Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 04:28 PM
wwoodruff

Originally Posted by garen
Which one(s) have you tried and what did your car do/not do? I ran a front in both my cars and I liked it. Made the car smoother entering corners, with more steering/power exiting, and less tire spin. I only used the Fioroni Tractive IV diff, specifically a rear diff, but used in the front. The Fioroni rear diff has 40 degree ramps, whereas the front uses 120. I never got around to trying 120 in the front.
Are they legal to use according to any rules out their for the GT cars?

Old 04-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwoodruff
Are they legal to use according to any rules out their for the GT cars?
Probably in the open class but not in the spec class.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Unhappy DIFF OIL LEAK ON NEW RTR INFERNO GT2

I'm in the process of changing parts I like to update on my GT2 and noticed that the front diff is leaking when it was assembled.

I haven't had the chance to break-in the motor yet. Just started the process of updating the servos, Rx and some bits here and there and that's when I noticed the front diff leak. Would anyone who also has the same RTR kit, know the factory diff oil rating that was used or probably suggest what other diff oils I can use instead. I currently have in my pit box: Kyosho 10k, Losi 7k/5k/3k.

Thanks for the input/tips.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

JR remove the wood screw on the diffs and throw them away. Replace them with machine screw and the diff leakage will be minimised.

Those wood screws eventually back out and snap!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
I'm in the process of changing parts I like to update on my GT2 and noticed that the front diff is leaking when it was assembled.

I haven't had the chance to break-in the motor yet. Just started the process of updating the servos, Rx and some bits here and there and that's when I noticed the front diff leak. Would anyone who also has the same RTR kit, know the factory diff oil rating that was used or probably suggest what other diff oils I can use instead. I currently have in my pit box: Kyosho 10k, Losi 7k/5k/3k.

Thanks for the input/tips.
we normally use 80k to 100k diff lube on the front and 4k on the back from Kyosho
Old 04-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Arrow

Originally Posted by Raman
JR remove the wood screw on the diffs and throw them away. Replace them with machine screw and the diff leakage will be minimised.

Thanks Raman...

Okay. I might as well change the diff oil and shock oil rating since I have to take the front diff case apart. Better yet...update the screws at the same time since I just ordered the screw set by RCScrews and will be receiving it by next week.

The manual states it used 3k for the F/R diffs and 350 for F/R shocks. What other diff and shock oil ratings can be used as base set-up if ever I decide to race it? I also will be installing front/rear stabilizers.

Would really appreciate if anyone can post their set-up.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:59 PM
wwoodruff

Originally Posted by Raman

I've never had that happen, my diffs don't leak either. If you change to machine screws it might be a good idea to replace the diff carriers.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Raman...

Okay. I might as well change the diff oil and shock oil rating since I have to take the front diff case apart. Better yet...update the screws at the same time since I just ordered the screw set by RCScrews and will be receiving it by next week.

The manual states it used 3k for the F/R diffs and 350 for F/R shocks. What other diff and shock oil ratings can be used as base set-up if ever I decide to race it? I also will be installing front/rear stabilizers.

Thanks.
try 30,000 f, 4,000 r, 90w f, 80w r . 2.8 sway f and no sway r. this will put u in the ball park. then adjust toe, camber, ride height , droop, and caster to dial it in acording to what the car is doing. hope this helps
Old 04-02-2010, 03:06 PM
wwoodruff

Thanks Raman...

Thanks.
Start with a good set of tires like the Ipanemas, the kit ones are bricks.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up THANK YOU

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Really appreciate it.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

I used mugen 30k frt. and 10k rear for diff. shocks assoc. 80 frt. and 70 rear ride ht. 9 frt. 10 rear
Old 04-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwoodruff
I've never had that happen, my diffs don't leak either. If you change to machine screws it might be a good idea to replace the diff carriers.
I replaced my rear diff case a month ago because of this. 2 screws were broken and 2 had backed out. Metric 3mm machine screws thread are close together and won't back out of the plastic.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Never had an issue with my diffs as far as leaks were concerned. I treated my IGTs like 200mm touring cars as far as front/rear diff oils where concerned. It lucked up and worked for me. Upgrading the shock oils to the 50wt-60wt range helped. Two degrees negative camber on all fours is working for me right now.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by garen
Which one(s) have you tried and what did your car do/not do? I ran a front in both my cars and I liked it. Made the car smoother entering corners, with more steering/power exiting, and less tire spin. I only used the Fioroni Tractive IV diff, specifically a rear diff, but used in the front. The Fioroni rear diff has 40 degree ramps, whereas the front uses 120. I never got around to trying 120 in the front.
I think it was 110 in front, not exactly Fironi but Italian made Tactyl which is basically the same thing. The car was Inferno GT1. Regular diff with 60K oil was more into my liking. Tactyl was too loose and unpredictable somehow. In offroad Tactyls were great.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Anyone know what those brakes are off of in post 3225 or part numbers? Cant find out what they are?

Thanks Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.