EXOTEK18,EREVO1/16T,EXOTEKHPICUPRACER,TAMIYA416X,DRAGREVOS,TEAMWALBERNS,NEWERAFUNNYCAR,LOSI2.0BUGGY,MBX6,MBX6T,ATOMICMODBUILTMINIZ,NINJAMOTORS,KOPROPO,JRSERVOS,SPEKTRUM2.4GHZ,BYRONSFUEL,NOVAKBRUSHLESS,FGSHORTCHASISGT5THSCALE,(MRX5 8THSCALE SOON)!!!LIPOBATTERIES,DUALHYPERIONCHARGER,and the worlds fastest ofna crt.5 truggy!!!
BiggDogg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:46 AM   #3478
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Talking OFNA wheels saICF

Just purchased a set of OFNA wheels and belted dadials that included foam inserts. My question is...can one use 1/8 buggy molded inserts instead of the foam inserts.

Thanks
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:03 AM   #3479
Tech Elite

You can but why....you could of just bought ipanemas and be done with it. Local racers here are doing what your thinking of doing. The problem with ofna tires are they tend to wear really thin over the wheel rim part of the tire. Good Luck
Old 05-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #3480
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Anybody wanna race this weekend on the big track with Paul & I?

We need at least 2 more GT racers to get the class going again down here.

Kissimmee this weekend!
Jeff,I talked to JGreen last week and he and Kyle are planning on coming for the GT class
kmichael is offline   Reply With Quote