R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #3226
wwoodruff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
Which one(s) have you tried and what did your car do/not do? I ran a front in both my cars and I liked it. Made the car smoother entering corners, with more steering/power exiting, and less tire spin. I only used the Fioroni Tractive IV diff, specifically a rear diff, but used in the front. The Fioroni rear diff has 40 degree ramps, whereas the front uses 120. I never got around to trying 120 in the front.
Are they legal to use according to any rules out their for the GT cars?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #3227
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,381
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoodruff View Post
Are they legal to use according to any rules out their for the GT cars?
Probably in the open class but not in the spec class.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #3228
Tech Addict
 
JRRobiso's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 659
Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Unhappy DIFF OIL LEAK ON NEW RTR INFERNO GT2

I'm in the process of changing parts I like to update on my GT2 and noticed that the front diff is leaking when it was assembled.

I haven't had the chance to break-in the motor yet. Just started the process of updating the servos, Rx and some bits here and there and that's when I noticed the front diff leak. Would anyone who also has the same RTR kit, know the factory diff oil rating that was used or probably suggest what other diff oils I can use instead. I currently have in my pit box: Kyosho 10k, Losi 7k/5k/3k.

Thanks for the input/tips.
__________________
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #3229
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,110
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

JR remove the wood screw on the diffs and throw them away. Replace them with machine screw and the diff leakage will be minimised.

Those wood screws eventually back out and snap!
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #3230
Tech Apprentice
 
vbabani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 58
Send a message via MSN to vbabani Send a message via Skype™ to vbabani
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRobiso View Post
I'm in the process of changing parts I like to update on my GT2 and noticed that the front diff is leaking when it was assembled.

I haven't had the chance to break-in the motor yet. Just started the process of updating the servos, Rx and some bits here and there and that's when I noticed the front diff leak. Would anyone who also has the same RTR kit, know the factory diff oil rating that was used or probably suggest what other diff oils I can use instead. I currently have in my pit box: Kyosho 10k, Losi 7k/5k/3k.

Thanks for the input/tips.
we normally use 80k to 100k diff lube on the front and 4k on the back from Kyosho
vbabani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #3231
Tech Addict
 
JRRobiso's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 659
Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
JR remove the wood screw on the diffs and throw them away. Replace them with machine screw and the diff leakage will be minimised.

Those wood screws eventually back out and snap!
Thanks Raman...

Okay. I might as well change the diff oil and shock oil rating since I have to take the front diff case apart. Better yet...update the screws at the same time since I just ordered the screw set by RCScrews and will be receiving it by next week.

The manual states it used 3k for the F/R diffs and 350 for F/R shocks. What other diff and shock oil ratings can be used as base set-up if ever I decide to race it? I also will be installing front/rear stabilizers.

Would really appreciate if anyone can post their set-up.

Thanks.
__________________
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #3232
wwoodruff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
JR remove the wood screw on the diffs and throw them away. Replace them with machine screw and the diff leakage will be minimised.

Those wood screws eventually back out and snap!
I've never had that happen, my diffs don't leak either. If you change to machine screws it might be a good idea to replace the diff carriers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #3233
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: manhattan, il
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRobiso View Post
Thanks Raman...

Okay. I might as well change the diff oil and shock oil rating since I have to take the front diff case apart. Better yet...update the screws at the same time since I just ordered the screw set by RCScrews and will be receiving it by next week.

The manual states it used 3k for the F/R diffs and 350 for F/R shocks. What other diff and shock oil ratings can be used as base set-up if ever I decide to race it? I also will be installing front/rear stabilizers.

Would really appreciate if anyone can post their set-up.

Thanks.
try 30,000 f, 4,000 r, 90w f, 80w r . 2.8 sway f and no sway r. this will put u in the ball park. then adjust toe, camber, ride height , droop, and caster to dial it in acording to what the car is doing. hope this helps
bigcat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #3234
wwoodruff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRobiso View Post
Thanks Raman...

Okay. I might as well change the diff oil and shock oil rating since I have to take the front diff case apart. Better yet...update the screws at the same time since I just ordered the screw set by RCScrews and will be receiving it by next week.

The manual states it used 3k for the F/R diffs and 350 for F/R shocks. What other diff and shock oil ratings can be used as base set-up if ever I decide to race it? I also will be installing front/rear stabilizers.

Would really appreciate if anyone can post their set-up.

Thanks.
Start with a good set of tires like the Ipanemas, the kit ones are bricks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #3235
Tech Addict
 
JRRobiso's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 659
Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Thumbs up THANK YOU

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Really appreciate it.
__________________
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #3236
Tech Elite
 
Pit-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali/Texas
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I used mugen 30k frt. and 10k rear for diff. shocks assoc. 80 frt. and 70 rear ride ht. 9 frt. 10 rear
__________________
www.igthobbies.com / Serpent Eryx 3.0 / Desoto Racing / Veytrex.com / JZRacing / RcShox / IGT8 Red
Pit-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #3237
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,110
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoodruff View Post
I've never had that happen, my diffs don't leak either. If you change to machine screws it might be a good idea to replace the diff carriers.
I replaced my rear diff case a month ago because of this. 2 screws were broken and 2 had backed out. Metric 3mm machine screws thread are close together and won't back out of the plastic.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #3238
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,381
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Never had an issue with my diffs as far as leaks were concerned. I treated my IGTs like 200mm touring cars as far as front/rear diff oils where concerned. It lucked up and worked for me. Upgrading the shock oils to the 50wt-60wt range helped. Two degrees negative camber on all fours is working for me right now.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #3239
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
Which one(s) have you tried and what did your car do/not do? I ran a front in both my cars and I liked it. Made the car smoother entering corners, with more steering/power exiting, and less tire spin. I only used the Fioroni Tractive IV diff, specifically a rear diff, but used in the front. The Fioroni rear diff has 40 degree ramps, whereas the front uses 120. I never got around to trying 120 in the front.
I think it was 110 in front, not exactly Fironi but Italian made Tactyl which is basically the same thing. The car was Inferno GT1. Regular diff with 60K oil was more into my liking. Tactyl was too loose and unpredictable somehow. In offroad Tactyls were great.
__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #3240
Tech Champion
 
FastPete's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,202
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know what those brakes are off of in post 3225 or part numbers? Cant find out what they are?

Thanks Pete
__________________
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro Off-Road 5 03-20-2012 11:03 AM
JRX-S based 4wd buggy?? Why was the idea scrapped? cpatel529 Electric Off-Road 33 12-08-2007 06:19 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-26-2006 11:40 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 13 09-30-2006 10:31 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 03-21-2006 01:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:45 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net