GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Doug, you & the guys at Homestead have built a Championship Track!

GT People, March is here!

Anyone that still wants to race with us all can still be a part of R/C history.

The 1st Ipanema Sports GT World Championships on Homestead's new monster track!

www.gtworldchampionships.com
Old 03-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doug M
Thanks for the kind words, I must say, I am the guy who does most of the talking for Homestead Raceway, we are so blessed to have a lot of hard working people that sacrifice their own racing at times to help make this racing facility top notch. So I will make sure that the track crew knows how much they are appreciated for their efforts by all of you. Our entire race crew is very happy to have all of you coming to race with us.

The straightaway is 280 feet/85 meters, the total racing line is 960 feet/292.6 meters. Track lane width varies from 15 feet/4.5 meters to 18 feet/5.48 meters.
That track is crazy! Wish I could be there! I can't imagine how fast the cars will be screaming by the time they reach the end of that straight!
Old 03-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just got a kyosho GT2 RTR kit. What should I be looking for first? Wish I've gotten it sooner to go to the Big Race.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Just got a kyosho GT2 RTR kit. What should I be looking for first? Wish I've gotten it sooner to go to the Big Race.
It's fine right out of the box.You'll run into transmission problems sooner or later.Look for a transmission upgrade.The brakes will also need to be changed out for better braking.And then all you have left is to tune the suspension to your driving style.You could upgrade everything else later,like servos,wheels and tires,drive axles,engine,suspension components,things like that.Hope this helps.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Timmo, your car looks great. Good Luck at the Big Show.Will look at trans.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Timmo, your car looks great. Good Luck at the Big Show.Will look at trans.

Your very welcome,and thank you.

If you really want resources on this car,you should check out:
http://infernogt.proboards.com/index.cgi
It's a website dedicated to these cars only,there are tons of information on the GT2 there.Everything that needs to be done and that has been done to these cars are on that website.See you over there.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, I will have Byrons 20%, 25%, and 30% fuel at Homestead. If there are any parts requests, let me know asap. I will be there Thursday night so fuel will be available for Fridays practice. See you all there!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Eperform
Hey guys, I will have Byrons 20%, 25%, and 30% fuel at Homestead. If there are any parts requests, let me know asap. I will be there Thursday night so fuel will be available for Fridays practice. See you all there!!!
How much for a gallon? I will be getting in late Thurs/early Fri and will probably have to hit you up for a gallon for sure (I will be bringing my own but running low). Just a shade over a week to go!!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Good Luck JLock, make texas proud!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

8 DAYS AND COUNTING TO THE IPANEMA GT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Old 03-11-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Good Luck JLock, make texas proud!
Thanks!! I am going to try. From what I have heard, there are some pretty bada** drivers coming in from Mexico and S. America along with a few I have heard about from the states. I will have my work cut out for me.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

I wanna be on the American team,win or lose,all for one,and one for all.And death before dishonor.

Last edited by Timmo; 03-12-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Dude,

Doesn't matter what country the GT racer comes from, we're all on the same team.

We love GT racing, we support GT racing, we are GT racing!

I've thanked so many great people and companies these past few months leading up to the Ipanema Sports 2010 GT World Championships, but most of all I wish to thank all of you GT racers that are the driving force of our class.

All of you attending are the leaders of our GT class.
We are an army of GT racers united in a common goal, to show the rest of the R/C world that our time has come.

We are a strong growing segment of the R/C community.
We are a united GT Army of racers attending our World Championships.
A GT Army, that without the support from all those other lame azz companies with lame azz excuses, continues to grow in strength & numbers every day.
An Army that won't take any "crap" from those that speak against our GT class and our chosen form of R/C racing again.

We are all members of our GT Army, I'm very proud of each and every one of you attending our great event, thank you all very much!

See you all next week in Homestead, for the biggest GT racing event in history!

Jeff Vargas
Ipanema Sports Inc.

Last edited by Jspeed; 03-12-2010 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Make things perfectly clear.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

guys check this out : http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...y-based-h.html
Old 03-12-2010, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by the_winner
Guys a little help... i race at 1/8 truggy with a inferno st-rr i know a lot about infernos so i want a gt or gt2 to start the on road gt class... But i have not so money for new so i am looking for a roller ...or for new what do you suggest me for cheap??The ofnas are cheap... which ofna is the best it have a lot of gt class style cars the ofna site...DM-1,LATEST MODEL,DM-2, 1/7,1/8 etc.. i am confused...
thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.