R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-25-2010, 06:08 AM   #3136
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Kyosho GT1/GT2 are approx. same weight around 3600-3700gr in ready to run form.

But with modifications (lipo rx pack, enlightened chassis, not carbon chassis though, lighweight drive axles, non-pullstart engine & racing pipe, carbon top decks & servo tray etc.) Kyosho can be get to 3400gr or even below tank empty. Of course this will at least double the cost of the car, but what wouldn't one do for winning ;-)
There is no hop-up substitute for a pair of talented hands...

dava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:32 AM   #3137
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dava View Post

THAT IS SOOOO TRUE and its a rule that applies to any class

Steve I agree with you 100% please keep us posted on the rules, sounds like you have a better knowledge to make it happen.

Jeff I guess I didnt know the whole story then, but I hope to see you next season at the state series, we'll show them what the class is capable of doing.

Rino Lino.
rinolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:43 AM   #3138
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dava View Post

+2

With everything said, if you can't drive, it doesn't matter how lite or heavy your car is!!! Let's just not lose sight of what this class is suppose to be with all this throwing around of new rules, etc: having competitive fun while not breaking the bank. I currently race 200mm, 1/8th scale Lola-body, and electric touring and I can tell you that my most fun is with the IGT cars because I don't have to have all the latest, greatest stuff in my car to be competitive. David Ortiz set TQ in spec with a $150 USD OS engine and was not that far off the pace of the open class TQ whose engine was well over $300 USD.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:57 AM   #3139
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jeff V. I had a great time even with the black cloud over my head Friday and Saturday. Great to put faces with names. Meet new people and make new friends. Thanks Jeff for all your hard work to put this races together.
Doug. Thank you for your hard work to make a great, no AWSOME track to race on.
Fellow racers. Thank you all for coming and making this first ever GT worlds the best race I've be to in years.
I now want a chance to race with my new friends so please Post any big races you guys have coming up so we can get together again.

Thanks
Bernie " Bubbacola "
Old 03-25-2010, 07:42 AM   #3140
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Kyosho GT1/GT2 are approx. same weight around 3600-3700gr in ready to run form.

But with modifications (lipo rx pack, enlightened chassis, not carbon chassis though, lighweight drive axles, non-pullstart engine & racing pipe, carbon top decks & servo tray etc.) Kyosho can be get to 3400gr or even below tank empty. Of course this will at least double the cost of the car, but what wouldn't one do for winning ;-)
Thanks, for the information, that is what I was guessing.

For those who do not understand grams I converted the weight to pounds and ounces for you. 3600 grams is 7 pounds 15 ounces and 3700 grams is 8 pounds 2.5 ounces.

It makes sense to me that the minimum dry weight without fuel should be somewhere between these 2 weights including a personal transponder.
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #3141
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Did you even READ anything I wrote, or did the lemming in your come out the second you saw the word ROAR? You have no idea what I'm proposing, the reason I'm proposing it, or the background I already have in GT racing and the hobby in general for decades. So out of everything I DID say, all you can muster is some small-minded crap about the process being "political" and, BTW, a process which you know NOTHING about?

I've been in discussion with Jeff from the beginning about his race and the rules for it, so you've already unwittingly raced under many of the same rules that will be included in the ROAR proposal. Do you feel dirty now? If you have any interest in raising your maturity level high enough to have a civilized discussion and offer some intelligent feedback, then great. But if you're going to whine like a petulant little kid who is desperate to be part of the herd, then you can count me as one that would rather you not post.

Steve,
I apologize for my inconsiderate attitude towards this.I'm sure you have the best interest for this class.I will keep out of this discussion,but please keep the rules as simple as possible.

Best Regards,
Tim Phanidasak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
My pleasure Steve.

By the way, go easy on Timmo, he is actually an amazing person and I sincerely don't believe what he wrote was directed at you
Raman,
My good friend,thank you for the support.You are right,my text was not intended towards any person.I apologize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
+1

Timmo must have had his beer glasses on, lol

Must of been delusional or lack of mental awareness of this.Something in the cerebrum not functioning properly.lol..
Timmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:04 AM   #3142
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to vbabani Send a message via Skype™ to vbabani

i just heard from good source that kyosho very soon will release the next generation if IGT.

Inferno GT 3

letīs hope that will have many improvements
vbabani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:26 AM   #3143
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Noooooooo.....say it isn't true. I just bought a GT2 couple of weeks ago! Thank goodness I have a good set of racing hands.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #3144
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Timmo;7184800]Steve,
I apologize for my inconsiderate attitude towards this.I'm sure you have the best interest for this class.I will keep out of this discussion,but please keep the rules as simple as possible.

Best Regards,
Tim PhanidasakQUOTE]

Tim,

I have 100% total faith in Steve Pond, he is a cornerstone of our GT classes, our largest supporter, dedicated advocate for the GT and a good friend.

We are all very lucky to have Steve in our corner.

Thanks!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #3145
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinolino View Post
THAT IS SOOOO TRUE and its a rule that applies to any class

Steve I agree with you 100% please keep us posted on the rules, sounds like you have a better knowledge to make it happen.

Jeff I guess I didnt know the whole story then, but I hope to see you next season at the state series, we'll show them what the class is capable of doing.

Rino Lino.
+1

I look forward to racing again in the series someday.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:43 AM   #3146
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Cola View Post
Jeff V. I had a great time even with the black cloud over my head Friday and Saturday. Great to put faces with names. Meet new people and make new friends. Thanks Jeff for all your hard work to put this races together.
Doug. Thank you for your hard work to make a great, no AWSOME track to race on.
Fellow racers. Thank you all for coming and making this first ever GT worlds the best race I've be to in years.
I now want a chance to race with my new friends so please Post any big races you guys have coming up so we can get together again.

Thanks
Bernie " Bubbacola "

I feel the same way.
Can't wait to run up to Leisure Hours for your Byrons race.
Are you considering running both Spec & Open classes?

I hope you can make an Open class, didn't get to run my GT1 car much during our race down here and would love to try it out at your place.

Thanks for making the trip to Homestead, see you this summer!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #3147
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbabani View Post
i just heard from good source that kyosho very soon will release the next generation if IGT.

Inferno GT 3

letīs hope that will have many improvements
See you soon my friend, looking into airfares tonight!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #3148
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to vbabani Send a message via Skype™ to vbabani

Quote:
+1

I look forward to racing again in the series someday.
Quote:
See you soon my friend, looking into airfares tonight!
Ok Jeff , let me know
vbabani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:01 AM   #3149
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmo View Post
Steve,

Best Regards,
Tim Phanidasak

Raman,
My good friend,thank you for the support.You are right,my text was not intended towards any person.I apologize.

Must of been delusional or lack of mental awareness of this.Something in the cerebrum not functioning properly.lol..
Tim, you raced and already have cars for this class. You have every right to express your opinions, whether I or anyone else agrees with you. This is a public forum for people who may not agree on everything. Do not be intimidated by a negative post about your opinions. I hope you continue to race and express yourself.
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #3150
Tech Apprentice

Let me first thank Jeff and all the guys at the Hometead Track for putting on a great race

Does anyone know where all the video that was taken at the GT Race will show up?????

Steve M
MARYLAND
KO Propo
Spektrum
ALMS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote