Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 01-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Took the new GT out for its first drive today. The thing is a blast to drive. I did notice alot of brake fade to the point of almost no brakes. What kind of brake upgrades are guys doing to fix this?
Old 01-21-2008, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default Ofna GTP

Went to the hobby shop yesterday, and they got in the OFNA GTP with the Porsche 911 body. It is also a ready to run kit. Priced comparable to the IGT. The kit did come standard with front and rear sway bars, two speed transmission , OFNA .28 pull start engine and pipe, and flat rear hinge pin alignment. Other than that the car was much like the Kyosho. I'm wondering if this car would be allowed in a SPEC class even though it's not a Kyosho? I know it will be for the Midwest Series, but with the RC Pro Series and other tracks they are limiting it to the Kyosho IGT.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

RayJ I have the Ofna GTPII also. Mine started out as stock but as all of us do, I modded it. I asked many of the Kyosho guys could I race with them in their series by putting my original motor back in and many have come back to me with a big NO. Not all tracks have this rule. My Ofna will be racing in the unlimited/open class. I think that Kyosho created a class so that the playing field could be uniform and also promote their car. Sorta like IROC. The IGT rules are for IGT cars. After I super modded my UltraII and love the way it came out, I reciently bought a IGT just to race in that class. My only problem is that I want to get hop-ups and the rules are pretty stiff on mods.

$400.00 is not a bad hit. Most of my motors cost more than the car! The Ferrari will look good in my fleet!

Last edited by GHETTOTEACHER; 08-23-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
RayJ I have the Ofna GTPII also. Mine started out as stock but as all of us do, I modded it. I asked many of the Kyosho guys could I race with them in their series by putting my original motor back in and many have come back to me with a big NO. Not all tracks have this rule. My Ofna will be racing in the unlimited/open class. I think that Kyosho created a class so that the playing field could be uniform and also promote their car. Sorta like IROC. The IGT rules are for IGT cars. After I super modded my UltraII and love the way it came out, I reciently bought a IGT just to race in that class. My only problem is that I want to get hop-ups and the rules are pretty stiff on mods.

$400.00 is not a bad hit. Most of my motors cost more than the car! The Ferrari will look good in my fleet!

You can race them both while you're at Tampa's SS Raceway!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JASON MAC
Took the new GT out for its first drive today. The thing is a blast to drive. I did notice alot of brake fade to the point of almost no brakes. What kind of brake upgrades are guys doing to fix this?
there's a sp brake disk & brake shoes from kyosho
Old 01-23-2008, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Hello guys, we have just released the IGT class in Finland, following the stock class rules you have created in the U.S. (and been described in this forum). I'm very excited at this point, unfortunately we still need to wait for a while the tracks to open. This forum has been in a remarkable role for making that happen so I want to thank you all for this - Thanks!
Old 01-24-2008, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Very cool

Best of luck to you, I hope you enjoy the kyosho Inferno GT Spec class as much as we do
Old 01-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I can tell you that the Bass Pro Series in Jackson, MS for 2008 the IGT class will be a great class. We have followed the rules that Jspeed is using (mostly) so people can go to other events and run... Looking for a great program in 2008 and looking to see what is developing in other parts of the contry....
Old 01-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JASON MAC
guys i see at the track put in the new break pads
they seem to work great
Old 01-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Kyosho offers a sintered brake pad and a machined rotor. I'll try to post the part #'s tonight unless someone beats me to the punch. Using both of these parts I had virtually no brake fade when running a big, fast track at the Airtronics GP in Vegas last weekend.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not sure if I missed the announcement or not. Has it been decided if these are going to run in the Midwest Series?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Old 01-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Now... fire it up, drop it on the track and see how long it stays pretty...
Old 01-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Has anybody gotten the break kit upgrate for the IGT? Any part numbers?
Old 01-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

The rotor is: IFW122

sintered pads: IFW324

together they make a huge difference in power and fade resistance.

Last edited by Zootcapri; 01-25-2008 at 03:25 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.