Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Thank all of ya'll, this is really gonna be a great event.
Lets all get ready to have too much fun at Homestead.

Live R/C equipment is in, should be a great show for those that couldn't make it.

Pick up throphies on the 17th, total custom made in Miami real nice.

My car is still not together, lucky for you guys in the GT1 class, would have tried to sneak in some track time, lol

See ya'll soon enough!
Old 03-16-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
What shore do we use? I've tried store shelf ofna #86505 and they don't last more than maybe 3-4 race days.
Pit,

For the most part, the Ipanema shores you want to use is 40 and 45. When it is cooler, go with 35 shore and when it gets extremely hot, you can use their 50 and 55 shore. If you let me know what you need, I can pick some up for you while I am in Homestead racing. Once you try the Ipanema tires, you will junk the rest that you have been using.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Thank all of ya'll, this is really gonna be a great event.
Lets all get ready to have too much fun at Homestead.

Live R/C equipment is in, should be a great show for those that couldn't make it.

Pick up throphies on the 17th, total custom made in Miami real nice.

My car is still not together, lucky for you guys in the GT1 class, would have tried to sneak in some track time, lol

See ya'll soon enough!
Hey man, get that car together!!! I would like to see it run with that new body before we get down to some serious racing. Chop, chop!!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default Novarossi 35PLUS21

We just tested a 35PLUS21 in a GT car and it was flying! Tomorrow we'll try a FLASH Special... Can't wait until Friday!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

I was lucky enough to get a sneak preview of Joaquin de Soto’s Novarossi Open GT1 car that will be raced at the Ipanema 1/8 GT World Championship this weekend. He was kind enough to let me take a few pictures of his official Novarossi ride.

Joaquin told me he will be offering help and support to all the racers using Novarossi engines at the GT World Championship. He also plans to offer seminars on general engine tuning, preparation and care. Regardless of what brand of engine you have. This will be good information for everyone, so make sure you take advantage of this opportunity.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-16-03-10_1844.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-16-03-10_1845.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-16-03-10_1847.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-16-03-10_1848.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-16-03-10_1843.jpg  

Old 03-17-2010, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jdesoto
We just tested a 35PLUS21 in a GT car and it was flying! Tomorrow we'll try a FLASH Special... Can't wait until Friday!
Sounds cool Bro, what kinda lap times are you putting down?
Old 03-17-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just received a call from a friend, heading to airport ... will be in Miami tonight or tomorrow morning ...

Good luck to all, have a GREAT event !!

cya

Pato Concha
Chile - Southamerica
Old 03-17-2010, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Just received a call from a friend, heading to airport ... will be in Miami tonight or tomorrow morning ...

Good luck to all, have a GREAT event !!

cya

Pato Concha
Chile - Southamerica
It is a shame that you will not be able to attend. Looked forward to finally putting some faces to the screen names on this thread. Hope that things are looking better for you, your family and Chile' since the major quake. Take care and hope that you will be able to make this race next time.

Juan
Old 03-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Sounds cool Bro, what kinda lap times are you putting down?
We tested in a parking lot. We'll find out on Friday.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
It is a shame that you will not be able to attend. Looked forward to finally putting some faces to the screen names on this thread. Hope that things are looking better for you, your family and Chile' since the major quake. Take care and hope that you will be able to make this race next time.

Juan

I know man !!, you cant even be close as how bad i feel ... i did a lot if marketing to the event in southamerica, posting news and info on Mexican, Brazilian, Venezuelan and Chilean forums ... and im not attending !!! ...

Anyway, i trust this will be a hell of a nice event ... and next one will be even better and so on ...

It is March 19th yet ? ... NO !!! (but will be in a couple more days ...) ...

cya,

Pato Concha
Chile - Southamerica
Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Red face

I arrived in Homstead yeterday and immediately went by to see the track and it beautiful. There was no one there yet and kind of quiet then I heard a race car practicing at the speedway behind the RC track it sounds really fast. Was hoping get in some practice myself but it's raining right now. So I'm just sitting in Denys waiting for the chance to start my engine.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

I will be arriving tomorrow morning! Too bad that Tabushi will not be able to race with us. But Pato when everything is straighten out maybe you can come to the Island and race with us here, like you did a few years ago.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

"The time has come to put forth a new beginning....."

GTWorldchampionships
Old 03-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

See you in Homestead!!!

Old 03-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ALMS FAN
I arrived in Homstead yeterday and immediately went by to see the track and it beautiful. There was no one there yet and kind of quiet then I heard a race car practicing at the speedway behind the RC track it sounds really fast. Was hoping get in some practice myself but it's raining right now. So I'm just sitting in Denys waiting for the chance to start my engine.
Glad to see you are in (sunny?) south Florida, The rain should go away soon and we will have chamber of commerce weather for the event.

The track should be ready for practice early Thursday, afternoon. If you want to show up early and give a hand with some last minute details we can keep you from being bored.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.