Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Is a pipe upgrade legal in this class? And what options do you have when the engine wears out? Do you have to buy another stock engine or can you get something like an OS VG?
What I plan to propose for the Atlanta group is that the pipe and engine can't be changed and when replaced an original part must be used. The goal is to keep the cars as much the same from the point of view of performance as possible.
Here are the rules that were posted earlier that are being used by a club that has an Inferno GT class;
The major rules for the IGT Spec class racing program at SS Raceway are as follows:
1. All cars must be Kyosho Inferno GT cars or Kyosho inferno Buggies converted to IGT specs only.
2. Cars may use any transmitter, receivers, servos and battery pack system desired by the racer.
3. Cars must use stock Kyosho IGT .28 engines with pull start systems intact & fully operational.
4. Engines & carburetors must be factory stock. (With the exception of head shim selection/tuning, due to the racer’s fuel of choice.
5. The maximum nitro percentage allowed is 30%.
6. No internal engine modifications are permitted & engines and may be “tech-challenged” at the discretion of the “Race Director” & "Tech Team" at the end of any “Main”.
7. Cars must retain Kyosho IGT factory stock flywheels. (No lightening or removal of material permitted)
8. Cars must retain Kyosho IGT factory clutch bell & shoes. (IGT optional carbon-graphite shoes and clutch springs are permitted. No centax or 3 shoe clutch systems are permitted in IGT Spec class)
9. Cars must retain IGT factory exhaust system, with no modifications.
10. Cars must retain IGT factory 2 speed transmission assemblies & factory available gearing.
11. Cars must use Kyosho “V-Slick tires” or IGT RTR factory rubber tires only.(Unless approved by the "Race Director" & "Tech Team")
12. Cars must use IGT factory equipped shocks & factory black springs.
13. Only IGT factory available optional “braces”, suspension “blocks” and “sway bars” are permitted. Suspension modifications or “set-up” changes are permitted as long as they are IGT available optional parts. Any Shock & Diff Oil changes are also permitted.
14. Cars must all use Kyosho IGT factory stock “Blue” chassis. (No optional chassis or lightening of stock chassis is permitted)
15. Cars must use “GT Super-Car or Sedan” type bodies with the rear wing available to specific body chosen by the racer.
16. Cars may add a 5th body post and custom foam front bumper to to improve body support/protection.
17. Cars may upgrade brake pads & discs to improve performance.