Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 01-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The clear Ferrari body is now available from Kyosho. There are two of us locally with 'our' colors on that body. I will try to post a photo tomorrow from the Airtronics GP in Vegas.

I still really like the red Ferrari though.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
If they do I want one too

Teacher, you still gonna come to Tampa this winter?
Yea man! I just found out that one of my uncles lives a few blocks from your playground!!

I'm just trying to figure out how I'm gonna get my toy down there if I fly? I'm aiming at Feb for me heading that way. If I can't bring mine down there, I may have to buy one when I am there. Then ship it back home.

I built the thing up here, but have not run it due to the weather. You guys gotta be easy on me when I get there!!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is a pipe upgrade legal in this class? And what options do you have when the engine wears out? Do you have to buy another stock engine or can you get something like an OS VG?
Old 01-18-2008, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Is a pipe upgrade legal in this class? And what options do you have when the engine wears out? Do you have to buy another stock engine or can you get something like an OS VG?
What I plan to propose for the Atlanta group is that the pipe and engine can't be changed and when replaced an original part must be used. The goal is to keep the cars as much the same from the point of view of performance as possible.

Here are the rules that were posted earlier that are being used by a club that has an Inferno GT class;

The major rules for the IGT Spec class racing program at SS Raceway are as follows:

1. All cars must be Kyosho Inferno GT cars or Kyosho inferno Buggies converted to IGT specs only.
2. Cars may use any transmitter, receivers, servos and battery pack system desired by the racer.
3. Cars must use stock Kyosho IGT .28 engines with pull start systems intact & fully operational.
4. Engines & carburetors must be factory stock. (With the exception of head shim selection/tuning, due to the racer’s fuel of choice.
5. The maximum nitro percentage allowed is 30%.
6. No internal engine modifications are permitted & engines and may be “tech-challenged” at the discretion of the “Race Director” & "Tech Team" at the end of any “Main”.
7. Cars must retain Kyosho IGT factory stock flywheels. (No lightening or removal of material permitted)
8. Cars must retain Kyosho IGT factory clutch bell & shoes. (IGT optional carbon-graphite shoes and clutch springs are permitted. No centax or 3 shoe clutch systems are permitted in IGT Spec class)
9. Cars must retain IGT factory exhaust system, with no modifications.
10. Cars must retain IGT factory 2 speed transmission assemblies & factory available gearing.
11. Cars must use Kyosho “V-Slick tires” or IGT RTR factory rubber tires only.(Unless approved by the "Race Director" & "Tech Team")
12. Cars must use IGT factory equipped shocks & factory black springs.
13. Only IGT factory available optional “braces”, suspension “blocks” and “sway bars” are permitted. Suspension modifications or “set-up” changes are permitted as long as they are IGT available optional parts. Any Shock & Diff Oil changes are also permitted.
14. Cars must all use Kyosho IGT factory stock “Blue” chassis. (No optional chassis or lightening of stock chassis is permitted)
15. Cars must use “GT Super-Car or Sedan” type bodies with the rear wing available to specific body chosen by the racer.
16. Cars may add a 5th body post and custom foam front bumper to to improve body support/protection.
17. Cars may upgrade brake pads & discs to improve performance.

Lee
Old 01-18-2008, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Same here at SS Speedway in Tampa.

We’re trying to keep the Kyosho “IGT Spec “class cars very close to box stock for our 10 race/2drop series.

The cars basically run in stock form with unmodified engines, pipes, clutches & rubber slicks. The only real up-grades to them are limited to available Kyosho options or “bolt-ons” made for the car. It makes for some very close “door to door” racing that is a lot of fun and a relatively inexpensive class.

There is also a “GT Open” class for any type of “Rally GT” car regardless of manufacturer, engine or whatever. This class is intended for anyone that wants to run a highly modified “Rally GT” type vehicle.

So far, we’re experiencing fantastic interest & growth in the Kyosho “IGT Spec” class cars, but its only a matter of time before the “GT Open” class gains popularity too.

Can't wait to fire up my Kyosho Saturday morning for round #3 of our IGT Spec class series
Old 01-18-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

YO,JEFF I GOT MY CAR TOGETHER AND WILL TRY TO
GET IT TO THE TRACK,YOU KNOW ME OPEN CLASS ALL THE WAY
AND I WILL GET YOU THERE SOME HOW
Old 01-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RANDY SMOOTH
YO,JEFF I GOT MY CAR TOGETHER AND WILL TRY TO
GET IT TO THE TRACK,YOU KNOW ME OPEN CLASS ALL THE WAY
AND I WILL GET YOU THERE SOME HOW
Whats up wildman?

I can see myself running more than one class, these cars are too much fun.

See ya at the track in the morning
Old 01-18-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
Yea man! I just found out that one of my uncles lives a few blocks from your playground!!

I'm just trying to figure out how I'm gonna get my toy down there if I fly? I'm aiming at Feb for me heading that way. If I can't bring mine down there, I may have to buy one when I am there. Then ship it back home.

I built the thing up here, but have not run it due to the weather. You guys gotta be easy on me when I get there!!
How long are you going to be in the area?
Old 01-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
How long are you going to be in the area?
I'm trying to be there for 4 days. My GTP is not stock anymore. I might just get a IGT for Kyosho races like I have a HPI for the challenge races.

UPDATE: As of 1/18/08, I ordered a IGT. Now I got a Kyosho...... also

Thanks Lee! LOL

Last edited by GHETTOTEACHER; 01-19-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone know if SS stocks all the IGT stuff? I need a couple sets of 55 V-Slicks, the suspension mounts, the front brace, and the brake pads for the 20th.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ESWLFSE
Does anyone know if SS stocks all the IGT stuff? I need a couple sets of 55 V-Slicks, the suspension mounts, the front brace, and the brake pads for the 20th.
yes they do, ss has lots of IGT parts
Old 01-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

20th?????????
I don't think so. they're having the Florida Dirt Oval Series race #1 there tomorrow.
The on-road race was moved to today.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Yes very sad. I stopped by for a bit with my wife after she picked me up from the airport Sat. and watched Jeff race around along with some 1:10 sedans. I don't suppose the oval race happened today after the rain last night. Picked up some slicks at SS though and met Ronnie.

Looking forward to weekend after next now. I finally have the IGT running and have been drifting around the garage all day.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry I didn’t get to meet you yesterday.

We got some new tires in for testing for the IGT cars. I gotta say, I still think the best rubber slicks for these cars are still the Kyosho 55 Shore V-Slicks.

See ya next weekend!
Old 01-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

I was wondering about the secret tires... was gonna ask about those but you were having too much fun with the car to bother you. After a bit I had to get home and finally finish mine instead of staying longer.

Unfortunately I'll find myself back in WI one last time painting the old house some more and sulking about the Packers loss next weekend. See y'all the weekend after.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.