GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default JUST A ROOKIE ( OLD DUDE RETURN)

HI THERE TO ALL,,,,,,,, IM FOLLOWING THIS TREAD AND I JUMP IN TO START MY COME BACK, I PUT A NEW TOY TO SHARE WITH ALL YOU MY COME BACK,

I CHOOSE THE OFNA DM1 SPEC AND PUT SOME MODS I FIND TRU THE THREAD.
WHAT DO YOU THING PEOPLE HERE FEW PICTURES.
BODY LATER THE FRAME
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-ofna-016.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ofna-019.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ofna-024.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ofna-018.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ofna-023.jpg  

Old 12-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default OLD DUDE RETURN

MAX VELOCITIE CARBON FIBER SET UP

150CC FUEL TANK

NEW BRACE FOR THE SUSPENCION

DUAL BRAKE SET UP FRM OFNA

REMOVE THE PULL STARTER, FREE SOME RPM

NEW ENGINE MOUNT , LESS STRESS ON CHASIS VS TRANSMISSION

NEW 4 BEARING SET UP IN CLUTCH AND ALUMINUM ADJUSTABLE PUCK WITH GOLDS SPRING.

2 NEW SERVOS DIGITAL 200TQ

AND OF COURSE A NEW SET UP OF GREASE AND OIL TO THE DIFF AND SHOCKS

WILL SEE HOW HANDLE NOW........
NOW WAITING FOR THE SLICK TIRES TO GO AND RACE
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-ofna-002.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ofna-009.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ofna-011.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ofna-003.jpg  
Old 12-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Byron's Fuel

Just looked @ the GTworldchampionships website and it seems Bryron's has joined as Sponser's.

Gotta Love Byron's for the extra pay out incentives, Plus what a Great Fuel.

Last edited by *1speedy; 09-30-2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: ,
Old 12-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

... what happened ?

cya !

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 12-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Just looked @ the GTworldchampionships website and it seems Bryron's has joined as Sponser's.

Great Job Jeff this just makes this Great event that much Better!!!

I totally agree.
It's going to be awesome..
Old 12-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy

Great Job Jeff this just makes this Great event that much Better!!!
This is great!!! I use Byron's fuel anyway so that means no retuning of my engine, just roll with the flow. The incentive payouts are an added bonus as well (icing in the cake). It just keeps getting better by the day.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Maxy's Fuel Sponsor

First of all in this country there is over 300 million souls and each one of them have their own opinion and everyone have their own choice of fuel when it comes to RC Racing it is not our interest to build a monopoly since we base our success in the healthy competition with other brands be we do like respect.

When Mr Jeff Vargas decided to throw the race on March everybody that owned a track said no to him they did not want anything to do with him since they have had bad experiences with him in the past so he called Maxy Velazco owner of Maxy's Fuel and asked him for help with the Homestead crew to make the event in this prestigious facility and at the beginning the said no but since Maxy put up his name and reputation and assumed total responsibility for the event the Homestead crew decided to have the event in their facility. Mr Jeff Vargas told Maxy that in gratitude Maxy's Fuel would be the fuel sponsor for the race ( not meaning that it was going to be a spec fuel any other fuel would be allowed ). Mr Jeff Vargas then called the person in charge of the track and insulted him with bad word for reasons that we still don't know and when Maxy found out about this decided to get out of the responsibility for the event since there had been happening some things that he didn't agree with. Now Maxy has found out that Mr Vargas has decided to change to fuel sponsor to Byrons Fuel without even discussing the issue with Maxy.

We think that these are disrespectful actions from Mr Jeff Vargas after all that Maxy has done for him and is not about having other fuel at the race since again that is what we base our success on the healthy competition it is about the disrespect to a mutual agreement.

We are not used to post this kind of negative comments in any forum we always want to have positive comments but we really feel disrespected and battered with this situation

Best Regards

Maxy's Pro Racing Fuel Crew
Old 12-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

" This event is going to be outrageous,don't miss out !!! "

GTWorldchampionships....
Old 12-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've known Jeff for a while, and his energy for promoting this segment of the hobby can get too intense sometimes, and I think he'd be the first to admit it. I don't make it a habit of getting involved in discussions like this because I'd rather keep it light and fun because that's what a hobby is all about, but Jeff is the sole reason that this event is even taking place. There are other people that are very instrumental in helping as well, like Doug and the Speedway just to mention a couple, but only through his tenacity and unlimited enthusiasm for the class is this event possible. So I have to defend his integrity when I see comments like this because it's unfair to make him out to be the bad guy. I apologize to Jeff if I'm revealing too much of what we've discussed, because I'm sure he doesn't want any part of this, but I think it's unfair to blame him for everything.

I've talked with Jeff all through the planning stages of this event, and he was always excited to get the event off the ground with Maxy as a sponsor. But since partnering with you for this event, you've called him twice threatening to your support of the event because of a difference of opinion about how things should be handled. This isn't how adults work out their disagreements. If you feel strongly that there's a better way to go about things, then put the emotions and the threats aside and just work it out. If you first reaction is anger and threats, then you haven't got a chance in hell of making any progress.

If I were in his shoes, I would have replaced you as a "sponsor" after the first "threat" to withdraw your support because he's already invested a lot of his own time, money and energy into getting this event off the ground and the last thing he needs is a volatile sponsor that constantly threatens to pull out of the event. The extent of your sponsorship was only to put a banner for the race on your website and to supply some fuel for prizes. Your banner was on his site right from the start, but until today, nothing about the race has appeared on your website. He's had no contact from you since your last threat, and this latest conversation was yet another threat. So, having only threatened him EVERY time you spoke recently, he did the only wise thing, which is to recruit another fuel company (the one he should have started with in the first place) that's more interested in supporting the event.

I don't think it's too much to ask that you simply call and say, "hey, I thought we were working together on this... what's up?" But to call and threaten him only makes it personal and turns the discussion completely in the wrong direction. I don't think it's reasonable that you threaten to withdraw your support from the event (by your own admittance), making you the one that's broken your "mutual agreement," and then blame Jeff for it.

I don't know you and don't wish to be an adversary. I'm just stating that there's two sides to everything and I don't think you've provided the details of how you've handled yourself very accurately. I don't believe that the discussions that have taken place so far, the threats, and posting your disagreement on public forum with the intention of making Jeff look bad are mature or productive. I hope you're able to mend things and possibly have some involvement in a future event. I know Jeff doesn't hold grudges and would possibly be willing to join up with you again on a future project, but this type of banter certainly isn't going to help solve whatever disagreements you have.

I know from my own conversations with Jeff that he was an enthusiastic supporter of you and your involvement in the race, but it shakes ones confidence to repeatedly hear "do it my way or in pulling out of the event." I would want someone that's more committed to being part of the solution - not a constant problem.

I've been in this business since 1984, and Jeff is one of the most tenacious promoters that I've ever seen. He's an Energizer bunny and the hobby could got a lot farther with a lot more people like him. Through his efforts and a few other key individuals, it may even become possible to run large events in conjunction with major motorsports events at Holmstead Motor Speedway, which could give RC racing a much-needed boost of publicity. It takes a lot of extra effort to go beyond "here's my race, please show up" mentality that pervades the RC market, and Jeff is one of the few that can get it done. If you can look past minor differences and focus on the big picture, a lot of these events would become much more possible.

This is the last thing I'll have to say about this because I don't want a negative discussion to detract from what is sure to be a great event. I only hope that everyone else feels the same. Let's show the rest of the RC world how much fun GT class racing can be, and avoid the politics and negativity that suck the life out of other events. This one is going to be a blast.

Last edited by SteveP; 12-09-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default maxy's

Last edited by *1speedy; 09-30-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: .
Old 12-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Suspended

Lets see the cars that will be racing.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-protoform003.jpg  
Old 12-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by protsi
HI THERE TO ALL,,,,,,,, IM FOLLOWING THIS TREAD AND I JUMP IN TO START MY COME BACK, I PUT A NEW TOY TO SHARE WITH ALL YOU MY COME BACK,

I CHOOSE THE OFNA DM1 SPEC AND PUT SOME MODS I FIND TRU THE THREAD.
WHAT DO YOU THING PEOPLE HERE FEW PICTURES.
BODY LATER THE FRAME
That will be a compeditive car. I would flare out the exhaust pipe and header pipe so if you take a hit there your exhaust wont disconnect but that car is a shweety.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Suspended

what type of runtimes are you guys getting with the force 28. Those 21s are going to get better gas mileage and I bet there will be guys trying to get one less pit stop in the mains.

Here are the numbers. #of pits on the left. How long you need to run on a single tank on the right.

3 11.25
4 9
5 7.5
6 6.428571429
7 5.625
8 5
9 4.5
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-dsc_0260.jpg  
Old 12-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GT Speed Freak
Lets see the cars that will be racing.
<---------------Mine!

Last edited by rpespo; 12-08-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SteveP

This is the last thing I'll have to say about this because I don't want a negative discussion to detract from what is sure to be a great event. I only hope that everyone else feels the same. Let's show the rest of the RC world how much fun GT class racing can be, and avoid the politics and negativity that suck the life out of other events. This one is going to be a blast.

If this is the "SteveP" I'm thinking,you guys better take his word for it."This one is going to be a blast!"
You'll be sorry if you miss this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.