R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2010, 05:29 AM   #2761
Tech Master
 
Doug M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,359
Default Homestead progress photos

Progress continues on getting Homestead Raceway’s new larger track layout ready for racing.

This week the new perimeter barriers were painted to match the rest of the barriers along with some of the new interior barriers in the new section. A lot of the uneven areas were removed and leveled, this is a very time consuming process.

Sorry, I did not get too many pictures today as I was busy painting, helping out wherever needed and of course trying to tell everyone else what to do when I don’t have a clue myself.

Picture 1:
The new interior barriers are being equipped with a belted rubber material for an almost seamless interior barrier. This should be much more car friendly with no exposed sharp corners or wheel grabbing wood to break cars. In this same picture Rick is chiseling an uneven section of track that will be replaced so cars will not go air born in this high speed section of the race track.

Picture 2:
Johnny is torching the uneven area while Rick removes the bad material. Heating the asphalt allows the bad area to be removed much more easily.

Picture 3:
Yes, that is fire and smoke! The imperfect section is almost completely removed. Later, the base area will be reheated by torch again to almost 300 degrees F to insure a good bond. The new asphalt will be heated and a tamping machine will smooth and even the patch so it will seamlessly feather into the existing racing surface.

I want to extend a big thank you to some of the hardest working guys around who are making all of this happen at Homestead Raceway. Thank you Duncan Chin, Johnny Wong, David Duperrouzel, Joe Chin, and a very big thank you to Rick Pinard for providing his equipment and knowhow for the asphalt work. You gentleman are such an asset to this facility!

Countdown to the Ipanema Sports 1/8 GT World Championship
33 Days
792 Hours
47,520 Minutes
2,851,200 Seconds
Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-13-02-10_1457.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-13-02-10_1504.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-13-02-10_1505.jpg  
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #2762
Tech Fanatic
 
*1speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 813
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug M View Post
Progress continues on getting Homestead Raceway’s new larger track layout ready for racing.

This week the new perimeter barriers were painted to match the rest of the barriers along with some of the new interior barriers in the new section. A lot of the uneven areas were removed and leveled, this is a very time consuming process.

Sorry, I did not get too many pictures today as I was busy painting, helping out wherever needed and of course trying to tell everyone else what to do when I don’t have a clue myself.

Picture 1:
The new interior barriers are being equipped with a belted rubber material for an almost seamless interior barrier. This should be much more car friendly with no exposed sharp corners or wheel grabbing wood to break cars. In this same picture Rick is chiseling an uneven section of track that will be replaced so cars will not go air born in this high speed section of the race track.

Picture 2:
Johnny is torching the uneven area while Rick removes the bad material. Heating the asphalt allows the bad area to be removed much more easily.

Picture 3:
Yes, that is fire and smoke! The imperfect section is almost completely removed. Later, the base area will be reheated by torch again to almost 300 degrees F to insure a good bond. The new asphalt will be heated and a tamping machine will smooth and even the patch so it will seamlessly feather into the existing racing surface.

I want to extend a big thank you to some of the hardest working guys around who are making all of this happen at Homestead Raceway. Thank you Duncan Chin, Johnny Wong, David Duperrouzel, Joe Chin, and a very big thank you to Rick Pinard for providing his equipment and knowhow for the asphalt work. You gentleman are such an asset to this facility!

Countdown to the Ipanema Sports 1/8 GT World Championship
33 Days
792 Hours
47,520 Minutes
2,851,200 Seconds


Doug


Thanks for all the great updates and pictures of the development at this great facility Homestead Raceway.


We GT racers appreciate the time and effort being put out to have this track ready for our 1st World Championship race and no doubt your crew needs to be recognized for their work so I say



THANK YOU TO ALL INVOLVED



Keep up the great work and see you in March
*1speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #2763
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Doug,

Thanks for the track updates.

Also want to give a huge thank you to Duncan Chin, Johnny Wong, David Duperrouzel, Joe Chin,, Rick Pinard and everyone at Homestead Miami Speedway. You guys are the best!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #2764
Tech Rookie
 
aespoleta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
Default

friends of the world rc

the best rally game tires and gt and alpha rc Brazil about 1 more second of difference

the tires are much faster than I've seen on the rc

Here is a hint gt pro world

tires brisileiro champion rally in the final game so gave alpha rc

manufacturer's website alpharc

contact and marcos or marcel


contato e marcos ou Marcel
aespoleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #2765
Tech Rookie
 
aespoleta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
Default

friends of the world rc

the best rally game tires and gt and alpha rc Brazil about 1 more second of difference

the tires are much faster than I've seen on the rc

Here is a hint gt pro world

tires brisileiro champion rally in the final game so gave alpha rc

manufacturer's website www .alpharc. com.br

alpharc @alpharc .com.br

contact and milestones or marcel
aespoleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:56 AM   #2766
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aespoleta View Post
friends of the world rc

the best rally game tires and gt and alpha rc Brazil about 1 more second of difference

the tires are much faster than I've seen on the rc

Here is a hint gt pro world

tires brisileiro champion rally in the final game so gave alpha rc

manufacturer's website www .alpharc. com.br

alpharc @alpharc .com.br

contact and milestones or marcel


Aespoleta,

Who are you ?. Im factory driver and international sales consultant for Alpha RC, and we agreed not to put marketing stuff directly on this thread, wich its about an event, not marketing. Please email me to pato@alpharc.com.br for details,

thanks

Pato Concha
Chile
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #2767
Tech Rookie
 
aespoleta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
Default

pacho friend:

so put pra know what the best tire gt


anything in contact ok

contato@impactrc.com.br

hug to all and a good world

friend good sales in world alpha rc is to be congratulated
__________________
www.impactrc.com.br
aespoleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #2768
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

There you have it folks... just another "free-loader" & "low-life" & "non-event sponsor" company that is attempting to "cash in" on all the hard work being done by everyone associated with the Ipanema Sports 2010 GT World Championships racing event.

If you're attending our race, we will have our race winning GT slicks available to you on special "racer sale pricing". BTW, we'll also have the correct "shore ratings" as well.

We want everyone attending to have a great time at our Ipanema event and we're all working hard for you. Get you're cars ready, we're getting close.

Is it March yet?
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #2769
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
There you have it folks... just another "free-loader" & "low-life" & "non-event sponsor" company that is attempting to "cash in" on all the hard work being done by everyone associated with the Ipanema Sports 2010 GT World Championships racing event.

If you're attending our race, we will have our race winning GT slicks available to you on special "racer sale pricing". BTW, we'll also have the correct "shore ratings" as well.

We want everyone attending to have a great time at our Ipanema event and we're all working hard for you. Get you're cars ready, we're getting close.

Is it March yet?

Sorry Jeff for this ... you know that im the "Channel" for Alpha RC Tires on international marketing, i dont know who this is and already asked the factory ...

So, to all you said, you have to add "and with a very bad english" lol !!

cya man !!

it is march yet !?!?!?!?!?


Pato Concha
Chile - Southamerica
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #2770
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
i dont know who this is......

Pato Concha
Chile - Southamerica
Yeah... shure.... what ever......
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:13 AM   #2771
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Yeah... shure.... what ever......

Jeff, its up to you to believe or not, i do know that im clear with this, and already sent a claim to the factory as this guy who is posting, its a Brazilian dealer, he dont do anything on the USA market and obviously doesnt have to post here neither ... you just cant go through life thinking all people are asses bro ...

cya

Pato Concha
Chile - Southamerica
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:01 AM   #2772
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 331
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

This is the Ipanema Worlds. This race should be run on Ipanema tires.
Bubba Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #2773
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Cola View Post
This is the Ipanema Worlds. This race should be run on Ipanema tires.
You would think so right?

If for nothing more than just to show little gratitude to the people working hard to grow our form of R/C racing and make GT only international racing events like ours possible.

….. But, in any case, it doesn’t really matter since we only offer excellent GT racing products and are very fortunate to be blessed with many loyal Ipanema Dealers & customers world-wide that appreciate what we do. Thank you all!

We’ll have plenty of brand spanking new, fresh Ipanema GT slicks available to all registered racers at special event pricing. All will be pre-mounted on our redesigned BBS, 5-Star, including the introduction of our new Dish style wheels too.

All Ipanema slicks for our Homestead/Miami Championships event will feature new rubber compounds that have been redesigned to provide more predictable & higher traction levels, better heat management options and longer tread life for the 2010 GT racing season.

See ya'll soon!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #2774
Tech Regular
 
rpespo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Cola View Post
This is the Ipanema Worlds. This race should be run on Ipanema tires.
That will be addressed next year for sure!!!

No scabs!!!
__________________
Rich E

Inferno GT1 / LRP Z.28R / Ipanema 2-speed / Dragon Racing / Max Velocity
Monster GT / LRP ZR.30
Spektrum DX3R
rpespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #2775
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 331
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Jspeed. you got P M
Bubba Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro Off-Road 5 03-20-2012 12:03 PM
JRX-S based 4wd buggy?? Why was the idea scrapped? cpatel529 Electric Off-Road 33 12-08-2007 07:19 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-26-2006 12:40 PM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 13 09-30-2006 11:31 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 03-21-2006 02:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:33 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0